z

Young Writers Society

Aloha!

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:40 pm
Serendipity Blues says...

'Ellor. I've been a member on this site before and gotten my stuff published in first journal, but I'd prefer to say that I was just plain and simple - new. My stuff is totally new now too, so please add me as a friend and read it.

Okay so some key facts;

Name: Lizzee

To be honest - that's about it. I'm at college at the minute - that's England college - studying English Language, Business Studies and Politics. I one day want to be a political journalist. I'm a massive fan of Manga and Anime and help out with my local club.

So, hi everyone!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:50 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, Lizzee!

Well, seeing as you've been a member before – and even gotten into the Journal, congrats! – I don't think I'll have to explain any rules to you. :D But I can introduce myself, and that's what I'm going to do.

Hi, I'm Demeter. It's nice to meet you. How are you? :D

What kind of club are you in? What are your favourite genres to write? I know you probably have told everything earlier, but I don't know you yet, so it would be nice to know more. :)

Well, I hope you'll stick around this time, and just throw me a PM or post in my Will Review For Food thread if you need some critiques.

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:08 pm
Mars says...

Hey Lizzee. Demeter's right, I won't mention the rules either. ;-) So, you liked us enough to come back, eh?

What are your favorite authors and books? Do you do fiction, poetry, scripts, a combination?

That's so cool about Political Journalism. I want to do something like that, not exactly, but majoring in politics and government as well! And I adore your avatar. It's so purple...which is definitely the best color. Ever. Ever.

Anyway! See you around the site, this time, I hope. PM me if you need a critique, or have questions, or just want to talk...or whatever. And welcome back.

-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:38 pm
Threnody says...

Hey Lizzee! Nice to meet you! Congrats, a bit late..., for the journal! That's so awesome. I'd love to know more about you though! What do you like listening to and reading?

So, yeah... I hope to see you around and I'd love to read your work!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:55 pm
anti-pop says...

Hey Serendipity!

Nice username, by the way! Very clever. :D
Wow! 16 and already in college? That's really impressive! I'll bet you have a massive amount of studying to do, huh? O.O

So you've been on this site before? That's fantastic! Like everyone else said, you should already know the basic rules and such. (2:1 review ratio, no chatspeak, etc..)
That's great! Makes it easier for all of us. :D

You're a fan of manga and anime!! That's awesome! I love Death Note and Rozen Maiden especially! Well, there's really a long list, but I won't go into that now. XD
I'd love to know more about what kind of shows you like! Ever watched Vampire Knight? lol

If you have any questions, need a review, or just want to chat about something random (like anime!) then just drop me a PM or a guestbook entry! I'd love to hear form ya!

Happy writing, and welcome back to YWS! ;)

~anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:04 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey, Lizzee! How are you?

Seeing as you were already a member before, I won't repeat the rules, but be sure to note that it's still a 2:1 reviewing:posting ratio, which means review 2 things before you post 1 thing. If that makes sense. >.<

Anyway! I'm Jared, glad to meet you! If you would ever like a friend, I'm here! Also, if you need any reviews, feel free to send me a PM! I'd be more than glad to help you out there--I'm an Instructor, which means I can give some good reviews. :) Well, I hope that I'll see you more around this site!

And you were in the last journal? Lucccckkkkyyy! I submitted a story to the new Journal that's coming out this year (I think?), so I'm anxious for the results on that one. It'll be awesome. Anyway, without further ado--

See you around the site, Lizzee!

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:14 pm
Evi says...

Anime! *points to avatar* I love Sailor Moon! Ever heard of it? Best. Anime. Ever.

Darn it, you've been on YWS before? That means I can't give you an ultra long rundown of all the rules or anything! Well, I'll just tell you that right now the Greeters and the Instructors are in the middle of a war (switching jobs) hence all the purple people hanging out in the welcome forums! ;) It's kind of a crazy time to show up.

So, what kind of writing do you do? You can request something in my Will Review for Food thread after this week and I'll make sure to take a look at it!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:16 pm
Clo says...

Hey Lizzee!

If you've been here before, then I'm sure you know the rules (2:1 reviewing ratio, no swearing, no chat speak), and did you have a different username before?

You must write well if you got into the last journal -- it must be wonderful to pick up a book with your own writing in it. They sell it on amazon after all. Anyway, what kind of things do you write? Poetry, fiction? What topics do you focus on? And what other hobbies to you have? We have a lot of manga and anime fans on this site, so you could just dive right into this community. :)

Even though you've been here before, I'm glad you made a new welcome thread, so we can get to know you again. This is a wonderful community here, and it's very easy to make friends. PM me if you ever want reviews, and feel free to join Usergroups for interests and take part in the Blog section of the website that is offered.

Hope to see you around!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:08 am
Serendipity Blues says...

Seen as though there's so much going on - thank you everyone for welcoming me - I may as well reply, although I'm not sure any of you will realise ^_^

Okay, I had a different name last time I was here; GingerLizzy. I was a greeter for a while, but I forgot my password and then I lost the flow for writing! D: But I'm on the okay now (y)

I used to write a lot of poems - and I mean A LOT!! I also used to dabble in a little bit of fantasy fiction, although I've never really got very far with anything that needs to keep going - I haven't got the patience.

At the moment I'm writing something fictitious but also kinda true - it's called Memoir and it's a kind of series where I basically rant about different topics in life. A little bit different from what I usually write but it's not so bad.

My Anime collection varies somewhat - I own practically all of the Fruits Basket Manga and all of the Anime - then I like things such as Studio Ghibli <3 but I'm more for the Manga!

The club I help with? It's our local Anime and Manga club where fans from our town meet up, cosplay and generally have a bit of a laugh ^_^

My favourite author at the minute has to be Kelley Armstrong, although I have just read The Journey by Josephine Cox and I really enjoyed it. And music? I love everything and anything, although I'm kinda stuck in the past - I love the 80's.

Thank you for your welcomes!
Fancy a Review?

Moo.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:47 am
BigBadBear says...

You're GingerLizzy? Hiii!!! I remember you!

That's awesome. See you around.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:14 am
Demeter says...

Hey, I remember you too! :)

Well, see you then!

xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:54 pm
muffy says...

yay welcome! I look forward to checking it out:D, maybe you could help me on my writing too since you've been published. I barely post because I'm in college too which usually means limited amount of sleep and free time. But I'm probably pretty good on the free time part right now:3. Thats an interesting career choice you choose, why you choose it? just curious.lol Welcome to YWS!

All the turtles are related.
— Jack Hanna