z

Young Writers Society

Roses and Unicorns

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:18 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

I have been obsessed with pink since I was about two. But, for those of you who don't exactly like my pink font, only this first and last paragraphs will be in pink.

I absolutely love to do crafts. When I was 18 months I had scissors in my hands and I would not let go of them until I figured out how to cut paper! Play-doh was always in my hands until I was about six, when I started school. Apparently, six is too old to use play-doh, or so my classmates thought. I picked it back up when I was ten though. ^_^ Now other stuff has taken it's place.

I'm homeschooled. School was not fun for me. That's all I'm going to say at the moment.

Learning has always been a passion. My friends often looked at me strangely when I would say three things about any given topic. I've stopped doing that (it seemed to scare people) but I'll still give random facts if you let me.

I watched educational shows non-stop when I was little (until they all got canceled >.<) and it's only recently that I've stopped thinking: "I learned this when I was four" during science.

Past interests have included (but are not limited too): Forensics, mythology, archiology, metiorology, geography, Zoo Tycoon (Only reason I stopped playing was I have almost everything figured out!), animals, art (all kinds pretty much), crafts (If you want the list say so. It's long) and guitar.

Current interests include (but are not limited too): Writing, English, history, fantasy, weapons, Mythbusters, Josh Groban, dancing (even though I'm not taking classes), graphic design, YWS, quote-collecting and trivia collecting.

Some random facts about me:
I'm double-jointed everywhere
I have two cats and a dog; they get along fine.
I have an encyclopedic memory. One I hear something, I rarely forget it if I'm interested.
I'm called the walking encyclopedia by some of my friends. To others I'm just plain weird.
Yes, I'm weird. Live with it.

And, a quote that I came up with a while ago: Roses only have thorns to defend themselves.

If you have any questions, ask!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:41 pm
Night Mistress says...

It's nice to know about you more, Rosey.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:43 pm
anti-pop says...

In honor of posting in your About the Author thread, I shall conduct the following message in PINK (greatest color ever)! :D

I love the part about you and your play-doh. I used to play with that stuff all the time! (And still do. Except now I make my own for added fun :D)

I know what you mean about public school not being fun. *sigh*

Learning is a fantastic passion which everyone should have. Honestly! Imagine how much this world could benefit if at least a million more people truly cared about knowledge.
As for all of the ology's you listed, I must say I am impressed. I also am interested in mythology, as well as paleontology (the study of dinosaurs).

Trivia-collecting is an amazing hobby to have as well. And really fun! I love bursting out with random comments at my friends.
Mythbusters is awesome, too. They had a live show once in Seattle and I went to watch...it was a little dissapointing, though. There was more question-answering rather than myth-busting. Ah well. :)

I have an encyclopedic memory. One I hear something, I rarely forget it if I'm interested.

I'm pretty much the exact same way EXCEPT I'll only remember if it truly captures my interest. If I find it boring, it can take forever to get me to soak it up.
I think being an encyclopedia is awesome, not weird! Just stick it to 'em, Rosey!

And nice quote!

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:33 am
Stori says...

I like to think I have a "phonographic" memory. I can remember anything just as I hear it.

How bizarre is that?

1272 Reviews

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:04 am
Rosendorn says...

Short post, back to pink!

Anti- I'm (pardon the pun) tickled pink you did that! Thanks!

Palientology... I was into that for about two months. I can still go to a musium and list I-don't-know how many facts about the stuff in the Dinosaur Hall.

Stori- I tend to be the same. But sometimes my memory spreads to things I have read too.

"Weird" is the new normal. <---- I think I came up with that one too.

Yeah, I come up with this stuff a lot.

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:49 am
cheese9975 says...

I still play with play-doh now. Actually not really, but if we had some that wasn't really crusty and hidden in the basement for eight plus years I would. I DO play with Barbies on occasion, though. You play guitar? I really want to learn, I'm jealous of all people with musical talent, I possess none. I like that you did this, it's great learning more about y'all. I just might do the same myself.
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

1272 Reviews

Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:42 pm
Rosendorn says...

Eh, I used to play it. But I couldn't really go into advanced stuff because my hands are really strange. I'm double-jointed, and I couldn't press the strings properly when I did anything over a three-finger chord. People said that I played the songs I could play well though.

I guess I'm more of a dancer. I'd rather be in the center of the stage moving then at the side playing music.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:21 am
fluteluvr77 says...

You're homeschooled?? Luckyy, you're like Stargirl (God, I love that book<3)...In your interests column, I love how fantasy is right next to weaponry :P. I'm not a big fan of the color pink, I prefer purple...But, I love your quote, its soo true...

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

I'm pink crazy and have been for the past 16 years. Purple's a close second though. You could never guess from my wardrobe. It's dominated by purples, blues and greens.

"Weaponry" is something I have an interest in just because of writing. I like having all the proper terms for the stuff I use in my fantasy stories. It's so annoying when I see the wrong term in a book, so I learn everything I can about what I'm using. Weapons are so cool though.

I looked up that book, Stargirl. Wow. It's close to what I went through in school. Only I didn't have one person begging me to be normal to stick around. I did have my mom though, and she encouraged me to stay different.

Another quote- I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work. - Christ Titus.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:34 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Pssh. Play doh is fun for everyone no matter what your age is! In 8th grade me and my friends were making pizzas during Algebra and people were actually jealous xD
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:23 am
cooldude19967 says...

I'm in a grade twelve AP biology class, and we still use playdoh to model stuff. During class. Sort of odd, but still very fun! I can still remember when I was little that I used to model my playdoh all the time into this one little shape... I think it was supposed to be a wolfs head.

(lapses into memory)

Good times...
Ready and willing to rip your work to shreds! (That is if you want it) Check out my "will review for food" thread.

topic42969.html

1272 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:28 pm
Rosendorn says...

I used it to make bracelets, anklets and even a necklace or two. For awhile I was rarely seen without something play-doh around my arms or legs.

Interesting. Out of all the information in the first post, play-doh is what gets commented on the most......

I think that says something about how good a toy that is!

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:56 am
MeadowLark says...

Interesting. Out of all the information in the first post, play-doh is what gets commented on the most......

Well, of course everyone's gonna talk about play-doh! :lol: Everyone loves play-doh. I have a picture(from years back when I was smaller) of my dad playing with the play-doh with my brother, sister and I. I also made a flower for my neice at Christmas...she loved it.

So nice to know more about you Rosey and ya, pink rocks. I love my collection of pink pens.
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:01 am
oneeyedunicornhunter says...

When I saw the title, I felt that I had a moral obligation to read it. I'm not particularly fascinated by unicorns, but "Oneeyedunicornhunter" is a name I bear proudly across the internet, with a story behind it for all who care to hear it. But there are plenty of things in the post that struck me.

Now for comments on those things, without any particular order.

MythBusters used to be good, but they've gone downhill. They became sloppy in their experiments, leaving me saying "But what if..." at the end of almost every episode.

Pink is indeed an awesome color.

School has never been very fun for me either.

The only thing I have against Play-Doh is the smell.

I have an English setter mush-ball (AKA: dog) named Angel. Whenever she encounters another dog, unless it's a lapdog, she will most likely put her tail between her legs and try to cower behind people. It's kind of pathetic, really...

I can memorize facts and dates, and listen to the teacher lecture, but I think that the whole story of History can't be found in the classroom. The people who wrote the history books have opinions, the people that chose the history books for the school have opinions, the teacher conveying the information to me has opinions, until finally all I get is a remnant of what really happened. It takes a determined someone who is very good at reading undercurrents to find the real stories.

Who's Josh Groban?

Fantasy is amazing! Weapons are beyond cool too...there's just something charming about a mass of steel and wood designed to kill. Especially medieval weapons. (This, coming from someone who does not condone any form of violence...)
Am I a one eyed hunter of unicorns or a hunter of one eyed unicorns? The world may never know.

1272 Reviews

Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm
Rosendorn says...

I just love the "but what if"! I tend to go look it up for myself. :D

History, to me, is one of the most fun things to learn about. I get a lot of books on the subject, and I tend to just read everything and form my own opinions of what happened. 'Tis fun. :D

You....Don't.... Know.... Josh?!?!?! Look him up. Just about everything he does is amazing. Although some really good videos have been removed for copyright violations. *sigh*

I have such a hard time writing anything But fantasy. It's amazing. Well, it was the thing that got me started, and I haven't left the path of fantasy since.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.
— Helen Keller