z

Young Writers Society

Meow is new here!!!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:01 am
Meow says...

Meow!!! And no, Meow is not a cat even though she sounds like one. Meow is a wolf. Weird name for a weird wolf. Wolf! Anyway, Meow just wanted to say hi, and to say that she could really use some friends. It's lone;y with no one special to talk to personally!!! :cry: Anyone want to be friends? I'm all ears!!! *tugs on her cat ears* Well, cya all soon!!! Meow!

<== Hurry and click, before they all die!

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:06 am
Jiggity says...

Meow talks about herself in the third person :shock:

Welcome, Meow, to YWS!!

It's really friendly here and the two main things you should know are as follows: we follow a 2:1 ratio of posts to reviews so make sure you keep that in mind. Also keep the chatspeak to a minimum please.

Otherwise, what do you enjoy writing? Reading? I'm a fantasy buff myself. XD

Anyway, hope you have fun!

PM me if you need anything.

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:22 am
Kalliope says...

Hey Meow,

that's certainly no name I've heard for a wolf before. But one of our budgies named "Mr. Meyer", hence I love names that seem a bit odd. Yay!

First of all I'd like to welcome you to the site. Everyone's really friendly here and I'm sure you'll find bunches of friends on here in no time at all.

Be sure to check out the Rules & Guides and FAQ, if you haven't already. Also there's a really neat article for new members that explains some of the most common questions: Clicky here!

Glad you found your way here!

All the best,
~Kalliope

P.S. If you ever need anything or have a question, just drop me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out =)

[EDIT:] I just had the idea that you might like the Buddy System we have here. There are a lot of great mentors there. It's rght in this forum, just look at the stickies. =)
If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there. - Lewis Carol (1832-98 )

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 26, 2008 1:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

What are your favourite genres? Any favourite books? Did a book in particular inspire your username?

If you need anything, feel free to PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:04 pm
Demeter says...

Hi there, Meow!

Demeter greeted Meow, and is also going to welcome her here in YWS. And because she is not or at least hopes not to be impolite, she is also going to introduce herself.

Her name is Demeter. There, that went rather well, and she is happy to meet a new member of the family. Now she would like to ask Meow a few questions, which go like this:

What is your all-time favourite book?
What is your favourite genre to write?
How do you like YWS so far?

Everyone else has already covered the main things to say, so there won't be quite nothing left for Demeter to say. She is suddenly afraid that Meow would feel somehow offended by Demeter's welcoming message, and would like to assure Meow that she can be annoying at times, but means no harm. Demeter would very much like to be friends with Meow.

She hopes to see you around the site a lot.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:08 am
Gahks says...

Hey there! Gahks would also like to introduce himself and say hi! He says that his name is pronounced 'garks' (not his real one, of course), and also that he hopes you really enjoy being here with us on this wonderful creation. He asks the same questions as Demeter, plus:

Do you have any hobbies or interests? Apart from writing, mine include cycling, swimming, reading English literature and public speaking.

Gahks once again wishes you a warm welcome and merry Christmas, with a lovely festive handshake!

:D
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sat Dec 27, 2008 3:29 am
Clo says...

Hey Meow! Ahh! Your name is so cute. I demand you post a lot, just so I can see your username all over the place. Welcome to YWS!

What sort of things do you like to write? We have a lot of forums here. First, it would be great to check out the Community forums - it's a great place to meet people. For example, the Lounge is great for lounging about (haha) and Randomness has a lot of fun games that can help you get to know new members.

In the Literary forums, there's all kinds of genres for Poetry, and in Fiction there's History, Romance, Science-fiction, Fantasy, Fan-fiction, and Other Fiction. Personally, I like Other Fiction best - you never know how the stories are going to go there!

My purple name means I'm an Instructor - it's my civil duty to give helpful reviews and aid you in your writing and storytelling process! So feel free to PM me. I'm all over the place always and super friendly!

Hope to see you around, meow!

~ Clo
How am I not myself?

10 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:53 am
Meow says...

Thankee for the support! *curties*

Meow hopes to be friends with all of you! ^^

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:41 am
LowKey says...

Ack, no one covered the colors or basics of anything! I'm almost ashamed of the purps now.

Purple People are instructors! The give long critiques, go as in-depth as you can while still keeping the post under five pages long. and can help you with just about any writing-related problem you have. If they can't, they can direct you to the person who can, or the appropriate article in the Knowledge Base. Which, by the way, you should check out. You can find it under the Resources tab up there ^^. Has loads of useful stuff for your writing.

The Blue People are the greeters! They're in charge of greeting new members and making them feel welcome. If you have any questions at all, just go to them and they'll help you out. They're fantastic people, which is why they're greeters. ^_^ Need a crit? Got a question? They're the ones to go to.

The reason you're seeing purple names instead of blue is because there's a war going on. Basically? The greeters and the instructors switched places for a week. From now until the 8th, the greeters will give critiques, and the instructors will greet! In the end, whoever did more work will win the war.

Onward!

The light green people are the Jr. Mods. They're limited to one area of the site, so each area has a group of light green mods. If you have any questions at all, they can help you out. Any problems, they can help you there too. JMs are pretty nice people overall, and they can all get silly at times, so anything you need help with, they can help you, or get someone who can. Amazing people.

The dark green people are the moderators. Unlike the JMs, they have power everywhere on the site. They can lock topics, sticky topics, etc. anywhere at all. They're equally awesome, and, like the JR. Mod Squad, they can help you with just about anything, only more soe, because they're not limited to one section of the site.

The red people are the top of the top. If you ever turn red, you have access to just about everything. The reds are the Admins. They include Meshugenah, Nate, and Firestarter, also known as Jack. Nate's the creator of the site, so if he so chose, he could obliterate YWS with a few clicks of the mouse button. Chances are slim he'd do that on purpose, though, as he's constantly trying to ensure YWS stay up and running. If ever you see him, give him some cheers, as at this point, the man has more coffee than blood in his body and rarely gets a minute to himself between YWS, law school, and work. Mesh and Jack are equally busy people, but have a bit more time on their hands. They're the Junior Admins and keep things running on YWS while Nate's running back and forth between work and school.

Welcome to YWS! Can't wait to see you around the forums!

(Also, I once wrote a character like you... talking in third person. Was awesome.)
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

10 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:16 am
Meow says...

(Also, I once wrote a character like you... talking in third person. Was awesome.)

Did you really Dreamer? Wow. That makes Meow feel so special! ::hugs herself, smiling::

Thankee for the help, by the way, Dreamer. Meow couldn't figure the color codes out. ::blushes:: Anyway, thanks again, and see you around the site!

- Meow

174 Reviews

Reviews: 174
Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:50 pm
lucyy says...

Heyy there, Meow, :smt039 I totally love your name!!

You seem to be getting on well already on here, which is great!! But, I'll give you a bit of an extended tour :wink:

So, you have the Community Forums, which are for general relaxing, hanging out, discussions, and mainly meeting more of us all!! =D There are also Homework Help Forums, and a 'Will Review For Food' Forum, where you can head over and ask the amazing people for reviews =D.

Then there are usergroups that you can join. There's a massive variety: from Harry Potter, to Character Development. Click the 'Groups' link at the top of the page, and you'll be greeted with a massive list (:

Well, I think that's all the important stuff, so I'd love to hear more about you!! (:

Hope you enjoy yourself, and hope to see you around the site sometime :D. PM me if you have any questions or need a review, I'll be more than happy to help you out!! :)
--Lucyy xx
"Don't think, or judge. Just Listen."

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:27 am
Evi says...

Evi thinks that third person is awesome.

A fellow twelve year old! Welcome to the minority, dear. ;) Everyone knows that twelve-year-olds will one day take over the world, right?

Make sure to start a blog of your own, Meow! It's a great way to vent your feelings and just go completely random. Plus, you can decorate it with pretty pictures and cool quotes and stuff. ^_^

Also, check out the Chat whenever it's open! You can meet all kinds of cool people there and make friends really quickly. There are so many YWSers that will share your interests, I'm sure, so start posting away and you'll stumble upon som great writers and great friends!

See yo uaround, dear.

~Evi
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:38 am
Juniper says...

Meow is welcomed by June at YWS!

June wants to be friends with Meow! But, June does not know why Meow pulls on her cat ears if Meow is a wolf. Is Meow really a cat that wants to be a wolf? June doesn't know.

June thinks Meow should know about all of the cool things about YWS. YWS has blogs, where Meow can ramble on and on about anything Meow wants to ramble about.

June thinks that Meow is much wanted and much welcomed at YWS.

June also thinks that if Meow has any questions, Meow can PM June to ask them.

Welcome aboard!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet