z

Young Writers Society

hey ^^

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:26 pm
MySunshine says...

Hello, everyone~
I just registered here and thought I should introduce myself.

I (or rather my parents) am originally from Korea, but I live in Germany.
I'm in 12th grade and still have one more year to go, because there's 13 years of school here.

I love reading and writing, although I have to admit I've never really finished a story yet, because I keep getting in new ideas and starting new stories ...

Well, that's about it. I don't really know what else to say :)
Hope to get to know all of you ;)
MySunshine

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:38 pm
Mars says...

Hi MySunshine! You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...couldn't resist. xD Is your name from that song?

So, if you haven't already, it's a good idea to check out the Rules (found under Help & Support in the top right corner). The most important ones are 1. Review two works for every piece of your own that you post (to spread the love, and keep things fair) and 2. No chatspeak! Things like LOL and LMAO are okay, but no replacing 'you' with 'u' or whatever. We are writers, after all. :)

Anyway! I know what you mean about never finishing a story! I've found it's helpful to keep a jotter (I don't know if they're in Germany, they're abundant in the UK-like a small notebook) for ideas, and then you can write them down so you don't forget them, but then keep working on your current project. It's useful. And jotters are really cheap, so it's okay if you have, like, a gazillion.

What kind of things do you read? And write? Hobbies? Favorite superhero?
Yeah. Welcome to YWS! PM me if you need anything.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 pm
Selin says...

Hello, MySunshine!

A very cool name:) So, you know the rules, let's meet then!

I am one of the new users too, so I'm not sure I can help you about the website but as everyone here, I love writing so much too, so you can pm me anytime you need:)

And the same problem here!-I don't exactly know if this is a problem but-oh, it's really hard to continue a story after a while so the best is to end it when you start I think:) Just in one step.

So what type do you write or read, are you interested in languages or history?

Nice to meet you,
Selin

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:04 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Darn! Mars beat me to the rules.

I do have a little thing about posting your work though: please rate it. If you do, then it'll show up on the front page for all to see! The only ones that don't are those rated R. Those works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

YWS is the place to come if you want people to bug you to finish! Post one good chapter and people will be begging for more. Literally.

I agree with Mars' idea about keeping a note book. I have about nineteen outlines for future projects scatered in various places while I keep working on one story. I have no real choice in finishing it, actually. My MC will make me loose sleep if I don't!

Same questions as Mars.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:10 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

Welcome to YWS.

So what are your favorites books/authors/music/movies?

so what genre do you write?

Pm me if you need anything, including pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:07 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Hey MySunshine!

Welcome to YWS. :] I think you'll soon realise that practically everyone here is willing to spread the "sunshine". People are very kind and are willing to review any piece of writing that you are willing to post. It's basically a family of aspriring writers!

It's amazing how much you'll grow as a writer. I know I have in just a short time. It's exciting to hear advice from some one other than people you know. It's feels much more convincing getting a positive review from a peer than from a friend/family member.

If you ever have any questions or have a special piece you'd like me to review, just PM me! I'd love to help.
-dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:57 pm
deleted_5 says...

Darn! Everybody's beaten me on the rules and stuff. Hi MySunshine. I guess you could say I'm the squirt talking to you. :P But I thought I'd say hi.

Some things that are fun to do around here are blogs. I LOVE to look at blogs!! So I hope you make one!

I guess you could say that YWS is like one big family. We help each other with stories and give good advise to help everyone be the writer they want to be!

I ask this to everyone, what are some of your favourite things? Like music, books, all that jazz. I get so curious. Also, wanna be friends?

I know you'll enjoy YWS and I can't wait to see what you write up!
Let me know when you post something.

Like everyone else says, feel free to PM me if you have any questions or if you want an inside edit! Once again welcome!

Lucy Pennykettle
I hate television. I hate it as much as I hate peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts. I also hate being on television, I hate it as much as people hate chocolate. But they always want chocolate.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:10 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey MySunshine! I like your name, it's very nice. Well, I'm Vyper, or whatever you want to call me. So, everyone's already asked all the questions. All I can say for now is to feel free to PM me whenever you want to, about anything- reviews, questions, or chatting. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:24 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello MySunshine! I am Winter. Welcome to YWS!

I have the same problem with starting new writing projects and never continuing them. I suppose it's rather common here! I agree that it is a good idea to carry a notebook around. It helps you collect ideas for stories or dialogue or character traits!

You live in Germany? I'm jealous! I've always wanted to live there for a semester of school or something. You must be fluent in German then! I will be taking German next year in school, if all goes well *ahem*.

Anyway, welcome to YWS! If you have any questions please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

Random avatar

Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:31 pm
MySunshine says...

Thanks for the nice welcome! :D:D
I might just take you up on that and bug you with PMs ^^

Well, my hobbies and favorites?
I love reading and writing. Usually somewhere around the Romance genre for both, but I enjoy reading mystery and crime, too. I used to like Stephen King, but ever since 'Christine', I stopped. I don't know if it's because of his writing or because my mind got an vivid-imagination-boost, but I noticed he's messing with my mind and I didn't like that xDD So, yeah. I think Romance is the safest ^^
My other hobbies are ... watching TV and movies, spending time with friends, listening to music and all that stuff.

My favorite authors are Catherine Anderson, Judith McNaught, Robin Cook, Stephenie Meyer and a few more. As you might assume, I am a very huge fan of Twilight, even though I have to admit that I wasn't all too fond of reading that book when I first got it. But well.
I don't really have any favorite songs - or rather, I have so many songs I like that you can't really say that they are 'Favorites'. Generally, I like listening to K-Pop (surprise, huh? ^^), but R'n'B and Soundtracks are fine, too.

What else can I say?
My favorite subjects in school are English and biology. Math used to be a favorite, too, but we recently started geometry and I suck xD
Most hated subject would be history and politics&economy - mandatory here in Germany. I don't have to tell you why, do I? ;)

Now to my stories. As far as I remember, I've started about eight or more and never finished one. The very first one I wrote when I was 12 or so, and I cracked up when I reread a few months ago what kind of crap I'd fabricated back then ^^
I tried writing something supernatural, too, but I guess my imagination isn't that good.
I'm also a member on FictionPress, and I posted two of the stories there, but due to a major writer's block, they're on hiatus now ...

Hi MySunshine! You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...couldn't resist. xD Is your name from that song?

I don't really know. It might be xD
Well, actually one of my guy friends used to call me that ever since I had that song in my head for months

You live in Germany? I'm jealous! I've always wanted to live there for a semester of school or something. You must be fluent in German then! I will be taking German next year in school, if all goes well *ahem*.

Fluent speaking, yes. Who cares about grammar and all that, right? ;)
I don't know, maybe it's because I live here, but I'm not that big a fan of Germany ^^ The school system really sucks and the schools themselves aren't that great, either.
I totally enjoyed my high school year in the US about two years ago, though!

That's about it ^^
I don't really know what to write about myself, so I guess you can just ask me if you're still curious ^^

Thanks again for the welcome!
MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

312 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:13 pm
Mars says...

Ooh! Let's switch places! I have a friend from Germany and she's always making me jealous with all the cool history courses she got to take.

Hehe. And I love geometry. So we'll be best friends, right? :P Anyways, post some of your stuff! I'd like to read it.
-the wombats

critiques // nano

Random avatar

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:02 pm
MySunshine says...

Sure :D Where are you from? ^^
Well, forget that. I think every other country will be better than Germany -_-

Where does she live?
The courses might be different depending on the school. But my school sucks majorly, so I guess all the courses here are way worse than anywhere else.

'Course, we will xD I don't choose my friends judging by what classes they like ^^

I will, someday ^^
I'm still writing on all of them, and I don't have a whole lot of chapters done. Also, I usually need ages to finish chapters, so I don't really want to post a chapter and then have everyone wait for months.

When I do, I'll definitely tell you ;)
Until then, you can check out my blog - I posted some info about my stories, what they're about and all that ^^

MySunshine
♥And if you go, I wanna go with you. And if you die, I wanna die with you♥

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:36 pm
Night Mistress says...

You will find that A lot of people like twilight. In fact there is a usergroup for it.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

312 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:46 pm
Mars says...

Your blog = my next stop. She lived in Berlin, but now she's with me in the UK.

Haha, but yeah, I think everyone here can relate to you. I have so many things I'm doing that take forever. I procrastinate badly. But, great! I can't wait.
-the wombats

critiques // nano

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:11 pm
JustDance says...

Heyy!
Welcome to YWS!!!
Before you post some of you ah-mazinggg workk let's get down to the rules.
Can't escape that can ya?

1. The 2:1 ratio. Yep, before you post ANY of you work, you MUST MUST MUST review unleast 2 other people's work. And no, "I liked it." doesn't count.
If you can't find any mistakes unleast tell them some thoughts that went through your mind while reading the piece, or how they can improve.
2. Keep chat and caps minimum. We are writer's aren't we.
Besdies it can get annoying sometimes like this:
PlZ dOn'tT B wRtNg In ChTt FoRM

or this:

DON'T WRITE IN CHAT!!!!!!

It seems like i'm yelling at you, even though I'm not.

So remember these two simple rules, unless you want us coming after you with pitchforks!
Hehe just kidding.
Don't freak out if you did say "lol" or "rofl", minimum is okay, just don't use it in every post. Mkay?
Now if you have any more questions feel free to PM me!

--Anantta

Understanding is the first step to acceptance, and only with acceptance can there be recovery.
— Albus Dumbledore