z

Young Writers Society

If You haven't Figured it out... Hey I am new.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:20 am
queenb4ever says...

:D hi I am Makayla and hope you know why I am here. I want to be a writer. But i am kinda discouraged now, I thought i had a great idea to be a writer because i never knew anyone who wanted to be one so i thought it would b easy to get a job and become famous.(I have learned it's not.) So, Yo chat me up! Won't bite. Promise! hahaha.
Last edited by queenb4ever on Sun Feb 22, 2009 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yum=Chinese Food

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:25 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi Makayla! I'm Music. Nice to see you've joined the insanity, I mean awesomeness, that is YWS!

Hmm, looks like you've used quite a lot of chat speak in your message! They'll get onto you for that. Here we prefer correct spelling, punctuation, grammar, etc. No chat speak.

Anyway, I'll leave the rest of the explaining to the Greeters and Instructors. (They're the ones with purple or light blue names.)

PM me if you have any questions! Nice to meet you! I'd like to know what kind of writer you want to be... (Poet, novelist, lyricist, etc.)

Bye!

By the way- Don't be discouraged! If you try your best, I'm sure you'll succeed sometime. :)
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:53 am
Threnody says...

Hi! I'm Forever Threnody but call me Coralie or Thren, cause those are shorter.

Yes, we do appreciate if you limit your chat speak even in the chat room which you can find by scrolling down at Home. There is a little box that will be empty if the chat is closed and if it's open than it will have the list of people in it. Only Moderators over 18 years old can open it.

Also, remember to rate your work according to the amount of violence, swearing and adult content.

PG-13~
Excessive use of swearing
Mild-medium amount of violence

R~
Use of f-word
Adult content
Hard-core violence.

Also try to keep your review/post ratio to 2/1. If you review other people's work they will be more inclined to review yours. I am speaking from personal experience.

So, what do you write anyways? I enjoy writing poetry and a bit of fantasy. Not a lot of fantasy. They're bad trust me. Although I'm pretty confident about my Piper Legend series that is soon to be published on this site.

What music do you enjoy listening to? I've compiled a professional list of my favorite 15 songs. It's called Forever Threnody's Top 15 Song List if you're interested.

I'd like to know, overall more about you. PM me if you have questions.

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody

P.S. Emoticons are fine. (i.e. :p, B) )
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:53 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Just a little more on the coloured names:

Blue- Greeters. We answer your questions, tell you the rules and (sometimes) shower you with questions to get you going in the site. ^_^
Purple- Instructors. They go through your work with a fine-toothed comb and pretty much tear it up. You can ask them to be nice, and they will usually comply, but you will still get a lot of detail in your review.
Light green- Jr. mods. They help the mods out by going through some forums.
Green- Mods. They go through everywhere and make sure things are all running smoothly.
Red- Admins. They make sure everything is running nicely behind the scenes. Nate is our beloved founder, and Meshugenah is his assistant.
Orange- Distinguished Members. Retired mods that have left honorably.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:26 pm
Wiggy says...

Hey there, queen!

It's really awesome that you joined this website! Really, there's no better place to be than here for writing. We've got a great community, awesome reviewers, and a 100% guarantee that you'll improve in your writing skills. There are several different forums where you can post your work (click "writing", then "read and review" and you'll see the several different genres with descriptions under them). However, please keep the critique/posting ratio to 2/1 (2 reviews for every piece of work you post, preferably more :)). Also, as music_lover noted, we try to use correct punctuation and stuff around here. Gotta keep up with the literary image and all. :P

But, so hey, enough with the rules! How are you? Do you like it here so far? What type of writing do you do? Do you like to read? I'm a big historical fiction, romance, and mystery fan (I adore Agatha Christie), especially quality romance. :P (Not your pulp Harlequin or anything like that.) Literary fiction is kinda cool, too (Jodi Picoult, much?), but I really will read whatever is a good book and worth my time. I love to write whatever comes into my head--just not fantasy, normally--and I mostly write about depressing things, like war and such, which is weird, cause I'm a generally happy person! lol So, yeah, sorry I rambled forevs about myself, but it's lovely to meet you, and have a fantabulous day! PM me if you have any questions. :)

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:10 am
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Hi and welcome! Everything's been explained, so I guess I can ask the questions. What are your favorite books? Who are your favorite authors? What do you like to write? Which genre? What are your other hobbies? Interests in movies? What about music?

For me, I personally love speculative fiction (fantasy and sci-fi). I'm pretty much an all around reader, except when people try to recommend romantica to me. I smack them in the face for it. I love Cornelia Funke, and Kenneth Oppel, and Darren Shan. I like to write mostly Other Fiction, sometimes other types if I feel like it. My other hobbies are doodling, really. As for movies, I love Indonesian ones. They're so cheesy you have to love them. And as for music, I'm pretty much rock/pop all the way.

So, tell us more about yourself! I hope to see you around soon. Feel free to PM me for anything you need!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:16 am
muffy says...

Hey Queen:D Welcome! I'm new too and so far I really like it here. If you have any questions I'll help the best I can. This is a great place to experiment and grow on your writing skills so then you can get famous:D.lol So what do you want to write?

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:04 pm
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey Makayla! Yeah, I know most people think it's easy to get a book published and become famous. I too have learned that it's not as easy as writing a first draft and submitting, it's a lot of work! So, I hope you enjoy the site, it's really fun and you meet people who like the same thing as you which is...writing! You'll most likely improve your writing. When I posted my first story I got some criticism and some positive feedback which helped me improve.

One rule I always remind people about is the 2:1 ratio. So review two things and then post something of your own. I've learned that if I review a lot of other peoples work they will review mine like a "review for review" kind of thing. So have fun. If you have questions PM me.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

And then, as if written by the hand of a bad novelist, an incredible thing happened.
— Bartimaeus of Uruk