z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

Reviews: 3
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:10 pm
hahaballoobuh123 says...

Hey, it's hahaballoobuh123! i joined recently but haven't gotten the chance to join this forum...
I'm currently writing a (quote-unquote) "book" and I'm very excited to be able to share it with all of the YWS members. The links to the prologue and chapter 1 are currently on my profile, even though I have 6 chapters so far. Enjoy!

Thanks, hahaballoobuh123

!!
How far you go in life depends on you being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and the strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
~ George Washington Carver

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:09 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, three main rules on YWS are:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This helps spread the reviews around and people are very willing to return the favour. ^_^ It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio. A "review" must be at least three lines long, or else it won't count.

2- No chat-speak. That means proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations like lol, brb, POV, MC and other term abbreviations are okay, just don't overdo it.

3- Rated works are what we like to see! If you rate your work (and it's not rated R), it'll show up on the YWS front page. You might even get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word or graphic scenes.

I just love your username and avatar! So very fun. ^_^

Just one thing to remind you of: The 2:1 rule. So, if you have two works posted, you should have four reviews.

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Reviews: 1
Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:40 pm
View Likes
clinicallyunable says...

Howdy Do Dah ? - - - -> How Do You Do ? - - -> LOL

Umm I Kinda Joined The Site Yesterday So Im Still Figuring Things Out !! :D

I Have Been Classified As The "Wannabe Writer" <- - - There Is Truth In That

I Am Working On A "Book" (NOTE THE AIR QUOTATIONS) I Have Written Chapter 1 And

Halfway Through Chapter 2 !!

As Soon As I Figure Out How To Post Things

Well You'll Know =P

Clinically Unable xx

PS My Punctuation Really Sucks And I Mean Really Really Sucks !!

PPS I Am Really Excited !!
Can He Tell That I Can't Breathe

1272 Reviews

Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:21 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Be sure to scroll up and read the rules above your post. ;)

Okay, so that would explain the upper-case first letter for all those words. Just a little tip: Caps-lock and every word capitalized is hard to read and a bit annoying. Exclamation points are what we use to show being super-exited here. :D That, or lots of smiles.

What genre do you write in?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:17 pm
Musical Girl says...

hello. Im new here, <and this typing with correct spelling is getting on my nerves! i mean, i dont do it on purpose, i just type so fast that thats' what comes out!>
anyways, as I was saying. Im new here, and i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to take me under their wings and talk to me. i love art, music, and just other random things. skating is amazing, as long as i dont fall.
anyways, thanks for listenning.
im numb, like a person who's left their hand too long in ice water......

oh yeah, i am deep.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:21 am
View Likes
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Musical Girl, welcome to YWS! Don't worry about making a few errors every once in a while, because it takes practice to type fast and do so without making mistakes. Just be sure to check over your post afterwards, so you'll learn from mistakes. ;) That should make it a bit easier.

I love skating and music! Do you sing or play an instrument?
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:43 pm
MuffinWriter says...

New. Message me if you want to talk. I don't return to the same forum very often if ever.. you can call me muffin. I write fantasy. :D

1272 Reviews

Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:23 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Before you start posting, make sure you read the rules above your post. ;)

Fantasy= what I love. But I have been dipping into realistic fiction lately. Just short stories though.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey

Random avatar

Sat Mar 28, 2009 5:40 am
desert flower says...

Hello. I'm new to YWS. I really love to write. But I need someone to honestly comment on my writing.
I usually ask my friends. But they always say good things. I was reading some of the Guides and stuff on the site. So question: do mentors comment on pieces of work?

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 am
Mars says...

Ooh, lovely! A member who's read the guides. :D Anyway, to answer your question:

Some of those need to be updated; YWS hasn't had Mentors for awhile. Members whose names are in purple (like mine) are Instructors, which are about the same thing - we do in-depth critiques and generally try and help improve your writing.

That said, the beauty of this site is that everyone comments on work! You don't have to be an Instructor or anything, and not being one, of course, doesn't make someone's comments any less valid.

Welcome to the site, anyway, and feel free to PM me if you need a review or help or anything. I'm sure you'll find some honest reviews here. ;-)
-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

Random avatar

Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:06 am
desert flower says...

Thanks a lot! :D
I am taphephobic (scared of being buried alive).

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:29 pm
StellaThomas says...

YWS so does have mentors... I am, I think, in training as one... I'm not entirely sure.

Hey desert, I'm Stella, or any variation thereof, and like Mars, I'm an Instructor (hence the Purple). So if you need a piece critiqued, just PM me (click the button at the bottom of this post) or leave me a note on my guestbook in my profile, I'm not fussy... Anyway, Instructors (purple), critique- though so does everyone else, Greeters are here to welcome you and help you round the site, though anyone can do that as well, and Mods and Admins make sure we all stay in line.

Please check out the rules if you haven't already (but I'm sure you have), and remember the 2:1 review:work ratio. Everybody has to conform to this so that YWS keeps ticking over smoothly. And just mind your grammar. People will like you more if you use good grammar.

Anyway, what a pretty username! What do you like to write? Poetry, stories, plays...? Do you read? Who are your favourite authors? Any other hobbies/things you want to tell us?

And you're from Australia- that's so cool! I always want to go there...

If you need anything, feel free to give me a shout!

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:10 am
ValaMagic says...

Hi, i'm new here, just found the site. Haven't posted anything yet, but i will soon. Um, can't think of anything else to say right now so i'm going to go.

Random avatar

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:14 am
MyLifeRevolvesAroundMusic says...

Hi! My name's Luciano. I live in Spain and bla bla bla.

I love art, music (NO KIDDING!), sports and science. I like to play video-games and tell jokes. I also write stories, poetry and songs. But I'm bad, which is why I joined.

Random avatar

Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:15 am
MyLifeRevolvesAroundMusic says...

Hi! My name's Luciano. I live in Spain and bla bla bla.

I love art, music (NO KIDDING!), sports and science. I like to play video-games and tell jokes. I also write stories, poetry and songs. But I'm bad, which is why I joined.

If you want something badly, you just gotta believe it's gonna work out.
— Andy, Parks & Rec