z

Young Writers Society

Hi, I'm new

Reviews: 1
Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:53 am
Little Texas says...

Hi everypne, my name is Lindie, and I'm new to this site. I have two dogs, a Rough Collie and a Chihuahua, and I'll be gettting a Border Collie puppy next year in January. I also have a horse and a budgie. I'm from NZ, and I'm busy writingat least two good stories and one script. I hope to get plenty of hints in Westerns Adventure, Romance and Action. I love it how so many writers, however young (I'm thirteen) can get together now and share their stories.My hobbie has got to be Pastel Paintings (www.petsnpastel.bravehost.com) dog training and horse riding, all of that and writing stories.

Well, guess thats enough for now :)
Stout hearts might well, dismayed in terror, cower;
But those were Texan hearts that knew no fear.
See---just above the horizon's farthest edge
A lone star rises in the gloomy night;

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:58 am
Carmina says...

Welcome to the site. It's not too scary here. Most of us are pretty nice. Ignore the rest of us. :wink:
I reject your reality and substitute my own

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:03 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I don't think we have a western's forum, not many people write those anymore. It will be nice to see your work for the first time, at least, I hope so.

Make sure to read the forum rules before posting, the FAQ's are always there if you have any questions.

Am I right in assuming that NZ is New Zealand?
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:17 am
Little Texas says...

Thanks. I'm not scared, don't worry. Yes, NZ stands for New Zealand, and it IS a shame that so few ppl write westerns. Well, at least that means that my stories will be original, huh? Ok, well, not all is Western, the rest is romance or adventure based. I'm a Texan at heart, so forth, my name Little Texas. I have a neat little collection of over 60 old Texian poems, and horse poems, and dog poems. Ok, I am writing a story now, but I can't finish it, HELP!!

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:22 am
Snoink says...

Dog poems!

Doggies are so cute. I wanna see them now. :D

Welcome, and please don't let me scare you!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:39 am
DarkerSarah says...

*points* Snoink is scary. :wink: But we like her anyway.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay. If you need any help with anything, or want me to review your work, just PM me and ask!

-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:57 am
Little Texas says...

THanks you two.

Why is snoik scary?
What;s this scared business that everone's talking about?

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:59 am
Areida says...

Texan at heart?! Yay! TexasTexasTexasTexasTexas!! I'm from Texas! Texas is a great place! I love it here.

Oops. Sorry. I'm really really hyper right now because I work in a sno cone stand and I was having irrepressible sno cone cravings, so I ate five. Now I'm on a major sugar high. Heh.

Anyway, welcome to the site, blah blah... I'm Areida! I hope you like it here, and I promise I'm not usually this hyper. Just disregard me until the sugar levels in my body return to normal, which is actually rather frightening anyway.
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:05 am
Little Texas says...

Hi!! I see your a Christian as well as a Texan!! WOW Thanks for making my day! I just got fed up a minute ago about Evolution talk

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:09 am
Areida says...

Welp, if you ever want to just talk then PM me. I'm extremely talkative and I rarely shut up, so if I start rambling and just going on and on and on about absolutely nothing at all, then just give me a little smack on the hand.

Or a cookie. Cookies usually work well for shutting me up. Mmm... I want a cookie now...
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:17 am
Snoink says...

Okay! Okay!

I'm a harsh critic. There!

Don't mind the liberal stuff... you get used to it after a while. :P Plus, it's fun seeing how politics preys on the mind. :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:11 pm
niteowl says...

Hi! I am Niteowl, Official Gift-Giver. Here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:16 am
Sam says...

HEYA!!

I am being very hyper at the moment...so...just pretend this is a sincere, heartwarming welcome. :wink:

BEEF PATTIES AND CHEESECAKES!
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon