z

Young Writers Society

Hi, sort of new!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:35 am
Matthemus says...

First off hi everyone!

I've posted a couple of things on here already, but still new so i just wanted to say hello because im bored.

Lets chat! :D
Show me your soul!

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:52 am
Threnody says...

Hi! It's Forever Threnody but you may call me Thren, Forever or Coralie, whichever you'd prefer.

Yeah, I've seen you around a number of times! You probably know the ropes by now right?

Well, nice to meet you! I'd like to know some stuff about you!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:58 am
peanut19 says...

Hey Matt. I'm peanut! Welcome to YWS. I hope you like it here and can't wait to read your stuff.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:09 am
Damsel.in.distress says...

Hey Matt!! I'm sort of new here too :) So Yay for us newbies!!
What do you like to write? What do you like ot read? Who are your favourite authors?
I am what I am and that's something you can't be :)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:19 am
WaterVyper says...

Hiyas Matt! Great to meet you! I think I've seen your name around a few times, but I dunno. Anyway, great to see you here! Tell us more about yourself like your hobbies, your favorite books/authors, your interests in movies and music, everything! We Greeter type people are naturally inquisitive. Anywho, feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

12 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:32 am
Matthemus says...

Hi Coralie and everyone else! Nice to meet you all!

Uhm lets see, so far most of my writing are sci-fi or fantasy, and i normally will read anything that catches my attention, but lately nothing has really held my attention, so if you guys can recommend something that would be awesome!

One of my favorite book series of all time though is the Pendragon series, or the His Dark Materials trilogy, or the Enders Game saga of books.

I like making friends, and besides reading my favorite hobby is gaming :D

I'd like to get to know you guys as well.
Show me your soul!

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:14 am
MeadowLark says...

Heya Matt! Nice to meet ya!

I have His Dark Materials tilogy, but I can't seem to get through the first chapter. And what kind books do you like? Ones with lots of magic? Dragons, what? I have plenty of series that I could suggest to you >_<

You like gaming too? What are your favourite games and or systems (if any of that makes sense) ^_^ I love playing the Legend of Zelda games, along with Lord of the Rings and the Mario games. Childish I know. But they're fun.

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

12 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:01 am
Matthemus says...

Hi meadow!

Id have to say my favorite games are the Halo series and Fallout 3!
I used to game with Nintendo, until my Gamecube broke a few years ago :(

And yeah the HDMT is sort of hard to get through, but it gets more interesting as you go. And anything you think is really good ill take as a recommendation :)
Show me your soul!

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:00 pm
MeadowLark says...

Ooh, I've never played those games. I've always gamed with Nintendo. My brother has a 64, we have a gamecube and a Wii. Also a PS2. A lot I know, but we only play them when we're in the mood for it.

Hmm...Have you heard of The Dark is Rising? I own them but have actually never finished reading the first book. It's good but again, like HDMT, I have difficuties getting through it. Gah! I can't seem to think of any. I love the Inkheart Trilogy. They're wonderful books. Well, I can't seem to think at the moment so I'm gonna go.

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:05 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there, Matt!
I noticed you play the halo series. My brother plays that, but I prefer Bioshock. Have you ever played it? It's my favorite game so far. It's basically about this underwater world that has been turned into mutants, and you have to collect these tapes and save the little children that are trapped. Super fun and an amazing environment. Anyways, if you like fantasy, my friend recommended anything by Eoin Colfer to me, so I'll pass it on :P. He said his favorite was Artemis Fowl.

By the way, I'm Avery! :]

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:09 pm
Threnody says...

I love the His Dark Materials series!

Peace, love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

12 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:20 pm
Matthemus says...

Meadow: I gamed with Nintendo since I was four, throwing it down with the SNES! But once the Wii was released I just didn't see it getting enough use from me :( And I'll check out that series, Thanks :)

Avery: Bioshock is amazing, and no doubt one of the best games I have ever owned. The environment is just so detailed and amazing, I can't wait for the second one! And I have noticed the Artemis Foul series before, I guess they never caught my eye though.. I'll give them a look :)

Coralie: I know they are :) Pullman is a fantastic author.
Show me your soul!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:23 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

I usually go by Rosey, for future reference.

Recomendations...... Hmmm. Unless you like Romantic Fantasy then you're probably not getting any books you might like from me. ;)
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:44 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hi Matthemus!
I'm Vivacious, though call me Vivi.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

12 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:17 pm
Matthemus says...

Hi guys!

Yeah Rosey, I liked Twilight, but if you're talking about "Fabio" novels, I can't say I'm a big fan :P

Hi Vivi!
Show me your soul!

I wondered why we put villains in our stories when we have plenty of them in real life; then I realized that maybe we wanted stories where the good guy wins.
— nogutsnoglory