wanted to talk,
ya know. D;

:P

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:27 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

Hello, Carly! Welcome to YWS!

Please remember to write 2 reviews before posting something of your own. In addition, please keep the ratio of reviews to works 2:1.

We hope you enjoy your time here!

*beep*

Sorry. I have to use that machine to get the rules out of the way. And now I speak normally.

So, what do you write? Poetry? Scripts? Songs? Fiction?

I'd be glad to critique something of yours when you post it. That is, assuming that it's not romance or teen fiction. If it is, I'm sorry.

Anyway...

Welcome to YWS!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

There are a couple more things to know about YWS:

The first is our other major rule: No chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay, like lol is fine, but don't overdo it.

Another thing that we like here is rated works. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments if it shows up there. :D Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:59 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Looks like everyone has covered all the general rules. Now, its your time to figure it out. :) If you ever need help with anything or are in need of an honest review, PM me. I also give YWS tours. :) Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question. SO tell us some more about yourself. What do you like to do in your spare time? We greeters on YWS are very curious about others. :) Well, good luck with your writing, and see ya round the forums.
Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:10 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Carly! Welcome to the insanity that is YWS.

So, the rules are done, and all the questions are asked. I guess I can do the colors. You might notice that some of us have differently colored names. For example, everyone above has a blue name. Blue names makes us Greeters, and our job is to [s]take over the world[/s] greet. We're supposed to make you feel welcome, and to answer any questions you have about the forums.

Next, we have the purple people. They're Instructors, and their purpose is to help you even more- with your writing. They're the ones you go to if you need a really in depth critique.

You can apply to be a Greeter or Instructor, but you have to be over a month and you need to already do what they do. For example, UserA wants to be a Greeter. UserA should already be greeting a lot of people, and be over a month old if UserA wants to apply. If UserB wants to be an Instructor, UserB already has to be reviewing well, and over a month old.

Now, we have the positions that you can't apply for.

Light Green and Dark Green people are Junior Moderators and Moderators, respectively. With any other issues about the site, you can go ask them for help.

Red people are the Administrators. They keep the site up and running.

Orange people are Distinguished Members. They're retired Mods and Admins, if I'm right.

So, that's it for the colors. I'm sure other people will come by soon. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions, if you need a review, or if you jsut want to chat. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:33 pm
Wiggy says...

Heya!

You used supp, so you're awesome. :P I'm Wiggy, by the way, and it's awesome to meet you! *tacklehugs* Seems like everyone else got the rules out of the way, so I'll add a dash of enthusiasm! *runs around room* I really hope you like it here! I LOVE it. There's so much to offer! Friends and critiques and improvement and all that yummy stuff. :) You're going to fit right in here. :)

So, what type of stuff do you like to write? I like romance and intense things, normally a combo of the two. I can't really explain it. lol Sort of a la Toni Morrison and Margaret Mitchell. :)

Have a great day! And pm me if you have any questions. :)

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:59 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey Carly! Nice to meet you and welcome to YWS. I'm Shina and I have good news for your, this is an amazing site ;) No lies. You just have to get the hang of it and learn how to use it.

I know that everyone has already covered the 2:1 ratio and no chat speak lingo rules, so that's why I'm here to give you the other necessary tips to make this site benefit you to the fullest.

1. Don't take all reviews to heart. Everyone has a right to their opinion, so don't be offended if someone doesn't like your work or gives it a thumbs down. This site is all about improving your writing as well as opening your mind to broaden your horizons. So keep your mind open. A lot of the instructors, mods, and greeters here know what they're talking about from experience. Some of them sound harsh, but hey, they're being honest.

2. When someone signs your guestbooks, you sign theirs back. It's common etiquette here.

3. If you want to make friends, you have to be one. Treat people with respect here. Most of the time their open to new friends if you're a nice person. Some of them seem hard on the outside and are tough nuts to crack, but if you get to know them better you'll find they're actually pretty cool ;)

Those are my top 3 pointers for you at the moment. If you need a buddy or if you need help with anything, PM me or IM me or anything. Happy to help and even happier to be asked.

~Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Feb 22, 2009 9:29 pm
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Carly! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

Everything has already been covered! Well, I'll just ask you more questions then...

-If you were stranded on a desert island and could only bring three books, which would they be?
-If you were stranded on the same desert island and could only eat jam, peanut butter, mustard or ketchup, which two would you choose?
-If you could play an instrument (besides any instrument that you might already play) what would it be?

Well, those are my slightly unconventional questions. If you have any questions PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results.
— Willie Nelson