z

Young Writers Society

Just joining =D

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:18 pm
sephalump says...

Ummm hi anyone reading this, my brother used to use this site a while back and said it'd be good for me. I'm honestly not very good at writing at all but may as well put mine up for some opinions. Things I like are music(my life! <3), night mare before christmas(no not for the fad, its honestly a great movie with a lot of deep concepts), skellanimals because they're adorable, and hardstyle dancing if anyone knows what that is? If anyone wants to talk more comment here or message me? Hope everyone has a great day :)

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:35 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS!
You found a fanatic....
Anyway, welcome to YWS!
Music... hum. What kind of music do you like?

Let's give you some rules, shall we?
Well, here there is a 2:1 policy. It means that for every work you post you should do two reviews one somebody else work.
Avoid using chatspeak and keep capitalizing at the minimal.

Do you have a favorite author or book?
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:46 pm
Meep(: says...

Hey Seph (can I call ya that? :D)!
Welcome to the silly, out-of-this-world YWS family!
Where the awesome people roam!
I'm Meep, a Greeter/Bluey,
And yes, as the title implies, we're supposed to smother newbies like you with hugs and kisses.
...I'm kidding.

Since Kat has been so nice as to explain the rules to you,
I shall uhh... improvise!
*comes up with an impromptu speech*
*clears throat*
*flings confetti*
Welcome newbie! Prepare to experience the worst time of your life! Mwahahahaha!

...Oops. Sorry. That was my evil villain speech.

Anyhoodledoodle, tell us more about yourself!
Besides The Night Before Christmas, and Music (Get another life! This is my life! :D)
Any favourite author/book/song/band/etc...?

~Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or stuff.
I accept nonsensical babble :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:47 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey sephalump! It's great to see another new face here in our ever expanding [s]nut house[/s] family! Because, humans all came from the same single-cell creatures, didn't we? Anyways, enough of that stuff. Nice name, by the way.

Well, writewatiwant has already covered the rules, so I guess I'm doing the colors! As you may haev noticed, there are some users with differently colored names. For example, we have my blue name. That means that I am a Greeter, and my job is to welcome new members like you to YWS. That also means answering any questions you have, so fire away!

Next we have the purple named people. That means that they are Instructors, who go above and beyond in helping you to improve your writing. Should you need an in-depth critique, you can go ahead and ask them. Alternatively, you could go to the 'Will Review for Food' forums under the Lounge to ask for a review.

Then, we have the light green and dark green. The light green people are Junior Moderators while the dark green people are regular Moderators. You can go to them for any more technical questions.

Then, we have the red and orange. Red people are the site administrators, Nate and Mesh for example. Orange people are distinguished members of the site, which are retired mods and admins.

So, there you go. And don't think I forgot the grey (still looks like black to me) members. Those are regular members, like you.

Yep. That's our rainbow here. Well, you say you enjoy music. What particular types do you like? I enjoy j-pop and rock. And, what other activities do you enjoy? What do you plan on writing while you're here? Anyway, hope to see you around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:11 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey and Welcome.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:36 pm
Reuben A says...

Elooooooooooooooo.....ooooooooo...oo

Every one has said everything. that's just sad. :( . pm ME for anything. And ignore Meep's evil villan speech. She's an evil villan. :)

*glares at Meep*

Great site this is.

Bye
~LUBEN

Wait a sec! Has anyone given you link?
*eyes top of page*
Nooo! Typical. Amateurs. lol

Rules & Guidelines: rules.php
Bye.
~LUBEN
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:17 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

One thing that has been forgotten is a wee little reminder to rate your work. Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS for all to see! You just might even get more comments. :wink:

Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes. If you work does have the f-word, then it must be rated R. It's in the rules.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:23 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hi I am SCL or my full username is SimonCowellLuver :D
I love Simon Cowell! He is like my idol. I also love Gordon Ramsay. I guess you can say I love all the men that yell at people.
I am in sad poetry and songs. I also write all fiction stories. Make sure you check out the rules for posting new topis in the forums.

Don't forget to have fun with it! That is really important when you are writing!

If you have questions/concerns feel free to contact me!

Thanks

SimonCowellLuver :)
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:29 pm
fire_of_dawn says...

Hey, I'm part of the site too!

Sorry. I haven't been here in weeks, kids. 'Round here, I'm called 'Kite,' so disregard the others.
Or just "fire" will do.

So. As you see, my fellow members have a zest for life.
"Do? I'll tell you what we'll do! We'll be ready!"
Matthias, from Redwall

"Life consists of doing the impossible."
Brother Fir, The Heir of Mistmantle

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:10 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello Sephalump! Welcome to YWS! I am Winter.

Hmmm... that's quite an interesting name. Sephalump. Haha! It makes me laugh. :D

So, what are some of your interests? Sports? Music? Reading? I hope you like reading. Readers make better writers.

Well, if you do happen to enjoy reading, what are some of your favourite books/authors/genres? What genres do you like to write in? I like historical fiction best.

Anyway, if you have any questions or would like a review please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:40 am
Meep(: says...

Reuben A wrote: And ignore Meep's evil villan speech. She's an evil villan.

*scoffs* You just figured that out?
And its spelt, villain, you goody-two-shoes.

*stalks off to plan her world domination conquest*

:D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a treee called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings