z

Young Writers Society

The most unoriginal username of all of time!

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:37 am
Jordan Lacroix says...

The most unoriginal username of all of time! Yeah I was feeling to uncreative at the time so I thought I would keep it simple and just put my name. I recently just figured something weird out about my name. My family is Catholic (both my mother, and father sides of the family.) They didn't plan on this making sense at all! which is what is so mind blowing about it as well. But I am not a religious person though. I only like religion if it is entertaining, like a movie or a video game. Well my full name is Jordan McIntyre Lacroix. This whole name relates to Jesus! Jordan - the River of Jordan is where Jesus was baptized (the beginning) McIntyre - Son of Carpenter, Jesus was a carpenter with his father (the middle) Lacroix - is a cross, and that is where Jesus died. (The end, death.) I found this all too weird, I don't know how my parents did not realize this! But yeah ... second coming of Christ is already here! lol.

I'm pretty sure I already explained some of my interest on my introduction page... but if you didn't read it I can easily sum it up as I am a gamer, writer, musician, and a movie guy. I guess I can discuss some of the minor interests. I drink alot of pop, mostly Root Beer! I always leave a tiny bit of milk in the bag so I don't have to change it! I like lots of Ketchup with my french fries. I like eggnog! I hate diet pop, cannot stand the taste! eww! Mushrooms are gross. I hate cold weather but like the snow. I hate it when the computer is slow. The wall beside my computer is full of weird drawings, and words. I'm pretty sure this is getting boring so I will move onto something a little more interesting.

I'm thinking of getting into filming. I could direct and write my own scripts, and since I watch alot of movies, and play alot of video games, and have tons of music, I know how things should be. I'm going to be writing some screenplays soon, I might post up some of my older short stories first though. The only problem is that I like writing serious action and horror which is hard to film in low budget, also most of my friends only like comedy. Plus no one has the time pretty much. It's something I would really like to try because I think I might be good at it, and could be something I can chose to do as a career! I'm on my last year of High School, and apparently I am suppose to know what I am doing for a career but I don't. Any suggestions?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:34 am
WaterVyper says...

Hi! Sorry, but I missed your original introduction. Well, you like filming? That's cool, since I'd never be able to be that organized. Yeah, I understand how you feel. All of my friends get obsessed with books/movies that include 'hot guys' while I'm left alone with my dark fantasy and miscellany.

Ah well. Moving aside from that, maybe you could be a screenwriter. I mean, just writing the scripts. Directing seems like a lot of responsibility. Or possibly, you could start with a stageplay. But if you're doing action, then screenplay would fit much better. Sorry that I couldn't be much help.

Anyway, nice to meet you! See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:30 am
BeckFletch. says...

Hey there,

So you're the gamer, writer, musician, movie guy? Awesome! I am the writer, musician, movie girl, with a little bit of gaming experience. If you want to talk to another gamer, go to my little brother. He never gets of the X-box, play station, computer or Wii.

We share a bit in common. I also like pop but where I'm from we call it fizzy drink (that's if it's the same thing I'm thinking of XD), I never finish the milk in the bottle, but that's usually just to piss my brothers off, I DETEST diet fizzy drink and mushrooms :s and I hate it when my computer is slow!! BUT... I don't like tomato sauce with my hot chips, I have never had eggnog before, I do hate the cold but have never even seen snow and the wall beside my computer doesn't have anything on it.

Filming sounds AWESOME!! I would love to do something like that, more directing sort of thing. You should definitely do something like that a University (or college, I don't know), something like a filming course maybe or a writing course if you want to write the scripts more. Even a drama course might help. But definitely do something along those lines especially if it's something you're really into. Or you could take a year off and do camp America or travel or something.

I know how you feel about the whole "How the hell am I supposed to know what I want to do for the rest of my life" sort of thing. I'm going into my second last year of school and we choose all our subjects for the last two years of school BUT you have to make sure you do the subjects that will get you into the course you want to do at Uni (college) because if you don't do a subject required you can't get into the course (i don't know how it is for you so there's a quick lesson on the Victorian school system in Australia.) So they pretty much made us decide what we were doing last year. I still have no idea. haha. By the way sorry if that made no sense haha. :p

Anyway, I think I've blabbed on about nothing for long enough. I look forward to reading some of your scripts Mr. gamer, writer, musician, movie guy. It was nice meeting you.

BeckFletch. xx

P.s. Uncreative names are the best way to go!!
'The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, The more I will respect myself' - Jane Eyre, Charlotte Brontë.

'The Answer to the Great Question... Of Life, the Universe and Everything... Is... Forty-two,' said Deep Thought, with infinite majesty and calm.
— Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy