z

Young Writers Society

Kedu

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:00 am
Dee says...

Kedu YWS, that means hello in igbo.
I'm Dee. Ghaks told me I should write on of these so seeing as he's a "Master of the Forum" I figured I should listen, and give him a handshake..."handshake" . I'm 16 and half Nigerian/ half Ghanaian. I live in Jersey and try to enjoy a lot of things. I had stopped writing for a long time but I started writing again recently. Then as if the planets aligned, I found this place! :D . So, I can't wait to get to know people, read some amazing works, hopefully write some good stories and get help whenever I can. :D

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

The three main rules of YWS:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. A review being about three to six lines long. That way, reviews get spread out a little more. The plus side is, people are way more willing to review your stuff if you've looked at theirs. ^_^ It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- Minimize chat-speak. Although, you seem to be doing fine with that. Some abbreviations like "lol" are okay, just don't overdo it.

3- Rated works are what we like to see! If you rate your work (and it's not rated R) then it will show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

"Master of the forum" is simply a post rank. I'm not sure exactly when you get it, but, I think it's around 1,000 posts.

Now, some questions:

Who are your favourite authors?
What are your favourite books?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:31 am
Princess says...

Hey!!! *tacklehugs* You seem so awesome! Welcome to yewis! (thats geek speak for YWS)

So, Rosey already covered all of the basics, but I think I should let you in on a special secret. Young Writers Society is a very special website. It is just like a little community, like a school, only 1000000 times better! Everybody is here for the same reason. To express ourselves in a creative way!

Personally, I loove poetry. I can't get enough of it. What about yourself? Do you just write, or do you like do draw, or take pictures?

I love the avatar that you selected! It is so mesmerising! *stares*

So it would be great if you could pm me and chat. I can tell you all you need to know about YWS.

Take care!

-Princess

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:10 am
muffy says...

yay welcome:D, I'm in the same boat when it comes to writing. I'm picking it u again too. Have you writen anything so far? Hope you have fun here, so far I really like it:D.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:16 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey Dee, and welcome to YWS!! :D
I'm glad you found this site ^^

So, what kind of stories do you write? What genre do you like to read?

Half-Nigerian and half-Ghanaian? That's awesome! I want to be half-something, too, but I'm just plain Korean :D
So is Kedu Nigerian or Ghanaian? ;)

Hope you enjoy it here!
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:33 pm
Dee says...

Ok, so firstly Thank You to everyone for the comments. I feel so, whats the word....., Welcomed! :D
Now, I have alot to reply too so please excuse the numbering (It makes things easier)

1. First as a general to everyone (as a suggestion from Rosey) My favorite author and book, to be honest, changes every week (sometime every day) At the moment my favorite other is John Greene and my favorite book is "The Sweet Far Thing" by Libba Bray. But that'll change pretty soon ;P

2. Secondly, thanks Princess, I enjoy my avatar as well :D. I can enjoy and appreciate poems, however i'm not very good at writing it :). If your looking for my other hobbies, I run track at school, I kind of act, I also like to just sit down and think, I like movies too. I love hanging out with friends and (in case you didn't guess) writing. Oh, and like a typical boy, i like video games too. Hehe, i'm a geek, what can I say?

3. To MySunshine, I love reading fantasy and sci-fi. However, i'm a sucker for teen romance (for guys or girls) and drama as well as just normal fiction. Non-Fiction is also not bad. I'm trying to get into classic novels as well. Also, don't feel bad because Korean is cool!!! Oh! , kedu is hello in igbo which is the Nigerian tribe I belong to

Ok thanks everybody, and I know i'll have fun here

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:00 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Welcome to YWS Dee! I am Winter.

*Jumps up and down* Yay! I love The Sweet Far Thing! That's a great trilogy.

So you are half Nigerian and half Ghanaian? I'm jealous. I'm just Italian, German and English. Boring. Haha! What's really amazing about this site is that it brings writers together from all different backgrounds and countries. It seems like we have people here from almost every country in the world! We have people from Finland, Germany, England, Ireland, Scotland, America, Switzerland, Australia, Canada, Japan, China, Indonesia and a lot more that I'm forgetting. :D

Anyway, welcome to the site! If you have any questions please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

I just write poetry to throw my mean callous heartless exterior into sharp relief. I’m going to throw you off the ship anyway.
— Vogon Captain (The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy)