z

Young Writers Society

A newbie here! ^-^ And I'm anxious to meet you all!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:00 pm
Mira says...

*giggle* But who could not like Cornelia Funke? She is amazing!
Confetti!!! *smiles*
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:27 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a couple o' quick tips here:

Rated works show up on the front page of YWS unless they are rated R. Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

When you're replying to more then one person, just list the names in your post. Like so:

Character A- Your response
Character B- your response

Ect.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:30 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hi, I'm Vivacious, though you can call me Vivi!
Wow, 16 posts and 3 reviews already?
And you joined today!!!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

51 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:21 am
Mira says...

Rosey Unicorn: Thanks for the tips. ^-^ I'm not much of a R-rated type of girl, so I'll make sure not to go for them. Does them not showing up on the front page mean they are at the back... or are they just everywhere? :) Thanks again.

Vivacious: Hi, Vivi! I guess that's a lot then. :) I've been really, really free today, so a lot of my time has been spent on the site. I'm really enjoying it and having fun reading the different types of stories everywhere. ^-^

Saph

1272 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:39 am
Rosendorn says...

The front page of YWS is the Index where you'll find the Featured Member, Top Five User Points list, ect. And no, rated R works will still show up on the lit. boards. They don't get bumped to the back.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

51 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:41 am
Mira says...

The front page of YWS is the Index where you'll find the Featured Member, Top Five User Points list, ect. And no, rated R works will still show up on the lit. boards. They don't get bumped to the back.

Oh, that makes sense. ^-^ Thanks so much for clearing that up. I was a bit confused, but I get it now. :) (That was a little repetitive, I think. Sorry 'bout that.)

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:49 am
View Likes
MeadowLark says...

Oh don't worry about getting confused Saph! I've been on here for a few months now and I still get confused ^_^ Just click buttons and read things. Have you posted any of your work? I think I might have to go check.

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

51 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:55 am
Mira says...

Oh, thanks, Meadow! ^-^ I won't get too worried, but I want to get the hang of the site. Haha. :)
I've posted one story so far. I was trying something new - present tense and not fantasy-genre - just for my first post. I thought I'd do something original to start it off.

Saph

239 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:06 am
MeadowLark says...

I didn't say much but you're welcome Saph! Well, you're smarter than I. I never came into the Welcome forum. Hehe. I just went a toured around (and got into trouble for not reviewing twice). Oh well. Present tense...*shrugs* I can still take a look at it. Although I usually haunt the fantasy fiction for a good read. ^_^

Meadow

51 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:25 am
Mira says...

Sometimes exploring is a little more fun. ^-^ You got into trouble? *gasps* *smiles* I guess you learned after that.
I totally agree. I'm more into the fantasy genre, so I'm not sure exactly what I was doing. I think it still came out pretty well. ^-^ The next time I post, it'll definitely be fantasy though. That way everybody will get a chance to see what my real writing is like. Not like it'll change but you know what I mean. :)

Saph

1272 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:49 am
Rosendorn says...

Heh, it took me awhile to learn my way around this place too. Just ask a bunch of questions, click a bunch of buttons, and talk to people who know what they're doing! :P

If your work doesn't have vampires, werewolves or ghosts I'll check it out. Fantasy is where I haunt too. ^_^

51 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:56 am
Mira says...

Then I'll make sure to press as many buttons as I can! :)

My work doesn't usually hold any of those, but it'll usually have all sorts of little creatures. And if I have ghosts, they're not scary or anything... Mostly because I'm terrified of so many things! Haha. I only have one thing posted right now, but I might try and write something tonight so I can add it tomorrow. ^-^

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:24 am
Demeter says...

Hey Saph, I have a feeling you're fitting in very well! :)

Welcome! I'm Demeter, it's nice to meet you. How are you?

Wow, about two days of membership and already 6 reviews! That's great, you clearly have the YWS spirit. How did you find your way here? Google or friends, or something else? :) I find it always interesting to find out that kind of things. And other things, too, because I'm really curious, haha!

Aw, that 'all sorts of little creatures' thing sounds so cute! :) I get easily frightened, but one thing I'm very scared of is heights. Well, nowadays it's not so bad anymore, I think, but I still want to avoid going too high.

Well, I'm very glad you're enjoying this place, and I hope you'll PM me if you have something to ask, or anything.

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

51 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:19 pm
Mira says...

Demeter: Thanks for the welcome! ^-^ I'm totally loving it here and I'm already addicted.

Well, I found my way here through google. I love to write and eventually want to get published, so I started searching for sites for young writers. :) I saw this one and thought it would be awesome to try and I'm so glad I did!

As for being scared of heights, that has to be my worst fear. I can't even make my way up to the top of a ladder most of the time... Hopefully I'll get over it one day. :)

Saph

239 Reviews

Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:28 pm
MeadowLark says...

Heya Saph!

This site is addicting isn't it?

I'm scared of heights too, but I love to climb trees and sit on the roof's of buildings. The climbing down part is the hardest but it's always worth it ^_^ I'm scared of bears hehe.

Meadow

don't try me bro
— Seirre