z

Young Writers Society

Hi

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:34 am
Ariana Valentine says...

Um... Hi, so I'm new here, my names Nicole, but I go by Ariana or Seth... basically I'll respond to anything. But I guess I'll tell you a little about my self. Okay, I have two cats their names are Posie and Nefertiti. My favorite writer is Margeret Peterson Haddix, and my favorite book is Turn About, by Margeret Peterson Haddix. I've been playing the violin for about two years, and I want to get into a Sinfonia Orchestra.
I love acting and dancing, yesterday in my dance class we were doing lifts with the boys in my class because they decided to show up for once, and now my sides are sore, but I'll get over it.
My favorite band is "Rise Against" I don't know how many of you have heard of them, but they're amazing. I don't know what my favorite song is though, I love so many of them.
I've been writing since I was in third grade, I couldn't read before then, and it's really hard to write if you read, but I can read now. So that's good. I'll write pretty much anything, but I like to write fiction and poetry the most I think.
Oh, all of my friends, there names start with the letter A. There's Andrew, Alice, Ambri, Andi, Alexis, other Andrew, Alexandria, and the other Alexis.
That was... random, but that's the way I am most of the time, so um... yeah, I think I'm done now... Bye. :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:48 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, before we get to any chit-chat, I must explain some rules to you:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. A review being about three to six lines. That way more people have a chance to get reviews, and people are more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio

2- Minimize chat-speak. Some abbreviations like lol and brb are okay, just don't overdo it.

3- Please keep swearing in literature only. That means stories you post can have swearing, but outside of those keep everything clean. And if you do use swearing, please rate your works accordingly. If you use the f-word, your work must be rated R.

And a little advantage to rating works is, unless they are rated R, they show up on the front page of YWS. You might get more comments out of it. ;)

Dancing is a passion of mine as well. ^_^ Glad to hear about the boys in class actually showing up! I'm actually amazed you have boys in your dance class. One school I went to had one boy. Period. What style of dance so you do?

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:55 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi!
I'm Avery, but my screen name is fragile_heart(!). I also write fiction and some poetry. I'm thirteen and love dancing too; I took ballet for nine years and jazz and hip-hop for one, so all together is eleven years. My passion is writing now, but I do act a little; I'm staring in a friend of mine's movie, though it's not going anywhere further than youtube. xD I've been writing since the fifth grade, but it's close enough.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or anyone else. We're all friendly. We don't bite.
Much.
(Exceptions being made for the Twiligh fans; they possibly might just do so.)
Bye :]

- A

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:17 am
niteowl says...

Hi Nicole/Ariana! My name's Nicole too, but I go by Niteowl around here.

Turnabout? I used to love that book! Read a ton of Margaret Peterson Haddix stuff a long time ago (back when I had time to read). I'm sure there's like 10 more "Among the Hidden" books I never knew came out. :P

I like Rise Against too! Wouldn't call them my favorite band, but I got "Sufferer and the Witness" and I enjoy those songs.

Hope you like it around here, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!

Now HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE'S YOUR GIFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:27 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi Ariana! I'm Emily but I go by just about anything around here. So, great to meet you and welcome to YWS!

Ooh, Haddix? I loved Haddix, and still do, actually. My favorite is the Shadow Children series and Doube Identity. They're just awesome.

And I play the violin too! It wouldn't be my first choice of instrument (the piano is), but I love playing. Though, one of the trial teachers called me terrible. Hah. I guess I shouldn't maim him, but it's tempting.

Yeah, enough about me. What type of fiction do you like writing the most? I'm pretty much an all around person, except for romance. I do not enjoy writing romance. Period. It's pretty difficult to write, but there are tons of people who are a master of it. Darn, I'm rambling again.

Well, feel free to PM me for anything you need. I hope to see you around soon, Ariana. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:31 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Ariana and welcome to YWS :D:D

You sound like a really fun person ^^

So I assume you're in a drama class/club of sorts? Sounds awesome! I probably would be in a drama club, too, if my school had one and if I didn't feel totally embarrassed when I have to act out something :P
But well.

I really hope you post some of your stuff here - I can assure you you'll improve so much in so little time :D
Let me know when you do ;)

Hope you enjoy it here!
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:23 am
Ariana Valentine says...

Dancing is a passion of mine as well. ^_^ Glad to hear about the boys in class actually showing up! I'm actually amazed you have boys in your dance class. One school I went to had one boy. Period. What style of dance so you do?

For dancing, I guess I'll pretty much do any type of dance, I'm in a mixed dance class, we've done tap, jazz, ballet, musical theater (that is a style), hiphop, ballroom... I don't really care what I'm doing, just as long as I'm dancing.
And as for the boys, we basically had to beg them to come, but we have three, so that's good.

So I assume you're in a drama class/club of sorts? Sounds awesome! I probably would be in a drama club, too, if my school had one and if I didn't feel totally embarrassed when I have to act out something

I'm in a musical theater class, but we do a lot of acting, and with me I'm probably the shyest in the class. But in my class pretty much everyone acts crazy.

And I play the violin too! It wouldn't be my first choice of instrument (the piano is), but I love playing. Though, one of the trial teachers called me terrible. Hah. I guess I shouldn't maim him, but it's tempting.

Yeah, enough about me. What type of fiction do you like writing the most? I'm pretty much an all around person, except for romance. I do not enjoy writing romance. Period. It's pretty difficult to write, but there are tons of people who are a master of it. Darn, I'm rambling again.

I play the piano too, I've played for seven years, I kinda suck at it though.

Romance is hard, I think my favorite kind of fiction to write though is, realistic fiction and fantasy, even though those two are kind of oppisite from each other.

Turnabout? I used to love that book! Read a ton of Margaret Peterson Haddix stuff a long time ago (back when I had time to read). I'm sure there's like 10 more "Among the Hidden" books I never knew came out.

I like Rise Against too! Wouldn't call them my favorite band, but I got "Sufferer and the Witness" and I enjoy those songs.

You've heard of Rise Against! Yay, that makes me happy, at my school there's only like ten people who have even heard of them, but I love them, so I'm constantly telling people to listen to them.

Turn about is probably my favorite by her. And I've never even read the "Among the Hidden" books though, I heard that there really good though.

I took ballet for nine years and jazz and hip-hop for one, so all together is eleven years. My passion is writing now, but I do act a little.

I used to be in Ballet, I took it for about six years, but then I stopped because the shoes you had to wear for point hurt my feet, but oh well, I still do ballet ocasionally.

That was long, I have a hard time writing short things.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:43 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hi Nicole, or Ariana or Seth. Haha, that made me laugh. Anyways, I guess you could call me the welcoming committee. So welcome! Since you're telling about your favorite band I'm going to tell you mine...All Time Low or Forever the Sickest Kids. Don't know why I told you that but I love music so. Anyways, here are some rules, as a greeter I'm supposed to tell you these things.

Remember: The 2:1 ratio, that means review two things before posting something of your own. You will now if you have two when you post and by your name it will say reviews and there should be two.

That's the only thing I'll remind you of because I don't feel like listing more! Yeah, so I like Haddix too, I play the clarinet, it's not all that fun but it's an easy 'A' in band. So what kind of things do you write? Poetry? Stories? Novels? Novels is my thing, I can't get all my thoughts into a short story so I do novels. I think I'll listen to Rise Against just because you said you liked them and I like lots of different music. So, if you have questions PM me.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:21 am
Claeren says...

Hey, what's up Ariana?

Welcome to YWS or Young Writer's Society!

I'm Claeren, or Snow White, or whatever you want to call me. My name is Genevieve Noling, but please, call me Gen. ^^

Umm, okay, so here are a few tips on starting out on YWS.

1) No bad language, except in literature.

2) Keep chat abbreviations to a bare minimum.

3) You must post 2 reviews before you can post anything of your own, so please don't forget, kay?

4) You can find out even more here

So that's basically it, any questions? No? Great!

<== Hurry and click, before they all die!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins