z

Young Writers Society

Reviews: 1
Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:48 pm
DwahnePipe says...

Hi I'm a new member. Like everyone else I enjoy writing. I live in the UK (Suffolk at the moment) but I come from Nottingham and that is where all my family is. I am just starting my last year at high school, Upper Sixth, and am then looking to go to University of Derby to study a Marketing degree. I am a big supporter of football, Derby County and have a season ticket at Pride Park. I enjoy sports and play cricket for the county. That is a very basic outline of my life so far. A very basic outline.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:01 pm
Merry_Haven says...

DwahnePipe-
Hey, welcome to the YWS family!! I hope you are most welcomed here. :D
So about your very basic outline of life...
*what do you like writing? Poetry? Non-fiction? Fiction?
*what genres do you absolutely love?
How's it like in the UK? Is it what everyone talks about? All those old buildings and vast acres of land?
Yeah, I'm a senior too. So Marketing? What field in that job would you do? {I don't know much about Marketing. So tell me all about it}.
Um, I'm not a huge fan of sports but I do love baseball. I grew up with it.
Talking about sports, did you see the opening to the Olympics?
Well, I said to much. Off I go...
-Merry
Mary had a little lamb. Little lamb. Little lamb!

Ugh!! I really hate my name. >.<

Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:59 pm
DwahnePipe says...

Merry_Haven wrote:DwahnePipe-
Hey, welcome to the YWS family!! I hope you are most welcomed here. :D
So about your very basic outline of life...
*what do you like writing? Poetry? Non-fiction? Fiction?
*what genres do you absolutely love?
How's it like in the UK? Is it what everyone talks about? All those old buildings and vast acres of land?
Yeah, I'm a senior too. So Marketing? What field in that job would you do? {I don't know much about Marketing. So tell me all about it}.
Um, I'm not a huge fan of sports but I do love baseball. I grew up with it.
Talking about sports, did you see the opening to the Olympics?
Well, I said to much. Off I go...
-Merry

Sorry if I was too brief but I was in a hurry. I write fiction, novels mainly (or trying). I love writing crime fiction but also historical novels as i have an unnatural obsession with Jack the Ripper (maybe I was him in a past life) and enjoy researching anything gruesome especially at the moment I'm writing about The Tudors so lots of torture and beheadings. To be honest I dont think historical fiction is that popular over here with the obvious exceptions like the Da Vinci Code, but crime fiction is always a big seller, especially if it is a series like Martina Cole and Ian Rankin.
Marketing has always been an interesting subject for me and i enjoy the business side of life, but ultimately I would like to get into publishing work within the marketing trade. I know nothing about baseball if i'm honest its not a sport regularly played in the UK, probably along the same lines that cricket isn't played in the USA. Yes I did see the olympics Team GB were awesome, can't wait 'til LONDON 2012!!

O BTW Dwahne Pipe isnt my real name. That would be funny though. It's Alex Fitchett.

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:35 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hey welcome to YWS.

I'm from the UK too, just started the same year and everything. What A levels are you taking? I think this year is much nicer because I'm only taking 4 (including compulory general studies -_-) rather than 5 so I have a lot of frees. Is it the same for you?

What do you need to get into uni? I would have thought Marketing would be quiet competetive.

Anyway, nice to meet you.
See you around x

Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:05 pm
DwahnePipe says...

andimlovegalore wrote:Hey welcome to YWS.

I'm from the UK too, just started the same year and everything. What A levels are you taking? I think this year is much nicer because I'm only taking 4 (including compulory general studies -_-) rather than 5 so I have a lot of frees. Is it the same for you?

What do you need to get into uni? I would have thought Marketing would be quiet competetive.

Anyway, nice to meet you.
See you around x

O great to hear from someone similar to myself. I have taken Double Award applied Business and History, having dropped English Literature last year. Yeah what you say about frees is true in fact my new timetable gives me a whole day of frees on a friday so i get a three day weekend. My first this weekend. More chance for writing then and other stuff. What a-levels are you taking?
Do you like football, sports etc? Are you going to university?

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:47 pm
Livinginfantasy says...

Hey!

Glad to meet ya! LivingInFantasy here (or Fantasy... whichever). Glad to see another new member. Having fun? And what is your favorite type of music (if you don't mind me asking)? I want to have the chance to get to know you!

DwahnePipe wrote:I love writing crime fiction but also historical novels as i have an unnatural obsession with Jack the Ripper (maybe I was him in a past life) and enjoy researching anything gruesome especially at the moment I'm writing about The Tudors so lots of torture and beheadings.

That is so cool! It sounds very interesting, too. I hope you're having good luck with that, those can be difficult to write.

Well, see ya around! If you post anything, you can PM me about it if you want, and I'll be glad to read and review.

~LIF

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:01 am
View Likes
jasmine12 says...

Helloooo Alex! Welcome!
I just wanted to say straight out that we have little to nothing in common from what I've read so far! However, I love meeting new people and you are new, how convenient. I've never really tried out crime before. But I'd love to read some. lately I've been stuck with vampire romance...weird phase i think.
People have said this and will continue to say this, but since I'm me I'll say it any way. If you have any questions or you just want to chat, Pm me (that's this sites messaging system) And I'll be glad to help you out. I review basically anything...I have no life like that. haha. Also, the idea of the site is to have two reviews for every post. That way you get points, your name out there, and meet fun people like me! hehe. Okay. I'm done waisting your time. Bye bye!

--Jasmine
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:41 am
DwahnePipe says...

Thanks for the advice jasmine.
What music do I like? I'm not too picky, like listening to The Killers, The Enemy, Kings of Leon, Feeder, Dirt Pretty Things, The Charlatans, Hard-Fi, The Holloways, The Kooks, The Kaiser Cheifs, Muse, Oasis, Phil Collins, Razorlight, Fratellis, and quite a few more, depending on what mood I'm in really.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:02 pm
jasmine12 says...

Your welcome!!!

Even though this wasn't intended for me but...I like the Killers too!!!

haha.

See you around.
"Sometimes the worst bad guy makes the best good guy." Nigel--Untouched

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:19 pm
Livinginfantasy says...

Ahhh... cool! The Killers I'm going to have to agree with!

Thanks for answering my question, and see ya around! :D

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 pm
.:Echelon:. says...

HELLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

and welcome to yws,

hope you have fun!

love your avater, im a mad drama person lol

Love

Becka

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Every rose has it's thorn..
Just like every night has it's dawn.

I've matured a lot and I realised it was time to come back.. for good!

I continue to be a reverse hipster, I only do things after they've ceased being cool
— BluesClues