z

Young Writers Society

I... well, I... I mean - um...

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 pm
nixonblitzen says...

I'm reallllllllly shy, so I have never posted an "about me." but here goes, i guess...

1. I'm real bad at talking, as shown by the subject line. Honestly, I'll get halfway through a sentence, realize it's not going to work out right, and then I just have to try and start over. I avoid speaking extemporaneously at all costs. I think that's one of the reasons I like writing so much. It's a lot easier.

2. I love political science. I watch C-SPAN for fun, but only the Senate. The House of Representatives is laaaame.

3. I love exaggerating my spelling, as you can tell.

4. I love history so much it's crazy. I have a portrait of Abraham Lincoln in my bedroom. My favorite is American history (sorry) especially the 20th Century, especially the Cold War.

5. I also love old things. I have a legit LBJ inauguration button on my bookbag. And I loooove old music, like The Everly Brothers; Ella Fitzgerald; Peter, Paul, & Mary; and anything resembling Doo Wop.

6. I hate technology. I prefer mechanical things like typewriters.

7. I love sports and airplanes and disney princesses and wikipedia and country music and yellow and the piano and flipflops and mexican food. Usually though, I don't like the taste of food and I make weird faces all through dinner.

8. I'm Mormon and I'm going to BYU next year and I'm really excited and so nervous.

9. I want to be a mom when I grow up and other than that I don't really want to be anything else.

10. My writing is always short and never has a plot. I like writing descriptive things that have surprise endings and are always melancholy somewhere under the surface.

11. I have a really good memory and I love quoting movies, especially if it involves weird accents. In fact, I often run around my house making weird noises or saying things in weird accents. Then my family says "What?" and I say "Nevermind, nevermind, nevermind."

Okay, bye.
"He found his voice tended either to disappear or to come out too loud." -William Golding

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey nixonblitzen =]

Nice to meet you!

11. I have a really good memory and I love quoting movies, especially if it involves weird accents. In fact, I often run around my house making weird noises or saying things in weird accents. Then my family says "What?" and I say "Nevermind, nevermind, nevermind." - Haha! I do random stuff like that too - my friends always tell me off for speaking in weird accents :D

Hope you enjoy the site and I hope to see you around!

xDudettex
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:15 pm
Siiham says...

Hello nixonblitzen
how do you do? nice introduction you wrote
well about your shiness don't be worried, i used to be like you, you just need time and you'll be fine
and about been bad in talking, well you can see it positively, if you are not, you would not have chosen to write and become a writer, but be careful writing is not easy as you think, unless if you are born with a pen in your hand...lucky
i hate history but i love gathering old things, about the old music i do love it but i don't know any of these singers, i'll try to find their songs and listen to them
nice to hear that you like writing describtive stories, stories without a plot is a good kind of writing
hope to read your writings soon, and by the way, you might help me describing some parts of my story because i'm veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy bad in doing so.
and at the end, it's nice to be a mum, the best feeling in this life.
okay, enjoy being here, wait for your writing
Siham

If you don't sign up for a review team, you're basically saying you're okay with canine amphibian metamorphosis.
— Nate