z

Young Writers Society

Hi I'm threm.

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:04 am
threm. says...

My name is threm. NO. Don't spell it with a capital letter. it's just threm.

That's not my real name of course.

I'm fourteen and I love poetry and romance stories.

I give good advices... so, when you need one, message me. :)

xoxo,

-threm.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:20 am
WaterVyper says...

Heyas threm! So, welcome to YWS! Your straightjacket is in the basket over there, don't forget to keep it on at all times!

So, welcome to YWS! Here, we have two main rules you need to follow.

1. Keep the 2:1 review rule. That means that for every work you intend to post, review two other works beforehand. It makes people more inclined to review your work.

2. And no chatspeak. We're all writers here, so please use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization at all times.

That's all the rules. I gotta go right now, so someone else can ask the questions and explain everything else. See ya around and feel free to PM me for anything you need. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:04 pm
deleted_5 says...

YES!!! So threm,
what are your favorite books?
Who's your favorite author?
What are some of your interests?

Sorry, but here at YWS we ask a lot of questions.
Oh, I guess I better explain a few more things.
Whenever you post, you allow other people to read and review your poem, story etc. And yes, most of the time, the reviews are pretty harsh, don't get discouraged by them!!! Have fun with your writing.

When you look on the top toolbar thing, you see groups on there too. These are really fun. There are groups for HP books, Narnia things, Mythology, POTC, and so much more! You can get to know more people and get more friends!!

well, I guess that about covers it. You can PM (Private Message) me anytime if you need anything or some more help. Have a great time at YWS!

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:14 pm
Meep(: says...

*sighs*
Beaten to the punchline.
*waves fist at WaterVyper and Lucy*

Anyway, welcome to the YWS family!
Where all writers are hot! XD
~Feel free to PM ME, not Vyper or Lucy. ME.
Haha, have a nice day then! :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:12 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

One thing that has not been mentioned is the advantage to rating your works. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments out of it. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Well, that's my two bits.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:28 pm
Mars says...

Hey Threm! Just kidding. threm. threm. Gotcha. Okay.

Oh my goodness! Poetry and romance is what I usually write as well! I shall look forward to reading your work, then *nudge, nudge* Do you have a favorite poet? I adore TS Eliot, we started studying him in school and his work is amazing.

I will tell you that if you ever need help, besides asking members (who will be happy to help!), you can check out the Knowledge Base (under Resources). It has all sorts of helpful articles on Grammar, Writing, Poetry, and others, all written by YWS members.

Plus, you have a blog! Which is really great for ranting or freewriting or whatever. Just check out the Blogs button at the top - under Blog News, you can also comment on others' journals.

Welcome to the site, threm, see you around! PM me if you need anything (I'm bad at advice though ;-) so I may take you up on that offer).
-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:12 pm
Evi says...

Welcome threm, I'm Evi! Must...not...capitalize...must...not...capitalize...

Whew, that's rather difficult for me! But then again, I'm a grammar freak. :lol: I think everyone's covered bsically everything except for the color ranking! I shall gladly remedy that!

See how my username above my avatar is purple? Purple=Instructor. Being an Instructor means that you can count on me for reviews that are well-thought-out and helpful. If you go to 'Community Forums', then 'Lounge', and then 'Will Review for Food' you can kind advertisements for different people's reviews, in case you're desperate for opinions.

Blue=Greeter. Greeters are normally the ones to be here, welcoming you, but you've come in a kind of crazy time; this week, blues and purples have switched jobs! Confusing, I know, but that's just how things are. So, if you need anything, PM one of those friendly blue people for help around the site!

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:41 pm
Demeter says...

Hello, threm!

Woah. You don't believe how difficult it was for me to not to capitalize your name. :D

Evi was kind about explaining those colour things. Besides blue and purple, we also have dark and light green people (Mods and Jr Mods), orange people (Distinguished Members, who aren't that active anymore), and the most important, red people (Admin = Nate = exceptionally awesome, and the Junior Admin, Meshugenah).

I like poetry, too! How long have you been writing? How are things at the Philippines? Tell us more about yourself!

And if you need any help, have questions, want to talk, or are in desperate need of cake recipes, just PM me and I will help you out!

Also, if you feel like you'd like a particular someone to show you around and answer all your questions, check the Buddy System thread in this very Welcome forum. :)

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:41 pm
View Likes
Bittersweet says...

Hey, threm! :D

You're from the Philippines, eh? That's so cool! What language do you speak? My brother lived in the Philippines for two years, so I know quite a bit about it from him. He speaks Tagalog. It's funny, because everyone there was so surprised that a white guy from America could speak Tagalog! I've been wanting to write a story about the Philippine vampire-like creature. The one who's upper half turns into a bat, while the legs stay there? Or so I've heard. :P

Romance and poetry! Good stuff. I love romances, though nothing too gushy. :P And poetry is awesome, if tastefully done.

As for YWS, I know that it's often very confusing at first, unless you're like... computer smart, which a lot of us aren't. :P So if you ever get confused about anything, send me a message and I'll explain it to the best of my ability, all right?

Have fun exploring the site!
-Holly
eviscerate your fragile frame
spill it out in ragged form
a thousand different versions of yourself.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:47 pm
BigBadBear says...

Hey, threm! Awesome name. Very original. ;)

I'm Jared! What's up? I hope you're enjoying your time here on YWS. I know that I did when I was a new member. It becomes addicting quite quickly, so be ready!

I hope you begin to post and review! As others have told you, it's a 2:1 ration of reviewing:posting. It's not that hard to remember. Be sure to notice the rules, and other things.

If you would ever like a critique from me, be sure to PM me about it! I'd love to help you out! I love to critique, and I am an Instructor (purple name), so if you have any questions, you can just ask me about them.

Well, I'll see you around the site, threm! I hope you will be having an enjoyable time here!

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:46 pm
Juniper says...

Hi threm. Kamusta Ka Na?

Pay close attention here :P, almost everyone above me misspelled your name. You said your name was threm. Yet, people greeted you saying "Hi threm!"-- leaving off the period at the end of your name. Well, threm. it's really nice to have you here :D.

Anyway! I'm June, it's really nice to meet you. I absolutely love the Philippines; it's such a cool place, I hope to go there someday.

So! The rules have already been run over, great. Here's a link to the rules page: rules.php

And, a link to the FAQ page. The FAQ is really, really helpful.
faq.php

And, the only other thing that hasn't been explained is rating your works. When creating a new post, you will see a horizontal list of the different ratings strung across the screen. Here's the legend:

G - This means the story is good, clean, and a little kid can read it. This will appear on the homepage of YWS.

PG-13 - The story is okay. May contain mild swearing, mild violence, or anything else a child under thirteen shouldn't really read. Will show up on the homepage.

R - Restricted. Violence, sexual content, explicit scenes and anything else fall under this category. This will not show up on the homepage of YWS.

Yay! You do poetry? That's fabulous! We've got lots and lots of poets around here.

I would love to see some of your work around here soon, but just be sure to complete two reviews prior to submitting.

It's simple, all you have to do is go to a story, poem, or other piece of literature, and give your response. If you note any errors in the piece, you can point those out as well. Give positive feedback, but don't be afraid to voice your suggestions.

Welcome aboard! Hope to see you around!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held