z

Young Writers Society

Hi. Name's Mike. Glad to be here. Please don't eat me.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:49 am
View Likes
MySunshine says...

Hey Mike, and welcome to YWS :D

I'm sorry to hear that someone plagiarized your work, but still happy you found your way here ;)
It's awesome and addicting *gets crazed look in her eyes*

Wow, you got published? Awesome! Want to tell me more about it? :D

Anyways ... tell us more about you! What genre(s) do you write? What are some of your favorite movies and such?

Have tons of fun here :D
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:13 am
Nutty says...

Hey Mike!

Welcome to YWS.

You're published? Woah. I'm jealous.

I have to apologize for the plagiarism thing. I've been here two years now (or close enough) and it's the first time I've known it to happen. As you can tell from the above posts, it shocked the whole site to here one of our own did such a thing.

Anyhoo, you've got the rules and the colour-guide. As you can see, I'm an instructor, and here is my Review request thread: topic37478.html
I'll be happy to read your work, just post in there or send me a PM. Both ways are good. ^_^

I'll give you a quick rundown on the different forums, but you don't seem to need the full tour. So I'll just mention some of the more obscure features:

Storybooks: Find these in the literary forums. This is where I developed a lot of my writing innovation skills. The basic idea is one person starts a story, with rules and guidelines, and lets other members post sections and continue it. A lot of these are RPG style.

Usergroups: Clubs in all shapes and sizes. Most you can just join, but there are a few exclusive ones, such as the instructors, greeters, and mod forums, but you won't have to worry about them unless you get a colored name. Most of the rest, which cover everything from debating to fanclubs to randomness you can subscribe to pretty much instantly.

Will review for food: The link above is an example of a thread in this forum. It can be found as a subforum under "The lounge" in the community forums. Basically if you want a story to get critiques guaranteed, or maybe from a certain member, you post a link to the story in the member's Will review for food thread. Most are free, but check the specs on the first post to make sure.

Most of the other forums are self-explanatory, especially as this isn't your first writing forum.

Anyway, you seem like a great new member. ^_^ If you have any questions, or just want to chat, send me a PM.

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:40 am
mikepyro says...

well. I write in alot of genres.
horror, comedy (dry, black, retarded), drama, noir, action, suspense.
don't really limit myself to any field, it's nice, ya know?

I have around 40 short stories (26 of which I've put into a collection)
I published on ABCtales magazine, a magazine run by the largest writing site in the UK.
Published in my local paper as well as a horror magazine called The Open Vein.
won story of the week 3 times on ABCtales.com (out of 80,000 members, only three have managed that.) so yeah...I'm pretty amazing.

but seriously, thank you all for your kind greetings

as for movies, god I love them, so I really can't choose a favorite.
My favorite novel is probably The Road by Cormac McCarthy (soon to be released as a major motion film starring Viggo Mortensen, Guy Pearce, Robert Duvall, Charlize Theron) I'm pretty excited about that.

film I'm looking forward to most right now is Watchmen. read the graphic novel, one of the greatest works of literature I've ever had the pleasure to experience.

recently played shroeder in the school muscial You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.

fav films this year:

Milk, The Wrestler, WALL-E, Slumdog Millionaire, Gran Torino, Dark Knight, Iron Man, Kung Fu Panda, In Bruges.

I'm 18 and am pressing on through college acceptance letters
(which are rolling in cuz as I said before, I am amazing)

there you go. some little known facts that now you know.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:05 pm
Meep(: says...

*tries to strangle the newbie an his gargantuan ego*

Favourite movie? That's easy for me. Tansformers is at the top.
Followed by a thousand or so movies in second place...

Whoo! Transformers! Bring on the action! :D

*uses pin to deflate mike's ego*
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:36 pm
Demeter says...

Hey, Mike!

Welcome to YWS! Congrats on being published, sorry for being stolen from. :( But luckily you're here now, we will brighten your day! :D

I'm so jealous of you, since you've been starring in a school musical! That's something I've always wanted to do. I love musicals :)

Ah, yes, WALL*E is awesome. I went to watch it with my friends, and we all loved it. I'm so glad it won an Oscar! I would also like to see Slumdog Millionaire, but it hasn't come in theatres yet in here.

Seeing as everyone has already covered explaining the rules and all that technical stuff, there's not much for me to do. Except greeting you!

*greetsgreetsgreetsgreetsgreetsgreetsgreets*

Enjoy thoroughly your time here, and PM me on anything anytime!

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:44 pm
muffy says...

Miiike welcome, i look forward to see some of this awsomeness you speak of.lol You must be all that to be published, who published you? And how did it happen?

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:30 pm
mikepyro says...

tony cook, editor of abctales awarded me the short story weeks and the abctales magazine publication.
prosper press published one of my poems, the editor. Don't know his name though.

nice to meet ya muffy.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:18 am
lysp23 says...

Hola peoples. How's it goin'?

The thing about plummeting downhill at fifty miles an hour on a snack platter - if you realize it's a bad idea when you're halfway down, it's too late.
— Rick Riordan, The Son of Neptune