z

Young Writers Society

Do you dare to find out just who I am?

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:46 pm
Flux says...

So, yah, I'm La Reina. I am not spanish, actually. Farthest from. I know it says I live on the Floating Sausage, but really, I live in Canada.

I tell you a bit about myself now:

I am thirteen years old.
Seriously wanna be published.
My favourite books of all times are as follows: City of Ashes, City of Bones (Clarissa Clare), Ink series (Cornelia Funke. I am in the midst of reading Inkdeath), Airborn (Kenneth Oppel).

All these authors are a big inspiration to my writing.

My signature uses the quotes that are found in Inkdeath. I love alot of them, hence why I'm using them.

I write fantasy (the good classic stuff, in my opinion with fairies and goblins, etc,.) I am jealous of people who can write poetry, because I cannot. I love going into the storybooks forum. I love watching animes, never read mangas, however. I especially like Ouran High (XD) and Shippuuden.

So that is an insight to La Reina, whose name is very conceited.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:51 pm
Rosendorn says...

Your avatar is, like, the perfect thing for a Greeter. We really are all a bit mad here. :lol:

Yay! Another Canadian! The next YWS Olympics we should have our own team!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:06 am
WaterVyper says...

Yay! I have City of Ashes, but I haven't started reading it yet. I still need to do school reading. Well, you like Shippuden too? Whee! Love the ink series, as well as Funke's other novels. Not the little kid series though. It's strange.

Wow, you live in Canada? I've visited once, for debate camp. It is so, so cold there. I don't know how you stand it. *shivers* I like cold, but not Canada cold. Maybe something like Puncak cold.

Ooh, just noticed your sig. I've read Sabriel too! Awesome book, but I'm looking for Nix's Keys to the Kingdom series. Still searching for Drowned Wednesday! Well, see ya soon, LaReina!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

106 Reviews

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:44 pm
Flux says...

XD YWS olympics! Yay Team Canada! We'll pone if its winter! (just kidding).

You must read City of Ashes! That book rocks so much! Us Canadians have adapted to the cold. We're used to it. But summers can get quite humid at times, wouldn't you agree Rosey? And yes, Cornelia Funke is awesome. Her little kid's series, however, I must agree. I haven't read it, but it sure looks weird...

LaReina!

PS,

Thanks for your comments about my pic/ sigunature. I saw the picture, knew the anime, and saved the avatar. I thought it was perfect too. I haven't actually read Sabriel. I'm just a poser. I found the quote in the Inkdeath book and loved it. So I put it in my signature.

-- Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

Oh yeah. Hot and humid. I live in a valley too, so it tends to just stay. >.<

As for being used to the cold, I just hybernate. I'll live outside in the summer, but winter? Not unless I have a snow fort to build!

I have not read City of Ashes actually. I don't know if I will. Despite the amount of romance I like in my fantasy, I usually avoid things with "sexy" in their description. Plus, I have seven books to read before I buy any new ones.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:57 pm
Incognito says...

LaReina, dp I actually indeed have to be here. You just stated all the things I knew about you!

AHA! Also if you want to read Sabriel, I will let you borrow it because I absolutely love that series, though when I finished it, I really felt like reading more of it but there was no more. How horrific. Sometimes, I feel stories should never end... but then the writer would have to keep writing it and then what will happen! There will only be half as many books as there are in this world!

I laugh because most of the books you read, I have recommended. But LaReina you also forgot to talk about your awesome drawing skills and made high jump skills.

You know... I really should stop stalking you...
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

106 Reviews

Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:49 pm
Flux says...

You're right about that Incognito. And yes, you have recomended numerous books to me. Why, you brought in a sixteen-book pile the one day.

So, anyways, yes, Incogntio is right. i haven't mentioned it all. I cannot draw, but alas, I love track and field. Maybe I'm not so great at high jump, but meh, I still like doign it.

LaReina!

-- Oscar Wilde

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:53 pm
Incognito says...

LaReina! You are being modest!
LaReina is extremely good at High Jump and Drawing. Especially drawing.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

106 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:57 pm
Flux says...

No. I suck at drawing. I am good at music though. I am an expert floutist. If you do not know, that means I play the flute.

As for high jump, yeah I'm okay. I haven't been able to get past a metre twenty though for two years. Maybe I got to a metre twenty-five last year.

Rosey! You need to read City of Bones/ Ashes. Yes, yes, it says "sexy" in the description. That's only because of the one character, Jace. He is said to be very good looking. They have the most epic characters in there.

And Water Vyper, grats on becoming a greeter! That's new, right? I don't remember seeing you as one before!

LaReina!

-- Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:14 pm
Rosendorn says...

Maybe you should post your drawings and get a few more opinions.....

Did you catch the second half of that comment? I have seven books to read! One has been waiting three years to be read. The last book I read was in November, and it had been the first in, no, wait, I had read a book the month before (in October) but other then that it had been the first book in two years.

Yes, I barely read for fun. If I'm reading, I'm usually critiquing.

Heh, know what I just noticed? This entire thread has nothing but Greeters. Scroll down the list of people who have posted and it is a sea of blue.

Now, let's see if somebody who's not a greeter posts just to break that. :P

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:33 pm
WaterVyper says...

Wow, never noticed that Rosey. I think I have about twenty books on my list, including the ones that my teacher wants me to read. And yeah, this is pretty new. I've checked out the Greeter group (love the alliteration), and I've seen the Purps vs. Blues. I wanna see another one like that. Has anyone seen that?
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1272 Reviews

Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Kitty and Jabs are the ones to talk to if you want a new purps v.s Blue thing (yes, I'm biased. Go Blue!). They said it would be sometime after the new YWS was up.

As for seeing the actual war, I became a Greeter right after. Basically what happens in the two groups change jobs. Purps greet the new members (you should have seen the length of those greets! They were a page long each) and the blues critique. All that matters is how many get done.

And guess what, blues won the last time! ^_^ Some purps said it was because a mod was helping us out, but I think we still won.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:36 am
MeadowLark says...

Canadains rule! Okay, I agree the winters are downright nasty and the summers are way to hot and humid for me. Fall is just perfect. Not to cold, not to hot. Least wise, where I live.

And I must agree, the Inkheart Trilogy and Cassandra Clare's books are excellent. They really helped me write, especially Cornelia Funke's books.

And I think I just broke your blue streak. Oops...I'll just slip away quietly.
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

106 Reviews

Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:12 pm
Flux says...

Yay! The blue streak has been broken! Hurrah! Yes, summer can get too hot. i usually lock myself away during the days and come out during the evening. Its nice and cooler then, and I can just hang out. I'm lucky, though. Living on a farm, I have a nice big pond to sit by and read. So its nice dipping my toes in the water!

I've never heard of the purples vs blues. Guess I'm just clueless that way. I post way too much, and need to review more. But I love reading for fun. Well, at least Rosey reviews! Thats good! XD

Sorry this is a little disjointed. I'm surprised how many people have replied! Its insanity! And as for posting a picture on here? Nuh-uh. I don't think I draw that good. Besides, the only thing I can draw relatively good is horses. And I haven't drawn in a while!

LaReina!

-- Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:22 am
Rosendorn says...

Summer is when I live outside. All day, everyday (almost). I grab my laptop and a bunch of other random stuff and get writing outside. If I'm not found writing outside, I'm either at the park or, well, writing inside. lol. Summer is when I write all the time.

You have a pond by your house? I love the water! If I weren't alergic to chlorine I would be in the pool every single day.

xD I do review a lot. Heh. I have a little too much time to spend on here so I just post. It gets to the point reviews are all I have left to do. ^_^

Ahhh. I see. The thing about drawing is, it tends to become memory after awhile. But, your choice.

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn