z

Young Writers Society

About springrain2693

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:27 pm
Juniper says...

Hey =)

I finally got up the nerve to type up a long rant about myself. This is totally not the type of thing I am used to; and even though I never mean it in that way, it seems self centered.

I am June. My real name is not June, June is merely a nickname graced to me after the month I am born in. To some people I am Kiki, to others, Lo, but the one I prefer most is June. To be honest, I have so many nicknames; its so hard to keep track to the point where it isn't even funny anymore.

Anyway, moving on. I am currently 15 years old and a senior in high school. It's a long dragged out process to explain, so I'd rather not, but to summarize, I started school a year earlier than most, and skipped 11th grade. There are reasons behind that, but trust me, they're all boring.

I love animals! Whenever I find a stray friendly animal, I say to my parents, with a puppy eyed expression; "Aww, please can we keep it? Look at 'em, they look so helpless." It works with cats, since we already have so many, but never with any other animal. I was once trying to bribe my parents into adopting a white turkey with blue neck feathers and a voice like a broken chainsaw. They thought I had gone crazy... I currently have some large amount of cats. It's painfully hard to keep count of them, but I love them each to bits, and I can tell right away when one is missing. I become really paranoid when one doesn't show up for the evening meal... I treat my cats like Children. Only thing is they're on a strict diet and work out session now... I mean, I know winter is coming, but they're getting fat. And no, no, don't worry, none of the cats live inside except for my cat Mooshoo (named after the awesome dragon on Mulan), but we found out "he" was a girl and whatever, so she's now Masha. Confusing much; and she's a really mean kitty. She doesn't like other cats-- obviously because she thinks she's human-- and she sits on my lap or keyboard when I type.

I am the third in a line of 10 kids. Yes, ten, but there are only 8 of us alive now. Big families are fun in my opinion, because you are never lonely... just annoyed 50% of the time. It's pretty typical to hear me roar at someone at least once a day. Well, okay, I don't roar as much anymore, but whatever. We do almost everything together, not entirely by choice, but because we are the only family we have. No matter how much we wreck each others nerves, we still love each other. Grudges scarcely last more than an hour, but the most is a day... and that's a stretch.

Someone once told me that the only word that can describe me is "indescribable". How fun. I think I am pretty simple, once you get to know me, and I don't change much. My outward approaches might change eventually, but the inside of me doesn't alter from who I am.
I have a boring appearance as well; Curly black hair that comes to my shoulders thanks to an awesome haircut, black eyes that are neither too big nor too small, a horrible nose, and a thin lanky body around 5'9... no matter how hard I try, I can't get any form to it, leaving me to fall victim to peoples comments.
I don't know what to say about my personality. I guess one could say I am a nice person. I like to listen, more than speak, but I am very talkative. Finding what to talk about is hard for me, but if you get me going, I wouldn't stop. Ironically, people have said to me that I am a great person for making small talk. I think not.
I do have a bad temper! I think everyone who thinks of me as nice should know that about me, because my mother and sisters insist that if I am always sweet with my friends and reveal not my bad side, then I am being dishonest. Of course they don't mean to bellow at my friends for absolutely nothing, but I say that you all should know. And it only comes out to people other than my sisters when you offend me. I don't take much things personally, but if you offend my family, you're making a mistake. I am working on my temper though, and it is so much better now than it was when I was thirteen.
To most people, I appear to be a carefree person. I have had many people ask me;
"How do you do it?"
"Do what?" I say, it always perplexes me how people can ask such an indefinite question and expect a definite answer.
"Live so... carefree! You act as if..." You get the idea. I don't live carefree... I try not to let the things that bother me most get the better of me, until I am all alone and can cry it out in a poem. I don't cry tears often. It takes a lot for that; but if I am angered or remembering what i refuse to remember, I have to let it out in a poem or some other piece of writing.
And I am also a scatterbrain. I am perfectly capable of recalling a moment that happened years ago while forgetting that my father just gave me the car keys and I left them on the kitchen counter. Meanwhile everyone is running around the house in search of them and when discovered I feel extremely stupid.
Many people don't understand me-- and I'm okay with that. It's easy for me to understand people (Although there are some things about people I just don't get!) But I am a pretty confusing person, so I am just blah.

I don't really care how people look at me. I am content as who I am. I refuse to change myself, unless it's for the better. I also refuse to change myself for anyone ;). I appreciate all that I have and am grateful for everything I have ever had in life. Bad things have and will happen, but I always try to find some sort of moral in them.

Gah, I sound like some kind of wise, old person. Moving on.

I started writing when I was 8. I began with short stories that make no sense, and then started with poetry around 9. It was around 10 when I realized how much I was in love with writing, and for the past 5 years I proceeded to waste paper scrawling in useless words and scratching them out with red pens. I have kept most of my writings, but last winter when I wasn't in my correct state of mind, or whatever you would like to say, I cast most of them into the fireplace, in the hopes of destroying memories. I was so foolish in doing that... it didn't help.

I rant a lot and talk a lot as is obvious. But, aside from those things, I love sports. I actually prefer to be outdoors rather than indoors, so I am always trying some new sort of activity. I can honestly say that I love most sports (except for football, wrestling, golf, and bowling) and play them often... I love water and winter sports, and the region I live in is perfect seeing that I get enough time in each season to play them at will... not that I am any good.

I sing and dance too. My singing is like... a wounded bird. Everyone always said that I would be a singer and I don't know why! It's not something I would base my life around... I sing while doing the dishes or showering, when no one can comment on my voice :P. It's not that bad, but it's not good. Honestly. But that doesn't concern me. The drums are the only instruments I can say I am good at, but I try a few other things once in a while.

As for my dancing, I am okay. I never spent enough time on a certain dance to perfect it. But I have taken various types from around the world as well as classics and the fun stuff. But, above all, my all time favorite is breakdance. That rocks my socks.

And also! I am famous for injuries! I have only broken two bones, both in my foot, so I can almost say I haven't broken anything. But I am constantly spraining some part of me and now my mother regards it all with dull interest. She's used to my antics.

And, as most of you know, I draw a lot too... I can't draw if my mind is vague... that's what poetry is for, but the image I want has to be extremely clear in my mind.

-Thinks-
I am also famous for writing ridiculously long letters. Few people haven't had to take breaks while reading them. I hate my handwriting too; it looks as if a chicken scratched it all.

I can't stand bragging; It doesn't make anyone look good, so I prefer if everyone left it off.

I "almost" drive... I don't have my license or anything, but I should be getting it... soon, hopefully. I do drive now, and have my own beautiful car. She's a classic benz.

I tend to name inanimate stuff and give every animal a name.
People tell me I am overly formal. I think not. Over computer I am slightly less formal than in person.

People have told me I am very brave (no need explaining, I have no interest)

And most importantly, I am a night owl. -hoots- I am known for staying up 'round the clock. Mother says that I don't tire. She says I keep going at full energy and then suddenly crash to the nearest flat surface. That's an exaggeration, but still. I also don't like mushy pillows. Yuck.

Anyway! I am SO tired, I have little idea of what I typed. If I have left anything out, feel free to ask here, and sorry for wasting minutes of your time ranting about my dull life.

With all due respect
June
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:00 pm
Stori says...

You aren't kidding... that is long. And ten kids! My family has seven.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:09 pm
BigBadBear says...

XD, June, you're awesome, Seriously. I'm so glad that we're friends. You're probably the fastest writer ever. I mean, whenever we WW for 30 minutes, you zoom right ahead and clunk out 2k before I can even get to 1k!

Anyway. What was I saying?

I'm tired too. We should make a Sleeping Usergroup, where we can talk about how much we like to sleep.

-Jared

EDIT: Haha. I just reread that last part that you wrote, where it says you don't like to sleep. So never mind on that usergroup thingy.
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:32 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

This was long. But don't worry, it was interesting to read you're "rant".
I did not know you had seven brothers and sisters O.O If I did, then I wouldn't have like, nearly fainted.
Well anyways, June you are awesome, and amazing, and well, don't "undermind" yourself. xD (inside joke)

You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:33 am
WaterVyper says...

Wow, seven siblings? How can you stand it? I'm almost insane from having two of them. Of course, insanity is a good topic for writing but... Anyway, it's nice to know more about you. What specific sports do you like? For me, just plain tae-kwon-do. Everything else is too complicated. Anyway, hi! I think I should have said that at the beginning.

Singing and dancing, hm? I like singing, but only when nobody else can hear. Dancing, not so much. Tripping and falling really isn't that high on my 'Want to do' list. But playing musical instruments is always fun. Piano and violin especially. Do you have any favorite songs?

Well, methinks thats it. Bye!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:30 am
fluteluvr77 says...

Whoa, you're right this is really long. Haha, it was interesting though, do you really breakdance?? I wish I could but I would probably end up falling and killing myself...Hehe I'm a klutz :P I'm a night owl too!! I stay up till like 3 in the morning talking to my friends then wake up at like 7 the next day and can't function again till like 11 at night...Whoa, I can't believe you have 7 siblings...I have 1 and I thought WE fought a lot...Hehe, I can only imagine! Anyway, this was really interesting, even though it was long... :P

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:46 am
Incognito says...

Such a long rant... I didn't believe you at first. It seems that it takes everyone a little nerve to right about themselves on here. The one thing I do find creepy about reading about other peoples lives is that I do end up feeling creepy and almost like a stalker. I end up caming self by lurking peoples portfolios, but on the other hand... about you life.

TEN? Holy. I only have six people in my family! I cannot imagine living with 10 brothers and sisters. I give you a pat on the back for living this long without putting a dagger in your chest.

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 am
MeadowLark says...

I only have three other siblings and sometimes...well I'll be truthful a lot of the time, I wish I had more brothers and sisters. And you want to take home stray animals? Aw...my famliy and I rescued an oprhan squirrel...but she got out of her cage a few months later. Oh well. Nice to know more about you June!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:17 am
Antigone Cadmus says...

You're 5'9"? Whoa! :shock:

I just had to comment when I saw that. Be glad... I buy jeans labeled "short" and they are at least three inches too long.

:D
Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?
nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
-Catullus, Carmen 85

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:03 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Oh wow, you are very nearly exactly like me! *dances happily because I found someone like me* You have TEN sibs?! I can hardly live with three! You must have some really good self control.... xD
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:28 pm
Mira says...

June!

I haven't seen this yet. It's super cool to get to know more about you. :) You seem almost like a superhero - saving cats, dealing with siblings, and everything else. ^-^ I would say the injury part would have to go into that category as well.

:)

Smiles!
@;~ Saph
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

You got rid of them. Yes, that's just like you. Getting rid of everything unpleasant instead of learning to put up with it.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World