z

Young Writers Society

Paradise

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:26 pm
dr paradise says...

I fall into the category as not too young of a writer, but that is OK, I think this is a great place to visit from time to time. I write from the subconscious, I enjoy my stories as much as anyone and I am as surprised as anyone when I get to the ending. So many times, I dream parts of the story before I begin to pound the keyboard and then it is like a new story all over again as it unfolds in a completed form much different than the dream. We all have dreams, but not all of us can put that dream to word. I am lucky as my dreams have a great impression on me and my writing.

What I write is intended for young people. When I was a much younger person, I devoured books by the hundreds and it was not uncommon for me to read a book in an hour and then look for another. Now, pay back time, I want to repay society for all the books I read by adding some of my own. I love writing and enjoy putting words together in such a fashion that others can understand what I am saying. (hopefully) We all know, the reader never reads completely what the writer placed on the paper, the reader is influenced by his own mind. A good book actually lets us crawl inside and become part of the book and associate with the character as we choose.

Dr Paradise

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:37 pm
cheese9975 says...

Well, Dr. Paradise, that's very interesting. I'd like to inform you that we try and stick to two rules around here,
1) No chatspeak, we're too classy.
2) Keep the 2:1 ratio alive. For every one work you post review two others. It's easy stuff.

You seem like a very interesting person, I'd love to read some of your work. Who are some of your favorite authors?

-Shannon
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:46 pm
Hannah says...

So many times, I dream parts of the story before I begin to pound the keyboard and then it is like a new story all over again as it unfolds in a completed form much different than the dream. We all have dreams, but not all of us can put that dream to word. I am lucky as my dreams have a great impression on me and my writing.

First of all, I have to say, that's amazing! ^_^ Many of my ideas have come from my dreams as well -- fantastic, confusing dreams that I can't make heads or tails of, I just work them out and plan to put them in my writing. ^_^

I think it's a really noble idea that you have, your reason for writing. Have you been published before? ^_^ What kind of books do you write? Can you give an example?

I remember reading a lot of books when I was a child as well, but I was always trying to read above and beyond my assigned level. Do you think you'll attempt to keep your writing intelligent as well as accessible to younger people? Also, what was your favorite book as a child?

Welcome to the site! I hope you have a great time~ ^_^

I'm Hannah, by the way. C:

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:49 pm
Flux says...

It seems that, I, and greeter can never fulfill her duties by nailing the rules into the head's of people. So since that has already been done, follow them, and you will be okay.

So tell us about your self! What are you "favourites"? Favourite food/ drink/ movie/ book/ author/ song/ band/ animal/ writing genre/ etc,. We'd love to learn more about yourself.

Please make sure to check out the rules thread to make sure you follow them. And if you have any questions, or need someone to talk to, pm me, or anyone, I'm sure.

LaReina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:02 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey

Welcome to YWS.

So tell us about yourself.

Well, if you need anything, please pm me.

See ya around.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:06 pm
God says...

does anyone realize?

not to be hostile, or anything, but this is a site for young writers,
and unless you are some kinda joker, you seem to be about 73 years old, and also state "not too young of a writer"

man, seriously, this is a site for young authors, writers,

what are you doing here?

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

Random avatar

Reviews: 7
Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:26 am
franz6767 says...

[quote]I love writing and enjoy putting words together in such a fashion that others can understand what I am saying.

Well, I have no idea what you're talking about :lol: No, seriously, nice to meet you Dr. Paradise, so I take it you're not an Atheist?

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:48 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello there. Welcome to YWS.

I really like your views on writing. You sound like a very experienced writer.

However, I'm afraid this site really is for young writers. Why not PM a moderator (people with their names in green) and see what they say.

To be a member one should be in the 13-25 years range. 75 is clearly not in that range.

Best of luck with your writing!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:23 am
beyondimagination says...

What are you doing here kido. Let the children play their games. Let this God
to be the God of children. Where else he can be the God. Please com with me
into the eternity to write together one tell of the reality. And don’t forget to bring
something with you you know what ( :idea: ) numbers of it.

"I wish we could all get along like we used to in middle school... I wish I could bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy..."
— Unnamed Girl from "Mean Girls"