z

Young Writers Society

Hi!

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:26 am
PatriciaTina says...

Hi! My name is Trish, and I'm new here, as you probably guessed. I love reading, and writing, but I suck at poems. I really like the Twilight series and anything by Meg Cabot, though I haven't read all of her books. How is everyone? I just have one question. What are points for? I can already tell that this is a really awesome site and I can't wait to meet people! :D

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:04 am
Flux says...

Hello! Welcome to the wacky world of YWS! In our big "family" alot of people like the authors you mentioned as well! I'm sure you'll fit right in!

Firstly, to answer your question, points are gained by reviewing other works, or your can earn them sometimes by posting in groups. Secondly, points are used if you want to post a story of your own.

RULES
There are two basic rules here at YWS:

1) Minimized chat-speak. You can still you "lol" and such, but try saying "you" instead of "u" and "the" instead of "da". That sort of stuff.
2) We have a 2:1 ratio on YWS. You must review two works before posting something of your own.

Anyways, What sort of stuff do you like? As you said before you like Meg Cabot and the Twilight series. I like Meg Cabot too. I think he writing is witty.

What are your "favourites"? Favourite food/ drink/ TV show/ song/ band/ sport/ writing genre/ etc,.

If you have any other questions feel free to pm me-- or anyone for that matter. We're all willing to help! Just follow those rules above, and you'll be fine. And, please check out the "Rules" forum for more!

Thanks,

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:08 am
Incognito says...

LaReina, you beat me here!
Welcome to YWS!
This site is pretty awesome!
It seems LaReina already gave you the two rules. If you follow those then you will have no problem here.

If you need anymore help, the people with light blue names, like me, are greeters. We are here to welcome you and make sure that you are settled in. Then there are the people with purple names I think which are the instructors. Those people can give you indepth critiques and can help you if you need help. Those people would love to read you work. The green names I am pretty sure are moderators, and the people with the red names are the site Admins. Make sure you are respectful to the people with the green and red names.

Also, if you need somebody to review your work, if you go into the Will Review For Food forum, and post, someone will guarenteed read your work and help you out if you need it.

Everyone is really nice here and if you need any help or assistance I am right here. Also if you need friendship, I can be of assistance there too.

Hope to see you around the forums.

Sincerily,
~Incognito Temptation

P.S. Why don't you say a little bit more about yourself?
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:30 am
Horserider says...

Welcome! I'm not sure what points are exactly since I'm still new too.

I love the Twilight series!

I'm not good at poems either. What kind of things do you like to write?

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:11 am
PatriciaTina says...

Thanks for being so welcoming! I guess I'll tell you guys a bit more about myself then. Okay, so some of my favorite bands are Paramore, Muse, Relient K and Anberlin. I'm a Christian. Ummmm, one of my favorite foods is pizza (you probably see that a lot). I really like to read young adult fiction, ie. romance, mystery, etc. And lastly, I also play soccer in the spring.

Hmmmmm... My favorite thing to write would probably be short stories or long ones too, if I can keep my attention on one idea for long enough. I write on Fanfiction.net, so I like doing that. I've also just started a story for fictionpress.com. My names are TwilightFan2424 on Fanfiction, and Tabitha Winter on Fictionpress.

That's about all I can think of. What about you guys? I'd love to hear more about you! :D Anyways, good night!
~ Patricia Tina :smt006

Don't look in the spoiler.

Spoiler! :
I lost the game.

"I always hear punch me in the face when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext."
~ Dr. John Watson

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:54 pm
Flux says...

Hey, that's cool. I like Paramore as well! Awesome band. Even before Twilight :lol:

I also play soccer. Travel, actually. My tryouts are soon, :P

And, I can't remember if I explained this before, but points are used so that you can post stories here on the site. Points are required to do that. You can gain points from many groups and forums just by posting something there, as well a reviewing!

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:15 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey.

I like twilight too, but i don't like the fourth book.

I like Paramore too.

You should check out the usergroup Alice Cullen Knows Your Next Move. It's a usergroup for Twilight.

Pm me if you need anything, including Friendship.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm
Horserider says...

Cool! My username on fanfiction is EdwardisAllMine. I've four fanfics in progress right now and two are for Twilight. I've always wanted to try out for soccer, but I never had the time or guts to ask my mom if I could. Too late now though.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:15 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

To give you a more detailed explination of points:

In most boards you get points. The only ones you don't are in anything under "General Discision" and Storybooks (RPGs)

In the rest of the boards, you get .2 points per character in a post, maximum 50 points.

It costs you 150 points to post a new work, but you get 50 points back (It's asked you post something long enough that people can critique it properly)

It costs 100 points to create a new storybook, zero points to post in them.

Hope I helped!

If you need anything, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:30 pm
Incognito says...

[color=indigo]You like Fanfiction!

I have been on that site for almost more than two years now! (Even though I just got angry at my writing and deleted all my stories) I also have a fictionpress too. But I like this site the best out of them. This site actually helps you write better, not just tell you if your story is good or bad.
I have read the Twilight series, but Breaking Dawn ruined it for me. It just wasn't a satisfying ending for me. My favourite though was the original Twilight. I started to miss the innocent love that they had as the stories went on.

I love Anberlin! My favoruite song would have to be Paperthin Hym.

Hope you enjoy it here!

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

I didn't want to slow time, I just wanted to make a little rock.
— MomoMajesty's brother