z

Young Writers Society

Dreams of Fantasy and Escape: Dreamwalker style

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:19 pm
Dreamwalker says...

I have been on this site for awhile now and I thought it was about time that I wrote one of these.

Right well, I'm The.Dreamwalker, the name coming from the title of my fourth novel. Alright so.. here it goes.

How I started Writing

I'm only saying this because it is the truth and I really dont like pity or sympathy towards myself so dont think I'm trying to get attention! And please, if you have a comment about it, keep it to yourself, I'm just a little sombre on the subject, but when I was young I was very segregated. People didn't like to be near me and I was fairly alone for a long time.

When you have a lot of time on your hands though, you scheme. Some scheme of terrible things, of how they may get revenge on the people who hurt them, or maybe strike back at the world for making them feel as such, but I never blamed the world. I blamed myself simply speaking. In that, I dreamed. Dreaming was becoming more of my passion then anything else, my mind sweeping through wonderful things I could do with my life and the longer I thought, the stranger my ideas became.

Soon they were very unworldly and impossible, but it was how I passed my time. I was never a good student and didn't have much patience for anything at all. I was just, there, dreaming. My dreams became very wide and strange, and I created someone, a me that was more wonderful then any I could possibly imagine. Her world became my world, and one day I turned to my sister and said 'I want to write'. After that, I never turned back I guess you could say.

That does sound fairly dramatic doesnt it? I have a tendency of doing that in my writing haste.

A Little About Myself

Of course, nowadays I do have quite a few friends and my life is pretty normal as it's always been. I dont think I'm highly spectacular at anything and I like to have things simple and nice. I draw somewhat, but I'm not really that good, and I do so more because I like to express my feelings and not so much hone my skills.

And writing is my passion.

Fantasy is my domain of course, where I can create so much in my head. I dont have limitations unlike the ones this world holds, and I can shape everything to my will. I love foreshadowing and I do way to much of it when I write.

And the greatest thing in the world to me, other then writing, is music and tea. I live off music, my itunes list always changing, and I love to write with a good cup of tea in hand. Chai tea is heavens nectar, and the best thing to drink when your sick is regular tea with honey!

And Finally

I like to believe I'm a dreamer. An opinionist by far but a dreamer seems like such a wonderful thing to be. To call yourself a dreamer, is like calling yourself a hoper if that was such a word. I like hope, even if it seems completely absurd in terrible events.

So if there is one thing you need to know about me is that I'm a dreamer. The.Dreamwalker!
Last edited by Dreamwalker on Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

200 Reviews

Reviews: 200
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:07 am
MidnightVampire says...

And the greatest thing in the world to me, other then writing, is music and tea. I live off music, my itunes list always changing, and I love to write with a good cup of tea in hand. Chai tea is heavens nectar, and the best thing to drink when your sick is regular tea with honey!

I drink tea too when I write. I know its sorta silly, but when I write I absolutly have to have tea. Otherwise my writing might as well have come from the nearest garbage. So, welcome to YWS (even though you've been here for a while, I might as well give you a belated welcome.)
I realized that I said I'd be gone for only two weeks...but I was gone for much longer.I hope to stay on this time. :)

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:10 am
Threnody says...

It's great knowing more about you Dreamwalker. I'd love to chat sometime!

Tell me what music you enjoy.

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge