z

Young Writers Society

The dreaded introducton section...

Reviews: 2
Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:00 am
Kelsey says...

Hey everyone! You can call me Kelsey.

I found this site on another forum and decided to explore. So far I'm really liking this place, and can't wait to find out about more features. Anyway, enough small talk. I'm sixteen, and obviously a girl. I know Kelsey can be a male's name, however, it's not so common. I'm here to always state the obvious.

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. I'm currently working on a novel, which is a futuristic fantasy piece. It's been taking me quite some time, but lately it's been going faster than I expected.

I like to give other authors constructive criticism because I find that reviewing is a critical process--it can also make you a better writer in many ways. I'm excited to be here to get you all. If anyone has any questions, please, feel free to ask. I'm open and honest.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:20 am
Merry_Haven says...

Kelsey-
Hey. Hi. Ho there! Welcome to the family!! I hope you are most welcomed.
Remember to check out the Help&Support tab. It gives you rules to follow, staff to contact and much more.
Hey, I don't think Kelsey's a guys name. Well, I actually haven't met a guy with that name.
So I know everyone asks the basic...what's your favorite...thing. But I'm not gonna ask that's just boring.
Okay, random question time. Sour or chocolate candies? Road trips, fairy boats, or airplanes for travel? Oh, and would you go on a water ride if it shoots straight down? With no curves.
That's it for now.
If you ever wanna talk feel free to pm me. :D I must warn you, I get pretty loopy at times. :lol:
Off I go...
-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:32 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there Kelsey!

Welcome to YWS!

I know how you feel having a guy's name, because I, myself have a guy's name. I'm Casey by the way.

So, I've got a few things for you. First, please read the rules and the FAQ. Doing this will help you around. We have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting anything else. Please do not break this rule. After you have done this, try to keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me!

You said we can ask questions, so, what do you like to write? Read?

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:45 am
fun4eva says...

hii kelsey!

Welcome to YWS!

Its a pleasure having you here...

Hope you enjoy this place.

This is quite an addictive site.

By the way, please review atleast two pieces before making a post..

And yeah, all the best for the novel you're working on

Hope it turns out well

Anytime you need to talk...Im just one PM away!

xxx

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:17 am
SIC says...

Hey whatsup.
Welcome to the young writers society let me give you some tips.
1. no peeing in the grand kettlle I bought nate for his birthday.
2. No peeing in the grand kettle I bought nate for his birthday
3. NO PEEING IN THE GRAND KETTLE I BOUGHT NATE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY.
4. I REPEAT NO PEEING IN THE GRAND KETTLE I BOUGHT NATE FOR HIS BIRTHDAY

Have fun.

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:19 pm
Leja says...

Awesome! Glad you're here :D Stating the obvious can be helpful more often than you may think, haha.

Props for writing a novel! Futuristic fantasy is an awesome genre and I hope you post some of it for us to read! You have an *awesome* understanding of the critical process; you have no idea how awesome that is.

So... HI! I'm Leja, if you have any questions ^_^ and Welcome to YWS!

Reviews: 2
Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:04 pm
Kelsey says...

Thank you to everyone for the warm welcomes. I read the rules before I joined the site, which is something I usually do. I consider myself fairly caught up. I've also got a decent dose of common sense.

Merry! Hahaha, you're awesome. :) And, to answer your questions...I like candy that is SOUR and CHOCOLATEY. See, there's these sour gummi bears you can buy that have been dipped in chocolate. It's marvelous. Hahah. I don't like traveling much ever since an accient last Christmas. See, I was on a ferry boat and...got more than just sea sick. I prefer just driving now. Haha. Walking is my number one choice. And lastly, I love water parks. Any ride is just dandy.
KelsKels
If you're out to describe the truth;
leave the elegance to the tailor.

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind