z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:40 pm
alwaysawriter says...

*wonders what happend to the old Welcome members thread then remembers she hasn't been around the Welcome forum much in months*

Anyway, hi Spraynard! If you need anything, feel free to PM me. :)

-alwaysawriter
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:48 pm
livexlaughxlovex15 says...

hay!!! What's up I'm new here and I don't really have anyone to talk to! So yeah if your feeling friendly talk to me I'm bored

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:50 pm
Rydia says...

Hey there! I'm pretty much always feeling friendly =) My name's Heather and if you need a hand with anything while you're at YWS, don't hesitate to ask. You can pm me for reviews, with questions or just to chat ^^

If you like meeting new people/ have some time on your hands, you can start your own individual welcome thread and tell us about yourself or even just post it here. It's always good to get to know new people...

Also, there's a couple of rules around the site that you should check out but I'll just briefly tell you a few important ones: Don't write in full caps/ use chat-speak; Do respect the 2:1 review policy and review two pieces of writing for every piece you post.

See you around!

Heather xx
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:59 am
Zal Deathomen says...

Hi there!

I'm Zal, I like long walks on the beaches, romantic evenings with my special lady, and girls... Ahh, girls. (Sorry ladies, I'm taken. *Wink*)

Now back to a more, yet still not very serious matters. I'm Zal, and I'm (Obvioulsy) goofy and random. I have more hobbies than should be humanly possible. Tennis, singing, drawing (More like doodling.), acting, my awsome girlfriend, AyumiGosu17, and of course writing. I have experience in writing writing my own crazy stories, that I will eventually post here, and i have experience in role playing from Gaia online. (It's not immature, we just pretend to be people from TV shows and fight eacthoth... nevermind.) And, i'm open to friend requests from anyone. Nice to meet you all!

Signed:
Zal Deathomen

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:15 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi Zal! Great to meet you and welcome to YWS! Before you start posting your stuff, I better lay down the rules. Well, two of them at least.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means that for every work you post, you must review two or more works before.

2. Use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. dont tak lk dis. It is painful.

Well, that's it. A tip if you want to post your works: Don't flood the forums with them. Try limiting yourself to one per day. It doesn't look good if someone just puts up eight works in one day, even if you critique, critique, critique.

Well, tell us more about yourself. What do you like to write? What about read? Who are your favorite authors? What type of music do you like? Any favorite movies? Other stuff like that.

If you enjoy Roleplay, there's a forum here called the Storybooks which is pretty much roleplaying.

And yeah, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me. Welcome to YWS and hope to see you around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:31 pm
FLyerS says...

haha You sound like a real hermit. REMEMBER! True genius is a messy and lonesome road. And about the smileies, I LOVE them!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :smt021 :smt064 :smt059 :smt072 :D :D :D
Those who dance are thought insane by those who don't hear the music.
Those who fit well into their world don't generally go about changing it.

98 Reviews

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:35 pm
FLyerS says...

haha You sound like a real hermit. REMEMBER! True genius is a messy and lonesome road. And about the smileies, I LOVE them!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :smt021 :smt064 :smt059 :smt072 :D :D :D

98 Reviews

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:42 pm
FLyerS says...

HI I'm FLyerS! I'm newish here. I realy like this website! When you're thirteen, it's hard to get people to review your work. Sooo, This place is Awesome!!!!! Don't wory, I'm usually not this annoingly up-beat. :D I'm just hyper right now. Any way, talk to me! I only have three friends on this site, and one of them's Big Brother!

98 Reviews

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:45 pm
FLyerS says...

um... sorry about the four posts in a row... my computer's freaking out :oops: It took me forever to figure out where my computer was posting them. :oops: sorry!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:36 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

It's okay about the four posts. Just glad you figured it out!

Be sure to scroll up and read the rules in the above posts. ;)

What genres do you like to read and write?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:01 pm
Kiki says...

Hi all! So glad I found this site xDD

My name's Kiki, I go to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh for Game Art and Design. I love to write fantasy and draw up characters and I hope to get into the industry for Character concept.

My grammar is somewhat horrible, so if anyone is interested in helping me with that I appreciate it! I'm really easy to get along with...as people here in Shannon Hall has told me xD

I hope to make friends <3 feel free to message me =^-^=

1272 Reviews

Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:47 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Be sure to scroll up and read the rules in the posts above yours. ;)

You'll learn grammar soon enough. ^_^ Something about this place helps you with such matters. If you really want tips, check out the Grammar Section of the Knowledge Base. It's full of articles to help you out.

Ohh, a game designer! I wanted to do that for awhile. ^_^ What made you pick that major?

If you have any questions/want to talk, PM me.

~Rosey

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:43 pm
Thirst_23 says...

Hi

I'm thirst_23. I'm really into good-guy vampire stories. I'm writting a book right now, and I stumbled on this site. Seems cool.

See you around,
Authos give life to their characters,
and characters give life to the author

1272 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:50 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, three main rules on YWS are:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps spread the reviews around and people are very willing to return the favour. ^_^ It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- No chat-speak. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC and other term abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it.

3- Rated works are what we like to see! If you rate your work (and it's not rated R), it'll show up on the YWS front page. Rated R works have the f-word or graphic scenes.

Would your book happen to be about a good-guy vampire?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:03 pm
Thirst_23 says...

Thanks for the letting me know the lay of the land.

2:1, sounds fair.

Hehe, how'd you ever guess? Proud member of Bloodsuckers Annonymous!
Authos give life to their characters,
and characters give life to the author

Life is the art of drawing sufficient conclusions from insufficient premises.
— Samuel Butler