z

Young Writers Society

Time for my newbie post! :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:14 pm
daine says...

Hello...uhh...names TJ. I have wanted to write stories for the longest time but never found the courage to go and do something until now. I am more in the Sci Fi type genre but I like Fantasy too.

I joined this site after realizing that my sister couldn't criticize my writing to make it better, and I have no friends that would without laughing at me. Um...I really want to find someone to help me along the steps until I write a complete novel.

Write to me!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:16 pm
deleted6 says...

Fantasy me and you will get along perfectly look at my story it got many mistakes but i took about 2 and a half years writing it took that long because i kept taking breaks.
WELCOME :D :D :D :D :D :D
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:18 pm
niteowl says...

So you want to write a novel huh? So did I, until I realized I barely have the patience to write 5 pages. I have been considering going back into it lately... But anyway, I think you've come to the right place. This is a good place to get help on your writing.

Now, without further ado, your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:

If you have any further questions, you can pm me or anyone in Big Brother.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

Random avatar

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:22 pm
Inquisitor says...

We are sorry. Inquisitor, Zentillius, and Meshalidar have been suspended due to mendacious and pathetic behavior. Please excuse him.
Last edited by Inquisitor on Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
We are sorry. Inquisitor, Zentillius, and Meshalidar have been suspended due to mendacious and pathetic behavior. Please excuse him.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:26 pm
Rei says...

Yep. This is definitely the right place to be. I'd be happy to help you with your first novel. I've written some short novels already, and think I've got a pretty ood handle on how to do it. It's intimidating at first if you start by thinking "I'm going to write a novel." Which is probably why I didn't have any problem with my first three, since it didn't really occur to me that that's what I was doing until I got to the fourth one. But anyway, I'm babbling, I should stop now. PM me if you want a critique.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:48 pm
Firestarter says...

24? Is that what constitutes as young these days?? (joke)

You'll be able to get a lot of help here, don't worry, and people won't hold back just to be nice. Welcome to the site and hope you stay a long time. I'm Jack.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:06 am
Boots_snob says...

Lo. Name's Bootsie, yeah I'm the Queen of Crazyness. I like writing but I haven't finished anything yet and I don't really have much time to either. So I haven't posted any of my stuff yet.
Uniaeca was here
here she was
was she here?
coz she was!

"Crazy? I was crazy once, they wrapped me in a pretty white jacket and put me in a pretty white room. And then the worms came. I hate the worms they were hyperactive"... "Hyperactive? I was hyperactive once..."

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:16 am
Crysi says...

Hey, welcome to YWS! Sci-fi and Fantasy, eh? Right up my alley. ;)

Don't worry, we're here to help you through the novel. You'll find that some people are a bit pickier than others when it comes to editing, and some do full edits while others do general reviews. Just remember it's all (hopefully) constructive criticism and you should be fine. ;)

Feel free to ask anything if you have any questions. :)

~Crysi
Love and Light

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:21 am
uniaeca says...

Let me just note that I am more crazier than Bootsy and probably need to be in a nut house.
So welcome.

hmm btw did you get your name from Tamora Pierce's books?
Sporks!! and Waffles!! Ohhhh that waffley goodness stabbed with a spork!

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:18 pm
Boots_snob says...

You wish Uni. But I'M the one that needs to be put in the Nut House.... Don't ask....[/quote]
Uniaeca was here
here she was
was she here?
coz she was!

"Crazy? I was crazy once, they wrapped me in a pretty white jacket and put me in a pretty white room. And then the worms came. I hate the worms they were hyperactive"... "Hyperactive? I was hyperactive once..."

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil