z

Young Writers Society

Ciao Tutti New-bie syndrome

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

A quick note- If you look at the top and/or bottom of a thread, you'll see a button called "post reply." Click on that so you don't have to quote everybody.

To answer your question, I am writing something in the Fantasy genre. I only have a chapter and a half though.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jan 20, 2009 11:44 pm
Night Mistress says...

Ina_in_boots wrote:
Night Mistress wrote:Oh, Laurell K. Hamiltion fan. I love her. I have only read one of her short stories and I fell in love with her writing.

Ah, I must say if anyone is to read Laurell K. Hamilton they should definately read her Anita Blake series. [[Guilty Pleasures is the first book]]
Though if you love Hamilton then Anne Rice, Patricia Briggs, and Sherillyn Kenyon are great reads too.

Oh, you are my new best friend! I love Patricia Briggs and Sherrilyn Kenyon.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:40 am
Ina_in_boots says...

I've never gotten a handle on technology. To be honest I grew up without TV and I still don't have cable and most likely never will. My internet use is even worse. I'm quite caveman in my evolution process. Still stuck in the writing age. ^^

Have you posted your story yet or are you still proof reading it?

7 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:51 am
Ina_in_boots says...

Grazie to all of you that let me know about the buddy system! I'm extremely new to anything "technological" so all advice is immensly appreciated!

7 Reviews

Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:58 am
Ina_in_boots says...

Yes, I am one PROUD Army Brat! At the moment my family has just been stationed in Florida. I got here about 6 months ago. [Its my first time living in the states] It's been a bit stressful! Especially since I'm finishing my Junior year here--quite hecktic.
Where in Germany were you stationed?! I LOVE Germany. Germany is my home basically. I was stationed there for 11 years and while their I traveled ALL over Europe. Though my favorites are Egypt, Finland, London, Croatia, and Scotland.

And no, no one told me about usergroups. Thanks for the info! :D

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:55 pm
alwaysawriter says...

It's your first time in the States?! You're lucky! My Dad was stationed in Baumholder; it was this tiny base (you could walk to just about anywhere except for the fact that there were really big hills) next to a tiny town. Where was your Dad stationed? Okay, so now I'm even more jealous; I've barely heard of Croatia. I think Ireland was probably my favorite--although I was terrfied of deer heads and had a tramatizing experience at one of the pubs we visited because of it...I'm proud of being an Army brat too. I don't live on base so I go to school with a bunch of civilans that I've more or less grown up with. I mean, I can think of one Army brat over here and we don't talk anymore. My best friend, whose Dad is stationed in Maryland, is one of my few Army brat friends--she lived a few hours away from me in Germany but we didn't know it til about three years ago. I think a lot of people have started retiring now; her Dad's about to get out soon and my Dad's going to be out when I start college. *stops rambling*

Where were you born? I was born in Panama but we moved back to the States before I was a year old so I don't remember it. Do you like traveling? I love going new places (outside the US) and I love planes.

No problem. ^^

-always
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm still writing it! I'm only at page 19, and I don't plan on posting it until I'm done. Plus, I'm writing it out by hand and I don't really want to type it up until I'm editing.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities.
— Dr. Seuss