z

Young Writers Society

New Person in the Midst

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:55 pm
View Likes
EpicHumiliation says...

Ello everyone. I'm EpicHumiliation. I'm new here, obviously. I've just been trying to find a site that is cool and whatnot for literary works and such that are original, of course. Hmm... I haven't posted anything yet, I have to do some reviews before I post! =)
Well, I sound pretty boring with introductions, just something that I stink at I guess. I hope to get to know some new people and make some new online friends. :D

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:02 am
Snoink says...

Hello!

*epically humiliates*

Nah, just kidding. ;) Welcome to the site! You'll probably have wayyyyy too many friends from YWS by the time the week is out, seriously, but oh well! Anyway, I'm a moderator, which means I help run the site, so if you need any help whatsoever, just bug me or any other guy in green and we'll do our best to help you. :)

So! What do you write? And, since you're interested in reviewing (yay!) what do you read? :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:06 am
Flux says...

Hey! I'm LaReina, a greeter here at YWS. (Hence the blue name.) Welcome to the wacky "family". You'll fit right in. We were all looking for something cool to post literary works, and one day stumbled upon the vast site called "young writers society." It was here that we all begin our journey....

Anyways, before I go on, let me tell you that there are two strict rules you must follow:

Number one: The 2:1 YWS ratio. Yes, you cannot escape math here. You must always always always review two works of someone else's before posting one of your own.

Number two: Minimize chat-speak. Yes, you still may use "lol" upon occasion, but say "you" instead of "u" and "the" instead of "da." We try to pride ourselves on using good grammar like every writer does.
- - -

So what intrests you? Any favourite hobbies, shows, books, authors? There are a variety of different things to do on YWS, including joining groups, reviewing other's works (obviously) or writing storybooks with other people!

But whatever you decide to do, someone on YWS will have something in common with you.

LaReina!

PS: If you need any help post in the "Sticky" part of this forum.
Check out rules for a more detailed list of rules.
PM me-- or anyone, for that fact-- if you have any questions or need a buddy.
And your name rocks.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:25 am
PhoenixBishop says...

Hey I'm Amon 360 you'll find there is a lot to do here, and for the first couple of days you might be overwhelmed. Tell me what you're really interested in my pm9which is a private message and I'll point you in the right direction.
This is one little planet in one tiny solar system in a galaxy that’s barely out of its diapers. I’m old, Dean. Very old. So I invite you to contemplate how insignificant I find you.

Death~

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:36 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey, I'm Vyper or whatever you want to call me. I see you've read the rules, so there shouldn't be a problem with that anymore. I guess I'll elaborate on the colors that LaReina mentioned earlier.

Blue: As she said, it is for Greeters. Their job is to help you feel welcome, and to answer some basic questions about the site.

Purple: Instructors. They're the ones who go 'above and beyond to help you improve your writing'. At least, that's how I think it goes. Well, you can ask them for any in-depth critiques. I think most of them have a thread up and running in the 'Will Review for Food' section, under the Lounge. You can check there if you need a review.

Light Green: Junior Moderators. Any, more complex, questions can go to them.

Green: Moderators, like Snoink.

Red: Administrators. They keep the site up and running.

Orange: Distinguished members of the site.

Hm, if you're interested in reviewing, you could apply to be an Instructor. There's a form for applying, and there's a forum that states the basic abilities you need. Everyone's already asked questions, so I guess there's no point in repeating them. Feel free to PM me for anything that you need. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:43 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

So what are you favorites authors/books/movies?

and what genre do you write?

Pm me if you need anything.

see ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:35 am
LilyJamey says...

Ello, EH! Me naam is Lily. Welcome to the site!

So, what do you write? I review anything that's prose, so if you need any fiction critiqued, call on me! I'm especially nitpicky, and grammar is my specialty. I do hope you write Romance or anything categorised under Other Fiction - I usually visit those forums first!

A way of getting to know new people is by joining a Group! Just click the button on the header and search for something you're obsessed about. You'd be surprised how many people are like you.

Hope to see you round the site!

Cheers,
Lily.
Got YWS?

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:35 am
Hannah says...

Haha, hello! Must say I love the username! ^_^ -thumbs up- I'm Hannah, and I'm rellllllatively new around here as well. ^_^

Anyways, in addition to the things everyone else has stated, I've got some words of wisdom to share that I learned about first hand! First of all, even if you've garnered a lot of points under your name {you get points by posting in places where points are given for posting, though that's sort of obvious, but the most you can get per post is 50 points!}, don't go posting a million works of yours at once. :C It's kind of rude to flood the forum PLUS people might think you don't really want reviews, but just to show off your work! One or two pieces a day is acceptable.

Secondly, be sure to rate your pieces! Rate them R if they have, for example, the F-word or really graphic material. That way, they won't show up on the front page and terrify people. ;C If you rate them anything under R, though, they'll show up on the front page and people will hop on in to review them, surely! ^_^ And isn't that what we're all here for?

Anyways, welcome to YWS! ^_^ I hope you have a fantastic time~~

-Hannah-

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:27 am
ballerina13 says...

Greetings! What are you favorite books. What genre do you write in? Who do you admire as a writer. Everyone is very nice and willing to help at YWS. If you have any questions feel free to PM. I am happy to help.

~Ballerina13

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:33 pm
Rosendorn says...

Alright, so I am Beyond late here, but hiya and welcome!

I just love your avatar! The blockbuster gunny pig is priceless!

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:29 am
MeadowLark says...

Wow, totally late lol. Well, welcome to YWS! I'm MeadowLark and like awesome name. And your avatar, sweet. what's your favourite genre to write in anyways? Well, hope to see your work on here. Later.

~Meadow~
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye