z

Young Writers Society

Ello im new

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:56 am
MexicanDefender says...

I had just joined this forum in search of help on a book I have started to write.
I read the rules and will make some comments before submitting just wanted everyone to know I am a noobie here.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:00 am
Hannah says...

^_^ Well, welcome! I'm Hannah, and I'm relatively new here as well, but I'm enjoying my time here thoroughly! What kind of book are you writing and how far along are you? ^_^ Do you write anything else in your spare time?

I'd like to just point out two important rules that you should know!

1. Please minimize chatspeak! Some abbreviations are okay~
2. Please review two works posted by other members before posting any of your own! Try to keep this 2:1 ratio for the duration of your membership, making sure you review two works before posting anything new! ^_^

Now that that's out of the way... what are some of your favorite books or genres of books? What do you do to get inspired when you write? How long have you been writing? Tell us all a bit about yourself, please! ^_^

-Hannah-

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:15 am
anti-pop says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS! :D

Hannah's already gone over the rules, so all I have left to say is 'hi'. What's your book about so far? How long have you been working on it?

This site is definitely a fantastic place to help improve your writing. See you around the forums!

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

7 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:16 am
MexicanDefender says...

I am writing a crime novel, a private investigator links clues by relaying his train of thoughts off events that taken place in the book throughout the book. I just got about 1,500 words in before I stopped to get some input to see if I had something or not. I write songs, I am a musician of sorts. I love making songs and putting guitar riffs to them, bass riffs to the guitar riffs and throwing in some keyboard parts. I generate drums through a program and I make my own stuff. Nothing is ever complete because I always get busy. But I hope to make a full song soon.

Ah yes the rules hehe
I did read those so I did not offend anyone and I actually already replied to some.
Ill try my best to read and critique.

I love utopia books even though they sorta all the same. I listen to classical music to get inspired to do anything at all. I also draw, make paintings, graphic designs on the computer. Classical music is very calm and peaceful and it helps me think and when I write songs or this maybe soon to be novel I usually start at 12 and do not stop typing until 6.. 7 in the morning.. it all just pores out.
"Ars longa, vita brevis" - Hippocrates

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:38 am
anti-pop says...

Song-writing is difficult, I admire you for being able to do that. Classical music is also lovely, so props to you!

Writing mysteries is challenging too. I wouldn't be able to deal with all the puzzles and plot-twists! My head would ache too much.
I know what you mean about writing in the early hours of the day. That's when writing comes best for me as well.

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

7 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:57 am
MexicanDefender says...

Thank you =] Ah yes! It is difficult but I think of it as a challenge that makes someone smarter for making puzzles and twist. Like watching one thing but something completely happened and the person who thought they won didn't. I love those types of plots.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 am
WaterVyper says...

I know. Plot twists are awesome. They make everything interesting. I'd like to see something that has over ten major twists in it. Of course, most anime are like that... So, welcome to YWS! I'm WaterVyper, but you can go ahead and call me whatever. And kudos to you! I dislike songwriting. Poetry is fine, but not song writing. I'm not sure why.

Anywho, that's great. What interests in movies do you have? I am almost completely ignorant about movies and actors and actresses, so I'm not the best person to ask about this stuff. Well, great to meet you! Feel free to PM me if you want a review, have a question, or just want to chat. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:20 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

I hope you enjoy it here.

Pm me if you need anything.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:37 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

Wow. Crime novel. I'm a fantasy person myself. I can't get enough myth and magic!

Methinks all writers hold strange hours. I usually don't start writing until about ten at night, and when I'm no a role I can go until three. But those days are few and far between. They usually only happen if I have physically unable to write for three days (no kidding. I went on vacation and didn't bring my laptop, didn't sleep the whole time, and was up until am hours just to get it all out).

I love classical! ^_^ Josh Groban is my favourite. His voice is just so... breathtaking.

Painting and drawing? I get into that sometimes. What's your favourite medium? I'm more an acrylics person, or get me a good set of coloured pencils and I'm happy. I love colour. I have a hard time doing anything without it. (As you might be able to tell.....)

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:38 pm
Flux says...

Welcome to the wacky world of YWS! Firstly, let me say that it's cool that you're writing a crime novel. I stick to fantasy because... well, that's my new comfort zone, i guess. I commend you. I try to write novels, but hey, I never finish them! I always start another story!

Song writer?! Holy cow! If someone ever asked me to write a song to save my life... let's just say it would be a sad story if people asked how I died. I'm wretched at any sort of poetry...

So, since Hannah has already told you the two rules, follow them, and sicne you've already read some of the rules, stick to them. I'm sure you'll meet some crazy and great people on here, and if you ever want a critique, I'm sure I'll give it a go.

Welcome again.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

7 Reviews

Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:19 pm
MexicanDefender says...

Thank you for the warm welcome and help =]
I can't wait to further help and tell my stories on the forums.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:38 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

[quote="MexicanDefender"]

I love utopia books even though they sorta all the same. quote]

Yay! I thought I was the only one! Whenever I tell people I like Utopia/Dystopia books they look at me like I'm crazy.

Nice to meet you!

-Sakura
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

7 Reviews

Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:06 am
MexicanDefender says...

lol well nice to meet you too, all of you =]

They are great books I think brave new world was on the coolest to read because the depth to it.

"In my contact with people I find that, as a rule, it is only the little, narrow people who live for themselves, who never read good books, who do not travel, who never open up their souls in a way to permit them to come into contact with other souls -- with the great outside world."
— Booker T. Washington, Up From Slavery