z

Young Writers Society

I'm new!!

Reviews: 2
Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:17 pm
loveisthekey2010 says...

Hi!!! I'm new...i was referred to this site by a friend and he said it would help me with writing, but i'm a bit computer stupid so i'm not sure if i'm doing this all right hehe....
so anyways thanks for any help!!!
xoxo

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:29 pm
Cobra says...

If you want any help you can PM me, but I'm not all that brilliant with computers so sometimes I might not be able to help!(lol) Anyway, this site isn't too hard too figure out so you'll probably be ok.
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:52 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

Please make note of the Rules and Guides under the Help and support wiki up at the top.

And if you need anything, including friendship, don't be shy.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:05 pm
Cobra says...

Oh, wait. You'll probably want a bit of help with the website in general. Here are a few pointers. Before you post anything, get at least two reviews. It's probably a bit late for that, but if you get them quickly nobody will notice. You review by commenting on other people's work and writing at least two lines on it. Just go to the top of the page and click "Read and Review." A new page will open, giving you a range of topics to choose from. Just pick one and browse through until you see something intersting. That's what I do! You can rise in rank by posting stuff. No matter if it's a review, a topic of your own or a group activity, your post count will rise by one. At ten posts, you're shown as a junior writer or a novice, I can't remember which. At fifty, you become a writer. It keeps going up the more your post. For example, I'm a writer at the moment, with 97 posts, but by the time you read this I will probably be a senior writer with over 100 posts.
If you think a piece of work is especially good, you can give it a gold star. I'm not sure what they do, but the higher your count, the better a writer you are.
You start with 300 points, which you spend by writing stories and so on. You earn them by reviewing others' work and joining in group activities.
You can add people as friends by clicking on a box next to their name which says "add as friend" It's quite an easy system because even I can understand it.
You can join groups by going to the top of the page and clicking on groups. There are a range of groups and you can have a closer look by clicking on them. If you want to join a group then just click "join group." The group leader will have to decide whether or not you can join. It might take a couple of days but you are usually allowed to join because everyone likes having a big group. When you've joined, you can click on groups again to see if there are any new messages. You aren't allowed to post messages in groups you aren't a part of.
If you want to have a look at an individual person's work, click the "portfolio" button beside their name and it will come up with their profile.
You can edit your own work or profile at any time by clicking the edit button.
Ok. For now that's all I can think of. Hope this helps!

-Cobra
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:54 am
casey_kent says...

Hi there.

Welcome to YWS!

If you need help with absolutely anything, feel free to PM me anytime you want! I'd be glad to help you out.

Okay. You didn't put much details about you. So tell me about yourself, what do you like to write? How did you discover that you like writing? How about, what do you like to read? I'd be really glad to get to know you more.

But before you answer my questions, I've got some reminders for you first. Please read the rules and the FAQ. I guarantee you that this will help you out a lot in exploring around the site. Also, we have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting any of your works. Please do not break this rule and as well as the other rules to maintain order in the site. After doing these, try to keep up with a 2:1 review-post ratio.

As I said, if you need help with anything, feel free to PM me anytime!

Anyway, enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:32 am
rubberduck says...

Welcome to YWS! ^^

It's always wonderful to have a new member. :)

Well, as you've been told, two reviews for every story you post.
Remember that, alright? :D

Oh yeah..
Please refer to the 'Rules and Guides' in the 'Help and Support' section.
It'll probably come in handy if you have any questions about this site.

Well then.. I'll end off with this. ^^
The people here are really awesome. If you need a helping hand, just turn to any of us!

Seeya 'round!

-Max.
I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman.
- Homer Simpson

“A good book isn't written, it's rewritten.”
— Phyllis A. Whitney, Guide to Fiction Writing