z

Young Writers Society

Hey There!

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:42 am
Leapy says...

Hey there Im Leapy!

I absolutely love to write and have been writing for about... 8-10 years and wrote my first book at 15 (13 full chapters, sadly it was lost when my harddrive fried...sad day for me). Ive just recently started sitting down to write a novel, Im hoping this time to finish!

I love just about every genre but of course Im a sucker for any type of romance... That's the girl in me!

I also apart of a large RPG forum(post by post kind), which I love, it gives me a new sense of how characters can act without my control, you know?

Well I think that's about it.... I'm open to any questions and I love meeting new people!

~Leapy

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:55 am
Demeter says...

Hello, Leapy!

Welcome to YWS! Before I say anything else, I'd like to remind you to read the rules and other stuff in the Help and Support section. We also have a 2:1 policy, which means that you're supposed to give two reviews toward every piece of a story or poem you post. That way, everyone will keep being happy. :)

Okay. That was the technical part. Do you write other things than novels? And what genre do you like the most? It must've been so horrible when you lost your story... I would've been absolutely devastated!

I'm sure you'll come to love this place. The people are so professional and they really know what they're talking about... at least most of the time. ;) Nevertheless, there is a danger to become addicted to the site, so...

Hmm. Have fun around the site! You can also PM me anytime you have something to ask, or just want to chat. See you!

Demeter xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:13 pm
Kaylyn says...

Hello there!
That would suck. I couldn't stand it if all my work wiped out. I always keep a hard copy and a jumpdrive and save it to several home computers. Yep, I'm paranoid. I'm sorry to hear that you lost it. I wish you the best of luck. If you have any questions, PM me.
As your pretty, so be wise,
Wolves may lurk in every guise.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:27 pm
rubberduck says...

I had a whole novel finished once. It took me months to complete. Then, when the computer was being thrown away, I was trying to save the novel on a disc. It didn't work.
In the end, I lost my whole story. :(

But oh well, I can always rewrite it. ^^

I permanently saved the story's plot in my head, just in case I ever got inspired to write it again. :D

Hope you find the inspiration to rewrite that story you lost if you ever decide to. ^^

Anyway... Welcome to YWS!

The name's Max. I hope you're having a wonderful time on this site!

Alrighty, click here for the rules. ^^

Well then,
Seeya 'round!
:)
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:03 pm
Leapy says...

Demeter wrote:Hello, Leapy!

Welcome to YWS! Before I say anything else, I'd like to remind you to read the rules and other stuff in the Help and Support section. We also have a 2:1 policy, which means that you're supposed to give two reviews toward every piece of a story or poem you post. That way, everyone will keep being happy. :)

Okay. That was the technical part. Do you write other things than novels? And what genre do you like the most? It must've been so horrible when you lost your story... I would've been absolutely devastated!

I'm sure you'll come to love this place. The people are so professional and they really know what they're talking about... at least most of the time. ;) Nevertheless, there is a danger to become addicted to the site, so...

Hmm. Have fun around the site! You can also PM me anytime you have something to ask, or just want to chat. See you!

Demeter xxx

Thank you! Actually I don't think I could ever write a short story...haha, I seem to just keep going no matter what I write. That said, I'm terrible at writing poetry, I really suck at that.

As far as genre's go, I can go from one thing to another quickly- although I like to stick to fantasy things mostly. I'm a sucker for romance so most of my stories always pan out to have some in it.

I already do love this place! Just hope I can find the right place for me... ^_^

Yeah, it was awful losing everything, but even when I had a page to look back over a couple years later (A friend I had given a printed copy too) I realized just how much I ad already improved from then. So even if I did try and pick it back up I would have had to re-write the whole thing over just to compare! So really it made me realize just how much I still had to improve on.
~*Don't Tear Me Down*~

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:26 pm
Chirantha says...

Hi, Welcome to YWS. I'm Chirantha.

As Demeter had already explained the rules and regulations, I won't go throught it again.

Aww, it must have been really sad for you to loose your story. But, I normally wrote every story that came to my mind in books. So, now I have about 12 or so books on my table, all of them still unfinished. :D Me, when I read what I had written when I was little, I really get mad. "As if I would ever think anything like that" I would say. Those times, everytime I read a novel, I get an idea to write a story. And I stop halfway thought.

YWS seems too big to navigate around when you first come, but you'll soon get used to it. You can only post anything in the 'Community' and 'Writing' and you can ge to you private message section in the 'Messages' section. And you can edit you profile, avatar, preferences and etc on 'My YWS'

So, I hope you have fun in this site. And if ever get a problem, PM me.

Good luck. :D
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:05 pm
Alainna says...

Hey Leapy and a big welcome to YWS!! *hands out warm cookies*

That's the good thing about finding some old writing - you realise just how much you've grown up and changed. It's an amazing thing to watch both yourself and other's writing mature.

Any-who, if you need anything at all then feel free to send a pm my way.

All the best and I hope you like it around here,

Alainna
xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:08 pm
Reuben A says...

'eloooooooooo leapy! Well, helooo, others *points accusingly* have given you all the information, so, well, HELOOOOO AND WELCOME!! And...errr...if you need anything, PM me.
So stadig loop ons deur die pers Jakarandas wat val,die bome word kaal Pa staar na die beeld van Botha wat reis op sy perd,Hy wonder was bloed soveel werd.Soveel jare dra hy aan die naam van 'n plek,Soveel jare moet ons nou laat gaan,Is die naam dan so erg,so bitter en sleg?Hoekom gooi jul dit weg?

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:47 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Hey there Leapy! Demeter's already given you a whistle-stop tour of the rules over here, so I won't bore you to tears by elaborating on that.
I think you're going to love it on this website; it really does improve one's writing tremendously. I can truthfully say that when I arrived on YWS my writing was so much worse than it is now, after nearly a year here.
If you like romance then be sure to post any short stories or chapter novels in the Romance Fiction section - you'll be sure to find a host of other romantics at heart there. You love any genre - then we love you. People who are open-minded when it comes to genres are always a breath of fresh air after the somewhat fussier people (myself, I admit.) :D

I hope you love it here.
If you need some help, feel a bit lost or just want to chat, drop me a line in my guestbook or PM me - I'm online almost every day.

Sarah
xxx
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:59 pm
Merry_Haven says...

Leapy-

First off, maybe I should use my save-drive. :wink: I've never really thought about it, but hearing about fried hard drives just scares me. There's no way I want that to happen to me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hi. *waves* Welcome to the yws family. I hope you find this writing (home) very enjoyable. I also hope you have a wonderful time here! :D

For me, personally, I haven't been writing that long. You know when you grow up you want to be this and that, but I never though about writing. The last thing I wanted to be was an FBI agent. Then I decided not too. Writing was too much fun. :D

I'm also currently writing a novel. It's for NaNoWriMo, though. It's a long process but I think I can do it.

Romance? Where? :lol: Romance. Dude, I just gotta have that genre in anything I read or write. It's easy for me to write historical fiction then sci-fi or fantasy. I'm amazed at those who can do it. But, I do have to say...I just hate romance with action and adventure. It just doesn't click--My opinion.

So for you, what's your passion in writing? Poetry, fiction, both? I can't do poetry and I congratulate on those who can. Fiction is just the thing for me.

Well, if you ever wanna chat, you can guestbook me (easier) or pm me.

Off I go...

-Merry

~it was great to know a little about you :) ~
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:35 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

The idea that a poem was a made thing stayed with me, and I decided then that I wanted to be an artist, not just a diarist. So I put myself through a kind of apprenticeship in writing poetry, and I understood even then that my practice as a poet was deeply related to my reading.
— Edward Hirsch