z

Young Writers Society

Hey, I'm new...

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:19 am
Jordan Lacroix says...

Hello young writers, I am new to the site. So, yeah, where to start...

I kept it simple and used my real name as my user name, Jordan. I am seventeen years old, and I am on my last year of high school. I have been writing for almost two years now. Oddly enough I haven't read that many books, I got inspired to become a writer from some video games I play such as, Killer7, Silent Hill 2, and Metal Gear Solid series. I also enjoy movies, and comedy shows. I write suspenseful action, and psychological/philological horror. I also like to get into fantasy/adventure. I suck at writing comedy, and don't have much of an interest in writing science fiction. I am also a musician which I compose my own songs on my Guitar Pro 4 program, and I actually play the guitar as well. I post up some of my stuff on my Youtube account, HippieJordan, well who doesn't have a Youtube account these days. I am looking forward to reading some of other young writers stories, I actually don't know anybody my age that writes for the fun of it, some of my friends actually don't even understand why I write. But yeah, I hope you people enjoy my stories as well. I finished my best short story yet two months ago, I will eventually post it up, once I make two reviews since that is the rule around here apparently? I feel really proud of this story, I worked very hard on it, took five months, planning, and writing. Oh yeah, I'm a guy by the way, just in case you're wondering.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:26 am
Stori says...

Who doesn't have a YouTube account? I don't. Anyway, welcome to the site.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:08 am
moon jumper says...

Welcome to YWS! You must keep a 2:1 ratio between review and posts.

If you need any help PM me!

~jumper :smt026
Writing once a day keeps the voices away, and I've created a blog all about it: Daily Dose.
...and I'm now trying to create a user group based on the idea! Tell me if you're interested!

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:38 am
Adnamarine says...

Er me? Don't have a youtube account. :P

I love it when people have already read the rules. :) You're gonna fit in awesomely. So mostly action and horror? Cool. :) I know you said videogames got you into writing; I wasn't really sure what kind of stories video games would generate. :P I've never been able to get into horror much, but I really like fantasy, which you said you write also?
You know if you ever want a review, I'd be quite happy to oblige. ;)

I hope you're liking YWS already!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Reviews: 3
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:49 am
misspyschorocker says...

I have a youtube account, I just don't post stuff on there :P

Anyway, just read the rules and you'll do fine.

PM me if you need anything!
"There is not a thin line between love and hate. There is -- in fact -- a Great Wall of China with armed sentries posted every 20 feet between love and hate." -House

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:25 am
Demeter says...

Hello Jordan!

Welcome to YWS, I'm Demeter. Nice to meet you.

I have a YouTube account, too :D But I haven't uploaded any videos, I just watch them.

Well, see you around, then! PM me if you have any questions or need a review!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:57 pm
Rosendorn says...

Comedy shows, eh? Who/what's your favourite?

I like Ron James, Jeff Foxworthy and Jeff Dunham to name a few. Oh! Danny Bohy (what a name!) and Tommy Ternen are on my favourites list as well. As for shows, Just for Laughs and Air Farce are the top. Then I get science-y with Mythbusters.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:21 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:35 pm
mnesomeye says...

Hi, I'm new too. Nice to meet you. ^_^
~ Mnes x

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:20 pm
Jordan Lacroix says...

Thanks everyone.

To Rosey Unicorn, I like alot of comedy shows and movies, which is weird because I thought I could be great at writing comedy since I've seen so much, but no my comedy writing is usually dull or stupid. That's why I just stick to Action and Horror. My favorite cartoon show for sure is South Park. And my favorite regular comedy show would possibly be Seinfeld. Jim Carey is my favorite actor.

To Adnamarine, I would love to get into fantasy adventure, I did have some plans for a story in that genre, but I just didn't get it started for some reason. I love the movie Spirited Away, and I'm also a Zelda fanboy. Adventure fantasy is defiant;y something I liked to get into. I have a booklet where I write down whatever ideas come to mind, I'm just kind of a slow writer.

To Night Mistress, my favorite book would have to be the Thief Lord. The genres I like are action, adventure, horror, fantasy, and comedy.

I understand the rules pretty good now, seems simple to know.
"Love can be seen even through the darkest of times" - The Spiteful Figure.

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:23 pm
Antigone Cadmus says...

South Park is amazing!!! :)
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore