z

Young Writers Society

Am I still a writer if I lost my USB with my story on it????

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:59 am
in_a_blue_moon says...

:( It was a really good story too... ugh. I freaked at my little sister when I found her destroying it.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:30 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there Blue Moon! oh, that's terrible... That's why I always have at least two copies of it, in my computer and in other USB. Of course your still a writer!
Welcome to YWS! I'll lay the rules for you:
1. Try to keep the 2:1 ratio. that means that for every post of your work you post, you should do two reviews to someone else work. A review is when it has at least 250 characters or six lines of text.
2. Keep the chat speak (the omg, syl, things) and capitalizing to a minimal please.
3. rate your works. A rated work can be displayed on the Home page. if you're post has adult content please rated it as R.

If you have taken a look around, you might have noticed that some users have their name in color. that's because they have jobs.
Blue- Greeters. Their job is to welcome the newbies (like yourself) and to answer questions.
Purple- Instructors. they give the more constructive reviews and if you have any question just ask them. If you need a review, you can request on to them.
light green/dark green- Junior Moderators and Moderators. The juniors can only manage on section.
Red- Administrators. They make sure that this site runs smoothly, like our fellow Nate.
orange- They're basically retired Moderators or Administrators.

Tells us more about yourself? What's you genre of writing? Your favorite band, movie, author, etc?

PM me if you have any question!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:04 pm
Twit says...

You just need to find another medium. So hai and welcome and have a nice time here and be sure to read the Rules! Which is, in itself, part of the Rules.

:mrgreen:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:05 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Hi! Can I call you Moon?

I hope so because that's what I am going to call you.

Wassup Moon? You are truly special. You know why?

You are the first person on YWS to be greeted by me as an official Greeter! See my username? Its blue isn't it?

Isn't it?

Right it is! All people who are username's are blue are Greeters. It is our job to serve you newbies. Help you, love you, care for you, make sure you are comfortable in your new home. YWS.

Yes, that's where you are. Welcome to YWS, Moon! Home to wacky writers like yourself. And myself.

Oh yes, I'm JC!

Oh whoops. I just noticed that Kat already said that...

Oh well. I always need to be told things twice lol....why did I just say that?

Oh yes, (I say oh a lot....) we are a friendly bunch! Don't be shy. Tell us more about yourself!

JC
I just read this over and I sound insane.
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:13 pm
Meep(: says...

Hey there!
Since the rules have been laid out for you,
I shall just say this:

Having a story in your possession as proof, doesn't necessarily make you a writer.
It is the passion for writing, the love of it that makes you one.

You could always try to rewrite it,
And this time, make it even better :D
We're all here to help you out!

~Feel free to PM me if you need any help or have any queries.
I'll be glad to help you out!

-Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:19 pm
smaur says...

That's the worst. : ( I think awful things like this made me start backing-up obsessively.

Anyway, welcome to YWS! If you rewrite the story and post it here, at least it'll be saved somewhere else.
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:35 pm
zankoku_na_tenshi says...

Hi there! I'm Zan, nice to meet you. ^_^

Augh, that's the worst. Don't worry, it's not that uncommon-- one of my best friends actually lost a flash drive with her completed NaNoWriMo on it, poor girl. >_<

If you need an alternate method of backing stories up, maybe you should try Google Docs? that's what I've been using, since that same friend introduced me to it.

Anyway, welcome to YWS! if you've got questions, I too am here. Perhaps a bit redundantly. XD
"The world is not beautiful, therefore, it is." --Kino's Journey

Hey, how about a free review?

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:17 pm
MeadowLark says...

Hey there! Welcome to YWS! I'm MeadowLark, but call me Meadow ^_^

That has totally gotta suck! I always have fears of something happening to all my stories. *shudders*

I love your avvie! It's just so cool! ^_^

So like, what do you enjoy writing? What's your favourite genre?

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:29 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

A note on the length of reviews: They must be three to six lines long to actually count as a review.

So, tell us a bit more about yourself! Who are your favourite authors? What are your favourite books?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:34 pm
Chloe(: says...

That sucks! I feel your pain, once my computer auto-deleted my story!
I don't know how it did it!!!
Little sisters can be annoying.
Anyway, welcome to YWS!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:56 pm
Teague says...

zankoku_na_tenshi wrote:Augh, that's the worst. Don't worry, it's not that uncommon-- one of my best friends actually lost a flash drive with her completed NaNoWriMo on it, poor girl. >_<

Oh the pain >.< It still makes me want to cry. XD

But! Take it as a lesson to like, quadruple-backup your works. After I lost my flash drive, I started handwriting everything, then typing it and saving it in eight different places -- my e-mail, C drive, Google Docs, Zoho Docs, and so forth. I'm hyper-careful of it now. And I've been reluctant to buy another flash drive for fear of losing everything again.

Anyway! I am, quite obviously, Teague. Welcome to YWS, be sure to read the Rules, and most importantly, don't lose heart! ^_^

If you have any questions, contact anyone with a green (light like mine, or dark) or red name. We're the moderators/administrators of the site and we're here to help. ;)

Teague
x
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman