z

Young Writers Society

Bonjour. I go by 'Freak.'

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:10 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Howdy. :D Oh great, now I sound like I'm from Texas. Which I'm not. I'm from England. Yeah that's right, the grey lumpy bit half-way down your map. And that's not to say I don't like Texas. I like Texas. I love Texas. Texas is amazing. America is amazing. God bless America!

Yeah - rambling. It's what I do when I get nervous. *looks around like a rabbit stuck at the headlights.*

Anyway, I’m Sarah, and I'm sorry for re-doing my About Me. The other one is horrendous, and I always feel the need to re-do stuff.
I am 13, I wish I had been born in the 1800s, and I look like a rake.

What else? *scratches beard.* Wait, I have a beard?

I think I'm going to make a list. I love making lists.

I am:
    -Pessimistic.
    -Painfully Shy.
    -Self-Conscious.
    -Obssesive.
    -Freakish
    -Pushover.
Oh yeah, you really want to be my best friend right now. :wink:

Haha; at the moment I probably sound stuck-up, prententious and stand-offish. I can't help it, whenever I write I just come across as that, it's a terrible fault of mine. Aside from that...

I have loved to write since I was about 5. My dad was a writer himself but he really pushed me and ended up destroying all my confidence because he put down every single thing I wrote, even at an extremely young age. As a result, at present I am somewhat of an emotional wreck.

My interests, apart from writing, obviously, are:
    Reading Obsessively (My favourite authors are Thomas Hardy, the Bronte Sisters, Daphne du Maurier, Leo Tolstoy and Jane Austen.) Please tell me if you like a few of them; I love meeting people with similar book tastes.
    Acting
    Languages
    Dreaming
    Movies
Other Not-So-Interesting Facts.

I have a huge addiction to tea; it's fatal. I drink about four cups a day.
Aside from English, I speak French, Spanish and Latin fluently. My dad was an obsessively pushy parent.

I ADORE old films; especially film noir. I've never met anyone my age who likes them. This tends to leave me feeling like a freak. I love Gone With The Wind, I watched it when I was too young to understand it, and loved it ever since. Okay, it's not THAT old, but still.

No-one I know has heard of them but my favourite actors are Laurence Olivier and Ashley Howard. *swoons.* Okay, if you have heard of them ('cause they're pretty ancient), we must be soulmates.

No-one really understands me; well, no-one in my school anyway. I've met a few people on this website who've been totally on my wave-length and I love it. You always meet such lovely people online, but never in real life. :(

I have an slight O.C.D. about crumbs and people putting apostrophes where they shouldn't be. I have a nervous disorder called G.A.D. I don't mind talking about it, if you want to PM me or something.

I like drinking Coca-Cola from glass bottles and making daisy chains.

I read depressing books with tattered covers that no-one has heard of.

I have been given several labels, including "English Nerd," "Dork," and "Freak." I wear these with pride. :wink:

It seems like forever since I've been able to say 'I'm happy' and mean it.

---

Anyway, there's enough of my idiotic waffle. Sorry about the rambling; it's a bad habit.
Talk to me! *waves frantically, hopping up and down.* Haha; I sound so desperate now. Which I am. For some company.

Thanks for perservering.
Sarah
xxx

---Sarah
Had I the heavens embroider'd cloths,
I would spread the cloths under your feet.
But I being poor, have only my dreams,
So tread softly, for you tread on my life.

202 Reviews

Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:28 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Any Questions?
Ask AWAY!
xxx

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:34 pm
Juniper says...

You mentioned Jane Austen! Does this mean you are a fan of one of my favorite books, Pride and Prejudice??
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

202 Reviews

Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:49 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Yes; I adore Pride and Prejudice, like a true Austen Fan.
My favourites, however, are Sense and Sensibility, and Mansfield Park.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:34 am
Mars says...

OH my GOD. I don't know who Ashley Howard is, but I love Laurence Olivier.
Anyway. You used waffle as a verb, which is really cool, that's great. And you're an emotional wreck? Fabulous! Me too!
(Is there any chance your username is a Les Mis reference? (in Les Mis it's actually 'Castle on a cloud' but I was hoping.))
:) :smt003 :smt020 :smt038 :smt039 :smt027 :smt028 :smt019 :smt054 :smt061 :smt119 :pirate3: :!:
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

202 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:25 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

YAY!!!

*dances around neurotically whilst others look on nervously*

You know Laurence Olivier! You know Laurence Olivier! You know Laurence Olivier!

Haha; you can see how desperate I was for a fellow fan.

Ah; emotional wrecks are cool, 'nuff said. :wink:

YES! My username is a 'Les Mis' reference. You're the only person so far who's come up to me and guessed that, everyone else thought it was a reference to some Japanese film.

*huggles*

xxx

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:03 pm
Twit says...

Laurence Olivier and Ashley Howard! If you were male, I'd go out with you.

Have you seen Sleuth? That's one seriously cool movie, and Olivier is so great in it.

And Latin! Neato.

Jane Austen's great, but the Brontes? Ugh. Sorry, but I really don't like those. Wuthering Heights is so depressing. Jane Eyre is kind of cool, with the mad wife who eats her relatives, but that's kind of depressing too, and I saw the film and it freaked me out.

Anyhoo - u r kool. *high fives* :D
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

202 Reviews

Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:31 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Laurence Olivier and Ashley Howard! If you were male, I'd go out with you.

An honour indeed. :wink: But yay! You actually know them?? I love you, TLG!

Have you seen Sleuth? That's one seriously cool movie, and Olivier is so great in it.

I have indeedy seen Sleuth. Sleuth FTW. :lol:

Jane Austen's great, but the Brontes? Ugh. Sorry, but I really don't like those. Wuthering Heights is so depressing. Jane Eyre is kind of cool, with the mad wife who eats her relatives, but that's kind of depressing too, and I saw the film and it freaked me out.

Haha :lol: Everyone always tells me they're way to depressing. I fully agree with you, I must just be a freak of nature or something. I actually like depressing books. I crave them. (: I sound like Edward Cullen now or something. :?

xD Yay! I was proclaimed 'kool.'

I feel special.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:47 pm
Mars says...

Yes! Les Mis is my second-favorite musical! What's your favorite Olivier movie? (mine is The Seven-Percent-Solution)
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

202 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:49 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Favourite Olivier movie?
Hmm..t'would have to be Wuthering Heights, one of his earliest appearances. Or Rebecca, one of his latest appearances. Or Pride and Prejudice; somewhere in the middle of his career.
Arrgh; I can't decide! :D

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:11 pm
PerpetualBhridge says...

Ooh, interesting..

"English Nerd," "Dork," and "Freak." I wear these with pride.

Story of my life.

Languages and Jane Austen, me too!

I like the, well I can't really think of a better way to put it, format of your intro, it's very personal without being creepy. That's a good thing :)

273 Reviews

Reviews: 273
Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:32 pm
Lost_in_dreamland says...

You speak Latin ? :O
Wow! I would love to speak Latin, don't ask. I am just strange :lol:
Someone said they didn't like the Bronte's (sobs) :'(
I guess your entitled to your own opinion though :)
for what are we without words and stories?

202 Reviews

Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:32 pm
CastlesInTheSky says...

Hehe!
I do indeed. I learnt early. It's not good. XD
x

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:27 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

*cracks up at Castle's Edward Cullen comment*

Sorry. I'm in a weird Twilight bashing/adoring phase. It's confusing.

I'm trying so very hard to get through Pride and Prejudice - now I have even more reason! I desperately need to read it. I hear wonderful things about it all the time, but I couldn't get past the first five chapters.

And yay for your reading obsession! And yay for acting! And languages! Although you make me feel quite incompetent because I'm in college and have yet to completely master Spanish.

I don't share very many of your quirks, except for the obsessive apostrophe stuff, and the movie/acting fetish. Although I am one of those people who took a class on Shakespeare during school vacations and listens to angry screamo boy music when I write. Except for right now. Right now it's the Twilight soundtrack - Iron & Wine. (Bashing/adoring. Like I said. Confusing).

Lovely to meet you!

~Sunny
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

Random avatar

Reviews: 4
Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:58 am
CreepDan says...

Hi Freak! I'm Creep!

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers