z

Young Writers Society

hello all

Reviews: 4
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:45 am
AGITE says...

hello one of my friends suggested this site to me. and so far i am enjoying it. its great to be able to post writings and to be advised on what is needed to improve. a small introduction, i live in northen CA and i mean northen northen not san fan northern lol. it is absolutely amazing here. i myself injoy snowboard raceing and bmx biking. i have not been writing for very long i would say no more than a year. so there is soo much i have yet to learn. and all your help is very helpful (=
:|WE ALL DESERVE|:

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:52 am
Juniper says...

Hey there!

Welcome aboard. Your friend did the best thing ever by recommending us. We're full of nice, friendly people.

Be sure to read the rules! We have a 2:1 policy here, which means that before you post one of your works, you should have reviewed at least two peices by someone else. Thus, throughout your life on here, you will be reviewing two peices of work for every one you post :).

Northern California? Wow! That's cool! You like snowboarding? Snowboarding rocks all the way! I prefer skiing, but snowboarding is so much fun. BMX biking is one of the most amazing sports, too. Do you BMX? Or do you just enjoy watching it? (Personally I only watch it-- I used to BMX, but after wrecking my ankle, I quit)

I'd like to see some of your work! It doesn't matter how long you've been writing, in no time you can become the best writer around. We all have a lot to learn, so don't feel bad. Make yourself at home! If you need anything, feel free to PM me or drop a message in my guestbook :D.

Welcome aboard!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:40 am
Jiggity says...

Indeed, welcome aboard!

I've already seen some of your stuff and reviewed. Glad to hear you like it here; we're all about friendly improvement.

Luck with it,

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:31 pm
Rosendorn says...

Welcome!

Just another rule, and then everything's been covered. No chat-speak. That mean proper caps and staying away from most abbreviations. A few are okay, as long as they are used sparingly or easy to translate.

Any genre in particular you like to write in yet?
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:50 pm
Kaylyn says...

Its nice to see that you have jumped right on in to YWS.

YWS users are mostly nice people. (I think that a few may bite.) :)

The rules have been covered, so really, I can say nothing more.

If you have any questions, PM me. I'll be happy to answer or help you anyway I can :)
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:58 pm
Night Mistress says...

welcome to the family.

so what do you write? romance, fantasy, etc.

and what do you like to read?

well, if you need anything including friendship, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:39 am
Wiggy says...

Sup Agite? I'm Wiggy, and I'm really glad you joined! You've already got my attention--snowboarding, seriously? I've always wanted to try it, but I don't live in a place that has snow year round. :P (Yeah Missouri and unpredictable weather!) Is it really hard? How long have you been doing it?

Hey, don't worry about not writing for very long. This site is all about improvement, and we'll help you as much as you need. Everyone's simply exquisite (oh, I just love that word!) here, and you'll find that out soon enough for yourself as you continue to come back. :)

Welcome to YWS--enjoy your ride aboard the crazy train! *spaz attack*

PM me if you have any questions! :)

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 am
Demeter says...

Hi, Agite!

How are you? Who's your friend, then, if he/she recommended this site? :D I believe he/she's also a member of YWS? ;)

Well, have fun and PM me anytime you have a question or need a review or just want to talk! :lol:

See you around, then!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:41 pm
JabberHut says...

Hey, Agite! Welcome to YWS! :D

Wow, you snowboard? That is so cool! I'm afraid to try it, but props to those who can do sports in the cold! xD

And no worries. When I first joined, I was the amateur of YWS, I'm sure. Now, I'm not an amateur... though I'm not the best either. xD Still working out the kinks, but point is: We welcome all talent here. You will improve in a jiffy. Just watch. :wink:

So do you write stories with snowboarding in them? Or BMX Biking? You surely have a lot to say about the two. A character could easily do one of those sports. In fact, what do you write? Fiction? Poetry? I'm not much of a poet, but I do enjoy reading it once in a while.

Looks like the chatspeak rule has been mentioned (also in the rules, but surely you've read them already :wink:). This includes proper capitalization (I's too) and decent grammar. Sure, you may not know all about commas, but as long as you're trying. We are all writers, so YWS encourages good grammar and spelling around the site. That's the philosophy behind it. (Lol's are still good!)

Have fun on YWS! I look forward to seeing you around. Greeters (the light blue) are welcome to questions, though really any colored member is available for assisting. ^_^

Enjoy!

Jabber, the One and Only!
I make my own policies.

Edna began to feel like one who awakens gradually out of a dream, a delicious, grotesque, impossible dream, to feel again the realities pressing into her soul.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening