Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:13 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

So, three rules you should know about YWS are:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. That way, reviews get spread around a bit more. Also, people are very willing to return the favour. Wink It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio. ^_^

2- Minimize chat-speak. That means using proper grammar, spelling and caps. Some abbreviations are okay, like lol, brb, ect. Just don't overdo it please. ;)

3- Keep swearing in stories you post, and if you do have swearing rate things accordingly. PG-13 is for some swearing, G is no swearing and if you use the f-word and/or have graphic scenes, rate things R. Anything other then R-rated works show up on the front page of YWS.

There are some people here doing script frenzy. I might do it, depending on how my schedule goes for April.

If you want some more help about YWS, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:43 am
that is poetry says...

HEY im new, but a great writer. Just tryna get the flow, ya kno?
anyone feeling friendly these days?

1272 Reviews

Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:50 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Be sure to check out the rules in the post above yours! You'll notice, we ask for proper capitalization on this site. ;)

Here on YWS, we like to make great writers even better! Ask the people in purple names to review your work and they'll find little things to make you better. ;) That's one of the unofficial guarantees of YWS. :D

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:34 am
chanters says...

Hey I'm Chanters :)
A friend recommended me to join this, so I took her advice :)
See you around :):)

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:34 am
Scarecrow says...

Hey chanters, hope you have a good time here.

Don't forget to scroll up and look at the rules Rosey posted.

Have fun!

ScareCrow
The price of greatness is responsibility - Whinston Chruchill

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:34 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Chanters! Welcome to YWS. It's always good to see a new face around here. Just be sure that you know the rules (2:1 review rule, no chatspeak, respect everyone, rate works, have fun, etcetera) and you'll be fine. So, good to see you around.

Feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Reviews: 1
Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:29 pm
lanebreaker says...

Hey all you, I'm Lanebreaker, from Bangladesh, doing my Graduation in English Literature. Hope to do long discussions, and find good pieces of writings, and post my own writings. :) :)

1272 Reviews

Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:51 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya lanebraker! Welcome to YWS!

Be sure to scroll up and read the rules in my post above, okay? ;) You'll be liked for following them.

English lit for a major? Wow. What made you decide to get into that? I'm thinking of taking something English based myself, but I don't know quite where I want to go.

You can find long discussions here, as well as some downright amazing works. Posting your own writings is encouraged. :D What genres do you write?

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:37 am
`Stoney says...

G'day.

My name's Aaron, but most call me Stoney, so feel free to call me whichever. I mostly write poetical things that have no rhyme to them, or song lyrics - which do rhyme, as it's a little more necessary. I'll be posting some stuff as soon as I'm able to, but until then, look out for me in other threads. I enjoy pointing out errors, providing advice where I can, and receiving both as well.

What more can I say? I love music, I love the Ocean, and all nature, for that matter, and it's generally shown in my writings, which I'm hoping will one day maybe be published officially somewhere, but I have a long way to go for that to happen yet.

Anyway, if you come across my writings at all, I would love to read some feedback.

Cheers.
"The 50-50-90 rule: Any time you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong." ~ No idea who originally said it.. XD

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:43 am
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi, Stoney! I'm Music!

Okay, some rules to lay down here:

1.) Here at YWS (which I'm so glad you've joined, by the way), we have a thing known as the 2:1 ratio. This simply means that for every time you post one of your works, you must review two pieces by other authors on the site. This ensures that everyone gets a review.

2.) No chat speak! No caps, either. Proper spelling, punctuation, grammar, capitalization, etc.

So, free-verse and lyrics, huh? I just wrote my first free-verse poem. I have to admit, it isn't that great. But this is about you. Haha.

I also like music and the ocean! Both are just so inspiring, aren't they?

I look forward to seeing you around! PM me if you have any questions!

Music. :)
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

Reviews: 1
Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:25 am
A Flicker says...

Hi, I'm Doris, I'm new here. I've found this by browsing through dmoz.org. They offer links to numerous different sites, and this one caught my eye :)

1272 Reviews

Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:18 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Well, it's a good thing it did! YWS has to be the top site for teens wanting to write. (hence the name, lol)

Be sure to scroll up and read the rules above you.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:43 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Heyy! The basic rules are already up there, so here are the colors that you should know.
If someone's username is :
Blue - They're greeters that welcome new people into YWS. (Points up at Rosey's username)
Purple - They're instructors that specialize in giving in-depth critiques.
No color - They're normal users (Like me!)
Green - They're mods that help you get used to the site.
Anywayz, those are most of the colors you'll see floating around.
Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review or just want to talk!
fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:25 pm
Spraynard Krueger says...

hey im new here and this place looks really odd and closterphobic will somebody please tell me what im doing here

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:31 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hello Spraynard. Um... could we please ask that you follow the rules here?

1. Use proper spelling and grammar and capitalization at all times. We're writers on a writing website, so please follow this one. It makes your posts easier to read.

2. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means that before you go of and post your works like crazy, review 2 pieces beforehand. That makes sure that everyone gets a review.

Well, those are the rules! Um, nice to meet you Spraynard. Now, why don't you tell us more about yourself? Feel free to PM me for anything you need. See ya around!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Love is not an emotion. Love is a promise.
— 12th Doctor