z

Young Writers Society

Hello!

Random avatar

Reviews: 14
Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:56 pm
nate.b says...

Hi! My name is Nathan Bednarek. I'm 18 and I live in London.

I love all kinds of literature, but I always admired poetry the most. I write poems about anything that strikes me, but they're usually about love, spiritual and physical experiences, nature, etc. I am a member of a few other popular websites that form a community of writers.

Even though I'm quite confident about my writing abilities I know that I wouldn't get there without the help of other talented writers. In order to keep improving I need feedback and constructive criticism. Hence, if you like my work and if you can give me some valuable advice then I can continue strengthening my work.

Thank you.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:12 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there Nathan! I love your name! I usually use it in my stories...
Anyway, welcome to YWS!
I thought of just giving a resume of the rules, so:
1. Keep the 2-1 ratio. that means that for every posts of yours you should do two reviews on somebodies else work. it counts as a review when it has 250 characters or 6 lines of text.
2. Try to get chat speak and capitalizing to a minimal.
3. Rate your works, that way they can come up on the home page. if your work has adult subjects then rate it as R.

Enough about the rules!

Tell us something about yourself. Like what's your favorite band/author/book)music)movie, etc?

London? Oh my God! I absolutely love London. it's like my second home town. I go there every year, some time twice a year. Lovely at Winter, ain't it? freezing, but nice :D

*Kat*
If you need anything just PM me-
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Random avatar

Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:50 pm
nate.b says...

Ok I'll remember the rules :D

My favourite books are: 'The Shadow of the Wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak. However, poetry is my thing so my favourite poets are: Sylvia Plath, Rudyard Kipling, Philip Larkin, W.H.Auden, T.S. Eliot and Marianne Moore.

Music? I listen to anything that has rhythm, but I guess rap and RnB are my favourite types of music. I love movies, but I don't have any particular favourites. Oh yeah! 'Forrest Gump'- it's just too good ;D

What about you?

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:29 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Nathan *waves*
Welcome to YWS :D

I was in London twice :D But it was too rainy for my taste ...

Anyways, did you post some of your works already?
I enjoy reading poetry (unless they're written in really weird English - because I don't understand stuff like Shakespearean-English xD), although I'm not that much of a poet myself ^^
However, I can't really promise you to sound smart - I don't know much about poetry. To me, if it sounds nice, it's good, and that's it.

Well ... hope you're enjoying it here :D
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:43 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Well, as I'm Portuguese my favorite poet is Florebela Espanca. I don't know if you have heard of her... As for author I like Chirstopher Paolini, Sandra Carvalho (who's also Portuguese), William Shakespeare and Stephenie Meyer.
I love poetry too! Even thought I suck.
My favorite movies are the Pirates of the Caribbean (the three of them) and my favorite band is Linkin park and Evanescence.
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:36 pm
Flux says...

Hey Nate. Welcome to YWS. Everyone already went over rules and such, so I'm going to make sure you know what the coloured names are.

BLUE- a greeter. Like me! We are in charge of giving new members a warm welcome to the site.
PURPLE- instructors. They're who to see if you want a review. They can also teach classes, but so far I haven't seen one done...
LIGHT GREEN- Junior mod. They could be referred to as a mod-to-be, in a sense. They help moderate a certain part of the site.
GREEN- Moderators. They help keep everything and everyone in check.
RED- Admins. They (well, Nate) created the site, or are very trusted and help update things, etc,.
ORANGE- they are, well, distinguished members.

So, that's the gist of it. Welcome.

That's cool that you live in London. One question: Do you use the words "bloke" and "snogging" often? XD, its a little inside joke with two friends of mine.

You're lucky you're confident with your work. I am a little scared to post, actually.

Well, if you need anything PM me-- or anyone, really-- if you need something.

~La Reina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

Random avatar

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:10 pm
nate.b says...

Hey MySunshine!

Thanks for your comment. It's nice to get such a warm welcome to the YWS community :D

Yes, it is far too rainy here. It's very tiring for us Brits, but we've learned to cope I guess :P

I posted 3 poems already, so if you feel you want to comment then you're very welcome to do so and I'm sure your comments will be very interesting :D

I'm sure I'll enjoy it here. Thanks again and 'till next time!

Random avatar

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:13 pm
nate.b says...

Hey Kat.

No, I don't think I heard of them (except William Shakespeare of course), but I sure will look them up on the net. Thanks again.

Random avatar

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:23 pm
nate.b says...

Hey La Reina! Thanks for the info and the welcome! :D

I don't use 'snogging' often, just when appropriate :P

However, 'bloke' is definitely a part of my daily vocabulary; also words like 'mate', 'geezer', 'cheers' and 'in'it'. My motto is 'You all righ' mate? How abou' that pint of Guinness for the old geezer, eh? Cheers.'

:P

Again, thanks for your comment mate! :D

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:33 pm
ThienThienThien says...

I live in London too! I hate it here though. The weather sucks, although today was not bad, quite sunny when I was at school :) Welcome again Nate.B
Woot Woot! I'm Paraskavedekatriaphobic! LOL XD Are You?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:01 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a quick tip- when replying to more then one person, just put all your comments in one post. Keeps thread-length under control. ;)

I use Shakespirien English a lot. Mostly stuff like 'tis or 'twill, ect. 'Tis fun. :D

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle