z

Young Writers Society

Hi I'm Alex

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:18 am
AlexMc says...

Hi there, my name is Alex.

A friend you could say referred me to this forum saying it is a better place to be so here I am !

Well I am 14, from Australia and of course male. So I look forward to finding out about who you are.

Cheers,

Alex

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:26 am
Nutty says...

Welcome, Alex! Your friend is right. This is a great place to be. Have a cookie! Hehe.

A few rules- Make sure (though I see from your post this won't be a problem) that you don't use chatspeak.
-Please try and do two reviews for every story/poem/other work you post. This is a site about helping everyone we can.

The other rules can be found elsewhere on the site.

Anyway, tell us about yourself. What do you like to write? What are your interests? Knock yourself out, there are plenty of friendly, helpful people here.

If you have any questions, flick me or any of the greeters (blue names) instructors (purple names, like me) or Junior mods (lime green) a PM, we'll all be happy to help. If you have something more serious, go to one of the moderators (dark green).

Anyway, have a great time on YWS. Hopefully I'll see you around, maybe critique some of your writing ^^

-Nutty
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:05 am
AlexMc says...

Hi there Nutty,

good to see a quick reply :P

And for you to know, yes I have read up on the rules and already began putting my two sense in for someone already.

Anyway, tell us about yourself. What do you like to write? What are your interests? Knock yourself out, there are plenty of friendly, helpful people here.

If you have any questions, flick me or any of the greeters (blue names) instructors (purple names, like me) or Junior mods (lime green) a PM, we'll all be happy to help. If you have something more serious, go to one of the moderators (dark green).

Well I am not sure what there is to tell. I will just talk about how I started with my writing/reading. I guess I started reading with Harry Potter but what actually hooked me into fantasy was Christopher Paolini's Inheritance series. being the first actual fantasy book I read I thought it was great but now see that even though I still enjoy the cycle, it is to much like other books/novels. What got me into writing was that, well, I wanted to read something that I wanted, but I couldn't seem to find it. So I decided, how about I start writing my own? Since then I have actually written a 117 page unfinished novel for the first of a series of seven. But leaving it for a few months and coming back to it I saw sooo many problems with it I have let it go and started on a new idea [My millionth] which I will be posting somewhere down the track for critiquing [but not until I have reviewed other's work :P]

What I prefer to write is fantasy, science fiction and down the track I might change but for now it is what I feel comfortable in.

Interests include sleeping, eating, bodyboarding, sports, reading and of course writing.

And on the help note, it is ok. I have been on many forums before so I can find my way around easy, but thank you.

Yes, look forward to seeing you more in the future.

Cheers,

Alex

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:14 am
Nutty says...

Sweet as, just gotta check, y'know? Can't have people getting lost.
Kudos to you for reading the rules, and I saw you had critiqued, great! I like you already :wink:
Just so you know, it's two cents, not two sense. (sorry, am in Instructor mode)
You've been writing for a while then? I look forward to reading your work.

I also write fantasy, and have tried my hand at Sci-fi. My problem is I have ideas and keep starting new stories without getting very far. ><; I'll get there in the end.

Have fun 'round YWS, I'm sure you'll be an asset to the site :wink:
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:24 am
AlexMc says...

Two cents? Ah guess I've already been picked up on. For a while? Yes, you can say that. Though I don't think I have gotten good up until half way through the year. I find it easier when you have people on the internet give opinions on your work instead of family, well mine as they are toooooo encouraging.

Ahh I see we share the same problems, I have a folder full of unfinished attempts which I doubt I will return to. Yes, I hope we will both get there in the end.

Thanks, I'd say the same to you.. but it would be stupid.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:21 am
Someguy says...

Yo Alex welcome 2 YWS. Your friend is cool and knows what he/she is talking about :lol: 8) :? :idea: :?: :!: :evil: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway hope you enjoy it here!
Look at my big shiny shell...

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:07 am
Jiggity says...

Welcome!

Dude, the Aussie contingent on YWS is growing ever stronger, soon we will dominate the world!!

...I mean...

ah...

spread love and peace....with, the, you know...

penguins and stuff.

*shifty eyes*

Nice to meet ya,
Sinister Jiggle
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:17 am
Demeter says...

Alex! Welcome!

Ooh, great, another Aussie. Australia's great. I'd like to go there sometimes. Anyways, good to have you here.

If you need a review or anything, just PM me. I'm here... well, quite often. Every day. I think. [/has no life] Wait! YWS is life! Yay!

Sorry 'bout that :P

So I'll see you. Have a blast!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:42 pm
Stori says...

You like sleeping? Can you teach me how to sleep? ;) Never mind. Is it nice, living in Australia? What part of the country do you live in?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:49 pm
Rosendorn says...

Yes! Another Inheritance fan! Strangely enough he also started me into fantasy/writing. Although I gave up on writing a dragon story a looooooong time ago.

Heh, yeah. I think all of us here have a file-full of works that will never see the light of day! But one thing I have discovered is never to throw them out. I've recycled one of my old ideas into a new one. I'm not working on it now, it's outlined. That's enough. I have 16 novels for eventual writing, and right now my current one is up. If you don't mind a major dose of romantic fantasy, then check it out. Otherwise.....

Questions covered, rules covered, all that's left is:

Welcome!
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:41 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:44 am
AlexMc says...

Hey all, thanks for the welcome. to answer and reply to most of you. YES Australia! Also I am from New South Wales.

To Rosey,

Meh I just don't see any good of them just as yet [attempts at stories].

And also Night.. Is that an automatic greeting? Nutty already clarified all that earlier in the thread..

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:47 pm
Juniper says...

Welcome Alex! Good to see another awesome member around here! Wow, you're from New South Wales? How cool! One of my good friends live there now. I'm jealous of the palm trees that grow down there. New York has no palm trees; only ghetto palms.

I believe you have been informed of the rules already. If you obey them nothing happens :). If you don't I believe un-good things happen, but I wouldn't know; I prefer to stick to the rules, haha.

So, I hear it doesn't snow there unless you go to the mountain tops... and some place in the north of Aussie. Is it always hot there?

I have to say, your avatar makes me laugh. It's so cool; it looks like he's horrified because someone was approaching it to peel it, haha.

If you have any questions or just want to talk, feel free to PM me or anyone else!

Welcome aboard!

June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:33 pm
AlexMc says...

Yeah only a couple places in which it snows in down here. Usually hot but at the moment.. I think it is going to rain.

How is it over in the USA?
I will never let you fall,
I will stand up for you forever.
I will be there for you through it all,
Even if saving you sends me in heaven.
~ Your Guardian Angel - The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Dec 04, 2008 1:02 pm
Kaylyn says...

Welcome!

I am also addicted to the Inheritance and Harry Potter books (even though I love twilight more.) Have you read Brisingr yet?I did, it was great!
So if you have any problems send a pm my way.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket