z

Young Writers Society

Oh, herrow there!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:01 pm
Alexavier says...

ello, dearies!! I was recommended this site by a friend of mine, kylan. apparently he's famous on here. hmm. well, I have been a member of a site like this before, but I'm kind of a flake so I probably won't post too much. I am a total grammar nerd and I've been a beta reader before, so if anyone's ever in need, I'm here.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, before you start posting your work it would be a good idea to review two works. That way, everybody gets a review. There is the added bonus of people being more willing to look at your stuff if you've looked at theirs. :wink: It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

And when you do get around to posting something of yours, please rate it! If you rate it and it's not rated R, then it will show up on the front page for all to see! Works that are rated R have graphic scenes and/or the f-word.

A grammar freak? Good. Then you'll like the no chat-speak rule.

So, tell us a bit more about yourself! What are your favourite books? Authors? Genres?

Yep. I've seen Kylan around. He does have a bit of a reputation....

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:58 pm
daydreamer9 says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS. :)

I'm sure you'll make many additional friends. People are all really kind here.

If you ever need any help or want me to look over a story of yours, let me know!

dd9
live like there's no tomorrow, dream like you'll live forever.

be the change you wish to see in the world
-gandi

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:08 pm
*DaughteroftheMoon* says...

Ah yes, Kylan is a very good reviewer. I had a few done by him they were great. Also quite a good writer... So anyways, I'm welcoming you!
I hope that you find YWS is to your taste (It certainly was to mine, I'm addicted now :) )
So what are your favorite genres to read and write? I do love your username by the way. So let me give you a few rules: Minimize the chatspeak, people bite if you don't (I'm just kidding of course) and don't use all caps. If you ever need any help or are in need of a review, just PM (private message) and I'll be happy to help. Good luck!
~Alyss
Amor Vincit Omnia

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 am
Winter's Twelfth Night says...

Hello there! I am Winter. Welcome to YWS!

Yay! A grammar freak! I'm like that too; I absolutely hate bad grammar. If you ever catch a grammar mistake in any of my reviews or posts please let me know. Thanks! :D

Anyway, if you need help with anything or have any questions please PM me!
-Winter
Mamillius: Merry or sad shall’t be?
Hermione: As merry as you will.
Mamillius: A sad tale’s best for winter. I have one
Of sprites and goblins.

The Winter's Tale

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:48 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hi! It's great that you know people here in real life. I'm pretty isolated... cause nobody else I know enjoys writing. Oh well. I'm addicted to YWS anyway (I sneak time during Computer Technology lessons. Shhh.) so it doesn't really matter. And yay, another grammar nerd! I feel the need to point out every single mistake I spot. I've gotten on bad terms with more than one person for being too critical. YWS taught me to tear stuff apart. I can't help it anymore.

I've seen Kylan around. He writes really well. So, I'm going to check if you have anything. If not... then I'll be waiting. So, feel free to PM me if you need anything at all. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:06 pm
Amniel says...

Hellou Alexavier. Here I am posting amongst the other [s]blood[/s]point-thirsty people, coming late yet again so that the boring stuff has been taken out of the way. The best way to get into YWS is review other people's works, and almost always, they return the favour. Be friendly and active, and then you will have lots of friends. Pm me if you want a non-boring answer to any question you happen to have.

So there are different people in YWS.

Purples/Instructors: These are the people who advise you on your writing, and write constructive reviews.
Blues/Greeters: People who haunt people here in the Welcome forum, getting people to a start.
Light Green: Junior Moderators who are training to become moderators.
Green: Moderators who make sure the people here obey the rules.
Orange: Oranges are distinguished members of the site.
Red: Site Administrator(s?) like all mighty Nate.

Well I did end telling boring stuff...oh well 8)
Remember to put info on your profile page.
If the road is easy, the destination is worthless.

I hope everyone's safe and sound and has some potatoes in the pantry.
— Arcticus