z

Young Writers Society

hey I'm french

Reviews: 0
Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:15 pm
tiret says...

Hey hey people !
I'm a french fifteen years old girl, I'm fond of litterature and language. I use to moove in a french young writers society : Jeunes ecrivains, it is very interesting. Now I would like to belong to an english community, so that I can improve my english. That are the great advantages of surfing the net ^^

I enjoy reading, tap dancing, playing the piano, going to the theater, listening to music, talking with unkown people in the train... I like writing too, even I don't write much (in english I don't write at all).
I will read a little bit your works, try to comment... I hope I will progress fast.

If I'm making spelling mistakes please just point it out to me, it would be very helpful ! Thank you !

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:28 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Welcome to YWS

It's the best site out there for literature sites. That is cool that your from france. I don't ever plan on flying so I don't ever plan on leavin the good ol USA. But I bet it is pretty over there.

Spelling isn't my strong suit either, so I can't really help you to much with that. But if you want someone to read over your work just send me a message.

TNC
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:34 pm
tiret says...

I would like to go to the USA, it's a sort of monster for me :lol:

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:14 pm
gyrfalcon says...

Welcome to YWS! *pounces* Yay, we have a French gal. :) I'm so glad you've found your way here; I hope we can be a good site for you. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other junior moderators/moderators (people with green names) by pushing the "PM ME!" button at the bottom of our posts.

By the way:

I would like to go to the USA, it's a sort of monster for me

0.o Is this a good thing?
"In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function...We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful." ~C.S. Lewis

Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:44 pm
tiret says...

Well... Here in France USA generally haven't got a great reputation : for example, I hate american fast food (Mac Donald :evil: ), Bush isn't popular at all, the possession of a fireman is schoking for us... It is a big and powerful country, very liberal, it inspires hatred or admiration or curiosity.

Personnaly I think I could never live there, but I would like to visit it. Just to know what really happens there ; I said "monster" like I could say "legend". The landscapes must be wonderful too ^^ I read many books which story took place in America.

Thank you much for your welcome, I will ask you if I need to, thanks ^^ It's very nice to you.
I'm slowly beginning to familiarize with the website ^^

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:18 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hey welcome ^^ your english is very good! There will be a million people willing to correct any grammar mistakes you make so don't worry about that. I'm always impressed how good the language knowledge of other countries is... over here at 15 we're only just learning to speak French and that's if we choose to take the subject.

Looking forward to reading some of your stuff ^_^

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:40 pm
Emerson says...

Bienvenue!

I have been working on French for a few years now and I will be visiting this coming summer! I'm really excited. I'll speak to you in English though because I know it is important to practice.

Welcome to the site! If you have any questions or need help finding something, feel free to PM me. I can't exactly say I'm the best Francophone here, but I'm rather good, so if you need something and find your English is not making sense for the task, I can try to help you. :-) Also, don't let the biases of America get to you! The people of America are not their government, we don't always agree with it either. And I hate fast food too. :-)

I hope you enjoy YWS!
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:41 pm
tiret says...

So a frendly atmosphere !

The people of America are not their government, we don't always agree with it either. And I hate fast food too. Smile

Of course ^^ In any country ^^
And here lots of people love american fast food.

andimlovegalore, you know, I'm a good and diligent pupil and I've got a dictionary. :P

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:52 am
casey_kent says...

Hello there!

Welcome to YWS!

AWESOME, you're French? Cool. I'd like to get to know you more.

Anyway, before anything else, I'd give you some things to do first. Please read the rules and the FAQ, you can find it on the header, at the help and support button. Reading them will surely help you out a lot here. Also, we have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting anything. A review is simply a comment/critique on someone's work. When you've done this, you have to keep a ratio of 2:1 for reviews and posts. I hope that you will be able to follow these rules.

If you have any further concerns, feel free to PM me anytime!

I can help you improve on your English, I'd be happy to help.

Enjoy and have an AWESOME time!

See ya around!

~Casey the AWESOME
Christianity is not a religion, it's a relationship.

I may not be perfect but Jesus thinks I'm to die for.

"Let's destroy these little darlings..."- W.Beckett

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:30 am
Alainna says...

Heya and welcome to YWS!!

I'm afraid I don't speak a word of French but your English is very good! Ah, would you ever like to visit England? Or rather have you ever visited England?

Anyways, as already pointed out, the Help & Support tab on the drop down menu is extremely helpful when you need to familiarize yourself with the site. If you have any questions, want a crit or would just like to talk, then feel free to pm me.

All the best and I hope you like it here.

Alainna
xxxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:35 am
andimlovegalore says...

tiret wrote:andimlovegalore, you know, I'm a good and diligent pupil and I've got a dictionary. :P

Ah a dictionary ^__^ that must help a lot! Well it certaintly helps me when I try and use a foreign language. I'm studying French at school as well as Spanish =D I spend the whole time with my nose in a dictionary and a grammar book.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:20 pm
tiret says...

Also, we have a rule which indicates that you have to make 2 reviews first before posting anything. A review is simply a comment/critique on someone's work. When you've done this, you have to keep a ratio of 2:1 for reviews and posts.

I've read the rules, unless I'm mistaken, I've got to comment twice before I post my own work ; that will be easy to respect ^^

Thank you all for welcome. :D

Alaina> I would like to visit England (I've never been there) and it's easier than fly to the USA ^^ I'll try to find a job next year, during the summer holidays, in a foreign country, certainly Spain or England.

EDIT : I would like to read books in english ; have you got some advices ?

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:22 pm
Alainna says...

tiret wrote:

Alaina> I would like to visit England (I've never been there) and it's easier than fly to the USA ^^ I'll try to find a job next year, during the summer holidays, in a foreign country, certainly Spain or England.

EDIT : I would like to read books in english ; have you got some advices ?

I think the best advice I can give you is to check out the 'Book Reviews' forum on this website. If you browse through there you may pick up some titles that look promising to you. What genre do you generally like to read? Young Adult? Thriller? Horror? Sci-fi?

xxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:35 pm
Runelord says...

Hi I'm half Brtitish half Lebanese (where the cedars come form), but i speak frensh pretty well. Si ta envi 2 parler le francais 2 temps en temps PM me lol
Speling mestackes ink.

Flowing scribble

Guns don't kill people, people kill people... And monkeys do (if they have a gun)- Eddie Izzard

Ghosts, demons, and ghouls cannot scare the cat's underling.
— TheMulticoloredCyr