z

Young Writers Society

Hewo ^_^

Reviews: 0
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:09 pm
Mia-x-Laydiie-Kawshuz-x- says...

heyya gorgeous ppl lol well i dont know but still ^_^

i'm Mia, annd well i just found this place today n thought i'de join, ermm i havent read books in a while (no idea why) but i'm going to try find good stuff here to read, but i do write, poems and stories, i got a bit of a bad habbit of going far writing a book then giving up, feh, new aim is to complete a full one, anyway in a bizzle ppl! i'de like to hear from you lot ^-^ take care xxx

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:26 pm
View Likes
Jiggity says...

Hola! Welcome to YWS

Hopefully, you'll have fun here and learn a lot about writing; we're all about friendly improvement.

Don't be afraid to tell us more about yourself, we're all a friendly bunch.

Cheerio
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:32 pm
View Likes
Squall says...

Hello Mia and welcome to YWS.

Don't worry, I haven't read in ages (besides the work on YWS). I'm more of a gamer lol.

So what stories and poems do you write?

And by the way, you might not to want to use chat speak here. There are members in here that will destroy you for not using proper spelling and grammar.

Take care.

Andy.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:45 pm
View Likes
Nutty says...

There are members in here that will destroy you for not using proper spelling and grammar.

Geez, Squall, you make us sound all scary! Don't worry, we won't destroy you. But as he said, try and use proper grammar. The members on here are mainly friendly and helpful people. :)

Anyway, tell us about yourself. What are your interests? Hobbies?

Anyway, welcome to YWS. Make sure you check out the rules under 'Help and Support' on the top right corner of the page, and overall, make sure you have fun ^^

PM me if you have any questions.

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:57 pm
Conrad Rice says...

Welcome to YWS, Mia.

I hope that you find your stay here to be most enjoyable, and that you learn a lot about writing in the process. :)
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

143 Reviews

Reviews: 143
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:29 pm
anti-pop says...

Hi, Mia :)

Welcome to YWS! Remember, you have to post at least two reviews before you post anything you've written, ok?

Don't worry, if you stay here your book will be finished in no time! Everyone here is really nice and helpful. We only want you to improve in your writing! :D

See you around!

*anti-pop
...Bitter cold, it grows
changing holds
cynicism the new norm...

-Libretto

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:39 pm
Juniper says...

Hey there!

Nice to meet you! You can call me June :)

You just joined the most awesome forum around! And you're right about the gorgeous people! The people that lurk around here are especially beautiful (that is, except for I.).

Don't mind Squall! He is nice when you get to know him, he is just slightly tired from spending all of his time on YWS instead of sleeping. But he is right, we prefer not to use chatspeak. Regular things like, lol and brb are allowed, but nothing more "lyk really?? omgzz! thtz awsme!" That's un-allowed.

We have a 2:1 policy here too, which simply means that for every one piece of work you post, you should have reviewed two pieces by someone else.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or anyone else around here! I'm looking forward to reading your work soon!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:06 pm
Night Mistress says...

hey,

welcome to the family.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:08 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hey, you got that right. The people here are gorgeous (well, I know I am.) :)

Welcome to YWS. Check out th rules and you'll be on your way. I can't wait to see what you can post.

So, if you have any problems PM me, I'll be glad to help. I'm also free to chat to.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:12 pm
Rosendorn says...

This place is great motivation to finish any work. Because once you start posting, most people want you to keep going.

Whew! I'm not alone in my non-readingness (made up a word there, I know!). Published works bleed into my own work too much. Strangely, YWS stuff has the opposite effect.....

You will learn to love Squall, especially if you're a fantasy author (like me). Sometimes a good tearing up of your work is exactly what you need.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:48 pm
Wiggy says...

Heeeey Mia! Welcome to YWS! I'm really glad you joined! This place is utterly fantabulous, as I'm sure you'll soon see for yourself. :) There's literary and community forums, usergroups galore, and tons of other activities. The best part's definitely the members, though. When I first joined, I was so flattered by the welcomes that I stayed. And I'm awful glad I did. :) Drop me a line sometime over pm, and hope you enjoy your stay here!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

Deal with the faults of others as gently as with your own.
— Chinese proverb