z

Young Writers Society

Hi there!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:28 am
PoeticGlow says...

Greetings, Everyone!

I'm PoeticGlow, but you may call me Vincent if you'd like to!

Here's why I'm here: To share my poetry, and view others' beautiful writes!

Looking forward to viewing some beauty!

-PG

(I also can be found at WEbook.com and my username is the same! So, if you're interested in more of my work, look me up there ^_^)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:32 am
Rosendorn says...

Poetry is a very active board in Read & Review. You should be right at home here.

A couple of rules you should know:

YWS has a 2:1 review policy. It's asked that you review two pieces that aren't your own before you post any of your work. It gives everybody a chance to get reviewed.

Try to avoid chat-speak. Some abbreviations are okay, but try to use proper grammar and spelling (and caps).

What are your favourite books? Authors? Do you write any other genres besides poetry?

Welcome to YWS!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:36 am
View Likes
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to the family. since Rosey has told you the two main rules, i won't repeat them.

so, you are in to poetry. i admire you then, because it's not my strongest. i write romance fiction, but i am starting to branch out.

i have the same questions as rosey when it come to books and Authors, but toss music in there as well.

well, hope to see your work around soon.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:00 am
Conrad Rice says...

Welcome to YWS, PoeticGlow. I hope that you will have a wonderful time here on this site. It really is the best place in the world. Good luck with your poems!
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

74 Reviews

Reviews: 74
Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:02 am
View Likes
Sachiko says...

Hi, Vincent! I'm Sachiko, but you can pretty much call me anything you like, so long as its not Fluffy. :wink:

Welcome to the Young Writer's Society!

As Rosey has already very kindly pointed out the rules, I shan't repeat them either. If you have questions though, you're very welcome to PM me, a mod, or a junior mod. ^^ The mod's names are in dark green, and green, respectively.

Hey, sweet! Poetry! I'm not much of a poetry buff myself, although I do like to dabble in Haiku now and again. What types of poetry do you like to write? Lyrical? dramatic? Ones that can be interpretively danced to?

On a parting note, I would just like to say how cool it is that you decided to join YWS. ^_^ We're always looking for new members!

I hope to see you around the forums!

Sachiko ^_^
"Funniest Member -- Sachiko. Secretly the devil. Do not engage. I repeat, do not engage." -- Iggy

"Behold ye babes of grammar: the goddess Sachiko. She does what she wants." -- Lauren2010

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:36 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

I like your username. :]
Salutations.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:06 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome to the family!

Since the formal part is over and all, I might as well be casual. :)

It seems that you are interested in poetry, I just started writing some about two months ago. So we'll more than likely end up reading and reviewing each others poetry. :)

If you have any questions, let me know. If you need a review, let me know, if you need... Well you get the point. :) Don't be shy. PM me if you want anything. :)
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:33 pm
JabberHut says...

Hey, 'sup? 8)

Welcome to YWS! I'm Jabber Hut, your hostess for these few seconds. If you have any questions regarding your brief tour that is about to pass, feel free to ask now or later. ^_^

First of all, I must mention how awesome you are for doing poetry. Poets have a tough job, I must say. I am no poet. :lol: Have you ever dabbled in non/fiction? Definitely my area, though sometimes I touch poetry. Maybe I'll find some of your poems and learn some more about poetry. =D

Now, as we begin, we must note that YWS will be like a second home. When you come home and have nothing to do, you will come to YWS.

Entrance Hall: Welcome to YWS! Again! Can't get enough of that. :wink: When you first join, you must always check the front desk (Information Desk) for any announcements our lovely Administrator Nate has to offer. Just as well, the bulletin board posts important information as well such as the Rules and Guidelines of this place. Best get on that. ^_~

Bedroom: Your Profile and My YWS hold your personal information and belongings. Your writing is here, your information is here, your pictures are here, your friends are here--everything is here. And while you're at it, visit the personal diaries of all members including yourself! (Blogs)

Main Level: On the main level, we have a series of rooms. There is the Lounge where us teens like to, kinda... 'hang out' as we like to say. There is also the Randomness where we like to have fun and giggle and stuff. Yeah... Then there's the kitchen! (Will Review For Food.) This room may be your best friend when it comes to requesting reviews as well as locating cries for help (in which case, you are allowed to review others' works). The Instructors (purple names) are more than welcome to review requests, as it is their job to give lovely in-depth critiques. :D

The Office: The Literary forums is what you may have found already. You will post your poetry here (as well as prose, scripts, lyrics, etc.) in hopes of reviews or just to show off your awesome skill. 8) I'd link you, but there's too many links. xD

The Cult(s): The Usergroups is where you can join multiple groups or cliques on the site. You can discuss hobbies and/or interests with others on the site, even interests outside of writing! =D

That is the general outlook of YWS. There are more specifics, but if I give anymore in this post, it will be 5,000 pages long. Mods would hunt me down. >_> But! If you have any questions about the site, I am most definitely available as well as the other members. Greeters (light blue names) are more than welcome to questions, as they're kind of like your mentors here. But Junior Moderators (light green) and Moderators (green) are available for assistance.

Oh, and I didn't know this for, like.. ever, but the orange people are Distinguished Members. They've been on the site for ages, basically. :wink:

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Tue Dec 16, 2008 3:42 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hi Vincent!!!! Lovely username. I'm a huge poetry buff myself. It's definitely my favorite thing to write, and review.

So, rules have been covered... and Jabber gave you the hugely grand tour. So, I just want to say welcome, and this is going to be a fantabulous experience for you. The poetry forums (like all our writing forums) are very active.

Do you like to write other things too, by the way? Or is it all poetry all the time? I've dabbled in other things, but poetry remains my baby. :P

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing you around the site. I'd love to help out if you ever wanted to ask for a review (I have a Will Review for Food thread, or you can PM me), and if you have any questions about anything, I'm always around; don't hesitate.

Hope you're having fun!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Talent is something that comes from within; it has nothing to do with age.
— AURORA