z

Young Writers Society

Nice to meet everyone :)

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:07 am
Ethan says...

Hey everyone, I'm Ethan.

I'm really not sure what this site is all about yet, and I'm a bit disoriented - but it looks like a neat forum.

A bit about myself - my favourite TV Shows are Buffy, X-Files, Angel and Battlestar Galactica. I like reading and writing, and I'm in my final year of High School. I don't know what else to say, but yeah, that's just the basics.

Thanks again.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:16 am
Meshugenah says...

We're a writing site! (ok, duh). But the basic idea is that we're a community of writers who like to help each other with their work! Thus our 2:1 ratio rule, two critiques to every piece posted. But that's only part of the site, though our main purpose! We have all sorts of groups to help with almost any aspect of writing, too! You name it, odds are we have it, or something close to it!

And we're all a little nuts. I mean, our webmaster/mascot is a chimp/Bartemius (see very bottom of every page! teehee).

Anyhoo! What's your favorite genre to read? Write?

Enough from me for now! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! Here or PM, either works (though I pay more attention to PMs. Usually).

Welcome to the insanity!

Mesh
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:29 am
chocoholic says...

Welcome Ethan!

I think Mesh pretty much covered the 2:1 thing, so I won't go into that (just make sure you stick to it)

I live in Australia too, in Melbourne. Where do you live?

What types of things do you like to read and write? What else do you like doing?

PM me if you need any help,

chocoholic.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:34 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Ethan! Welcome to YWS!
Yes the site may seem confusing at first, but browse around the help and support section and I'm sure it'll help you loads.

However, I'm here if you need help. Don't hesitate to PM me.

See you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:24 pm
Cobra says...

Hi Ethan. Welcome to YWS! If you get confused on this site, don't worry because practically nobody's sane around here. If you need any help, you can PM me. See you around!
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:14 pm
Clo says...

Hey Ethan!

This site is amazing for young writers. I feel like I've grown a lot since I've come here - you receive such amazing feedback, both positive and negative! I hope you have a good experience here.

Can't wait to read your writing either.

Love!
~ Clo
How am I not myself?

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 pm
Carlito says...

Hey, welcome to YWS, Ethan! :D
If you haven't already I would check out the Rules because that will give lots of helpful information about the site. The Community boards are for topics about the site and general writing things but not for submission of your work. That's what the writing boards are for. Here you can read and critique others work and submit your own. If you haven't already I would recommend joining a group. It's a really good way to get to know people on the site with similar interests as you.
Hope I cleared some things up for you and if you have any questions or need anything at all feel free to PM me :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:08 am
Ethan says...

Thanks everyone for the welcome. :)

Thank you for all the advice and help also.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 am
silverSUNLIGHTx says...

hey ethan, shalom.
--->Don't forget we've got unfinished business. Stories yet to unfold, tales that must be retold.
-Alex Gaskarth

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:13 am
.:Echelon:. says...

Hiya Ethan

I hope you enjoy this site,

The wonderful people and brilliant writers are what make this site so intresting,

Without newbies who would we help.

Pm me if you need help,

Peace*

Love

xxxxxxRebbeccaxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxx
xxxx
xx
x
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:05 am
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to the family.

First of all the main rule here is to post 2 reviews before you post 1 of your work and to maintain that ration.

and for the other rules, you can look them up under the Help and Suppot Wiki at the Top on the right corner.

so, tell us about yourself. what type of book do you like? What genre do you like? etc.

Me, I like Romance and I write romance fiction.

well, see ya around. if you need something, give me a holla!
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Live your life how you want, but don't confuse drama with happiness.
— Ron, Parks & Rec