z

Young Writers Society

hey :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:39 pm
topaz says...

hey guys, i'm topaz, just thought i'd say a quick hello :) i only discovered this site last week, looking forward to reading more of the great stuff i've come across so far! tc

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:49 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey topaz, great to meet ya! I'm Vyper or whatever you want to call me, so hi! *waves* So, before you start posting your stuff ilke crazy, I guess I'll give you the two most famous rules of YWS.

1. Keep the 2:1 review rule. That means that for every work that you intend to post, you must review two pieces of work first. We ask that you keep the ratio at all times, though 3:1 or even 52:1 is appreciated. It stops people from flooding the forums with their own stuff, and it'll make people more inclined to review your own work.

2. Please no chatspeak. That means to use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization at all times. Yeah, we're all writers here.

So, that's it for the rules. Now, tell us more about yourself. What do you like to write? Which genre? What do you like to read? Which authors? What about movies and music? How about other hobbies? And any other things you want to include?

So, I hope to see you around sometime, topaz! Feel free to PM me for everything you need, reviews, answered questions, or friendship. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:58 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi, Topaz! Well, looks like Vyper pretty much laid down the laws. So... I'll just say welcome! *gives a cookie* And I'll say hi, and obviously I gave you a cookie. Which is good. We love cookies here. Haha.

Anyway, PM me if you have any questions. I'd like to get to know you, as in what type of stuff you write, read, and listen to!
Bye for now!
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:28 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey Topaz,

Welcome to YWS.

Pm me if you need anything.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:49 pm
sofi says...

Hello there!

I think everyone else pretty much covered all the rule-type stuff soo I'll just say hello and welcome :D

Hope you enjoy it here! It gets pretty addictive. I've not been on for weeks because my internet broke and has only just been fixed and I almost went crazy :D

See you around!

Sofi.
'Don't you just love these long rainy afternoons in New Orleans when an hour isn't just an hour but a little bit of Eternity dropped into your hands- and who knows what to do with it?'
T.W.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:28 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Topaz :D
Welcome to YWS - I hope you're enjoying it here ^^

I have to agree with the others; YWS is totally addicting, and I spend almost every day here :D
You'll meet lots of nice people, too ;)

How about you tell us more about yourself? What're your hobbies? Favorite movies and stuff? And what kind of stories do you write?

Welcome again ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:20 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

It seems the others have been practicing. I should too.

Am I scaring you? Sorry. 'Round here I'm known as Kite, Stori, or just plain Fire. I'm interested in building models, though I haven't had much material lately.

What about you? Do you have a non-writing hobby?
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:02 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a little reminder when you post your work: please rate it! Rated works show up on the front page of YWS, unless they are rated R. If they're not, you might get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Viper covered the questions.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:39 pm
topaz says...

Nice to meet you all! Ok I'll try to answer your questions without slipping into chatspeak ;)
Well, I'm a student who spends a lot of time thinking up stories but hardly ever writes them down...so I'm trying to be proactive by joining YWS :) Apart from reading I'm into music (mainly indie but also folk, soul, pop, classical...pretty eclectic), languages and generally trying out new things. I play the piano and guitar, and I sing in a jazz choir. I'd really love to travel and see more of the world, when I get the time. My favourite movies are Lord of the Rings, Stardust, Indiana Jones, Karate Kid, Big Fish...and too many Disney films to mention :)
Reading-wise...I really like inspirational books with themes of love, family, dreams...and life in general. Some of my favourites are The Alchemist, I Capture the Castle, Life of Pi and the 'Roll of Thunder' series. I've also always loved fantasy books; obviously Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, His Dark Materials (and anything by Philip Pullman). I recently discovered Twilight, which I loved. I'm also into classics like Jane Eyre (another favourite), Pride and Prejudice and lots of Dickens (especially A Tale of Two Cities). At the moment I'm reading The Count of Monte Cristo, which is taking a long time but it's worth it :)
Ok I think that's enough about me, how about yourselves? I'd love to know what other interests you guys have. See you around! :)

Topaz

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:18 am
Rosendorn says...

The Karate Kid is one of my favourites too. ^_^ I just love that movie, even though I haven't watched it in a long time. I have the plot kinda memorized.....

I like fantasy a lot. And some realistic and historical fiction. Although it's rare for me to write anything outside of fantasy.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:20 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi again Topaz! In music terms, I'm pretty much a rock person. Occasional pop, but mostly rock. I can play the piano as well, and a bit of violin and ocarina.
Movies... I like Indonesian movies, especially horror ones. They're just so cheesy that it hurts.
Reading, I like mostly speculative fiction (fantasy and sci-fi). I've recently found non-fiction books, especially about people who have had difficult lives attractive. In writing, I like pretty much anything except romance.

Yeah, that's me. Hope to see some of your stuff.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:37 pm
MySunshine says...

Wow, we seem to have lots of things in common!! :D:D

I also have trouble writing my thoughts down, either because I'm too lazy or because I don't know how to. Do you know the feeling that you have an awesome scene playing in your head, kind of like in the movies, yet you can't write it down because it doesn't really "capture" the atmosphere of that scene?
It's like that all the time -_- But yeah ^^

I love music and languages, too, although I have to admit I'm more for K-Pop and stuff like that than Punk, Techno and all that. My language knowledge is limited to two rather good languages, and two horrible ones xD

Well, I do love Twilight. I had an obsession phase the past few months, but I'm better now ^^
I guess I'll start with the OMG-Twilight's-so-awesome again when my calendar and the other fan-stuff arrives ...

That's about it. Feel free to ask more if you're curious ;)

Let me know when you post some of your works!
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

But there was no goat man, there was NEVER any goat man!
— OSP Red