z

Young Writers Society

Hello :]

Reviews: 3
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:34 pm
balletbabe12 says...

Hey guys,
I'm new here obviously and I just wanted to introduce myself and say how awesome this site is. I think it's so cool, but a bit confusing so if you have any tips or anything please don't hesitate to tell me! That would be great and I look forward to hopefully talking to some of you!

About me:
I like to read-favorites are To Kill a Mockingbird, Harry Potter, Twilight, The Outsiders- there are more but that list would be very long!
My favorite shows are That 70's Show and Boy Meets World (even if it isn't played anymore).
I like to laugh...a lot and I like to be with my family and friends.
I can be kinda crazy once you get to knwo me, but unbelievably shy when I first meet someone.

so that's me in a nutshell... but get to know me a little better if you want!

-balletbabe12
Last edited by balletbabe12 on Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:43 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Oh my goodness! Is this the famous balletbabe? Well, it's an honor. :D

Welcome, welcome, welcome, my good friend. It didn't take much arm twisting to get you here!

Now, down to business. . . here at YWS, we have a few essential rules. Follow them, or the world will explode! That means no more hamburgers, no more naps, no more chocolate, no more homework. . . you know, never mind. NO homework would be pretty nice, eh? :wink:

First off, our 2:1 ratio. This means that, for every poem, story, lyrics, or piece you post, you have to post two critiques for other people’s works. If you follow this rule, it really helps everyone here at YWS get a review. I see that you've already done that. HOray! Rule followers are amazing, I say.

Also, try to minimize the use of chatspeak. It can be oh so hard to understand.

For example avoid the following: LOL ttyl bffl omg rofl tgif, etc. Eventually, no one knows what you're trying to say! Keep it straight forward and you'll be just fine.

Anywho, how are you? What genres do you like? Are you working on any specific stories right now? What is your favorite color? Chocolate or vanilla? Coke or Pepsi? How many questions can I ask before my fingers freeze up from typing so fast?

Let me know! I'd love to know more about you and I'm always willing to help a fellow writer in need. (That's kind of my moto. :) )

-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:45 pm
MySunshine says...

Hey balletbabe12!
Welcome to YWS! :D:D Are you enjoying your time here? I hope so ^^

Well, what I can recommend is to read the rules of this site - that helped me alot when I joined this site a week ago.

I can see that you already reviewed twice, so you can post some of your work now, if you want to.

How about you tell us more about yourself?
What kind of fiction do you write? When did you start?
What are your favorite movies? Books?
Things like that ^^

Feel free to ask me for help. Also, there are tons of awesome and nice people here that are willing to help you, too.

Enjoy your time ;)
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:22 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, just to clear things up a little, in the "no chat-speak" rule, stuff like lol, brb and other phrase abbreviations are fine. Just use proper grammar, spelling and caps in your posts and it's all good. ^_^

Also, when you do post your work, please take the extra few seconds to rate it! Rated works (unless rated R) show up on the front page of YWS for all to see! You might even get more comments out of it. :wink: Rate rated works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

Well, that's me two bits.

If you have any questions about YWS, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hi and Welcome.

You didn't tell us much about yourself. Tell us more about you.

Pm me if you need anything.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:45 am
Adnamarine says...

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!

To Kill a Mockingbird is certainly a quality classic. Haven't read it in a while. I should read it again.

The other guys have covered the rules and such, but you said you were confused, so I'll do my best to offer some other helpful advice. First off, there is a FAQ for new users in the Welcome forum which is very helpful.

Now to give you a brief tour. First of all there are the literary forums, the most important part. :) You can find all the sections under the "Writing" tab at the top of the page.

We have some amazing usergroups for most things you can imagine; and if there's something you don't see there and would like there to be a group for, go ahead and start one of your own!
By the way, if you like poetry, there's an awesome new group called Poetry Inspiration. Check it out if you're interested.

There's our contest section, in the community forum (pretty self-explanatory). We have a Writing Tips section (post your own fantastic advice!), the Information Desk where our wonderful admin Nate who does so much for us keeps us updated on the new changes he's making, and other news. The Lounge is for general chatting and silliness.

We have user blogs so you can read about how fascinating lives. ;) Go ahead and make one of your own if you want.

There's a few of the basic, big sections. I'm sure you'll know your way around here perfectly in no time. But if you have any questions, don't hesitate to PM me!

Welcome aboard. :)
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:46 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

I also love the story "To Kill a Mockingbird" Sorry Hi I am SimonCowellLuver (SCL) for short I am also called. Since my username is sooo long. lmao. One Important point for your writing. Have Fun!!!! I love that rule it makes me enjoy my writing.

So If you have any questions about the site feel free to ask me. Anytime.

See you around. Remember Have fun!

SimonCowellLuver :D
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

Reviews: 2
Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:11 am
JMSmith says...

Hello!
I'm also pretty new here so, know that you are not alone in your struggle. ;)
I am a fellow Twilight/Harry Potter fan so you and I will probabaly get along quite nicely.
I have found that looking around in the Help & Support area really gave me an understanding on what eveything is about (duh?!)
Haha. If your ever in need of someone to chat with, just give me a message. :D

Thou call'dst me a dog before thou hadst cause. But, since I am a dog, beware my fangs.
— Shylock, The Merchant of Venice