z

Young Writers Society

Hello. I'm new.

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:10 am
Kilty says...

Ha'lo! Is mise Kilty. I speak Gaelic, if you didn't notice, lol. Anyway, I'm new here.

I don't really know what else to say, uuum....I love to write. I've written a book, and a short story, (both currently in draft form) and have another book in the works. I think my mind works way too fast, and if I don't write down the story I'm thinking of, it clouds my mind until I do.

I'm a history freak and a tree hugger, so you can tell what my work is about.

My first book is somewhat of a historical fiction taking place around 4th century Scandinavia. Short summary: After army commander Bebeodan abandons his men, Bebeodan's daughter Beornwyn struggles to break tradition and lead the men herself against insurmountable odds.

My short story is about the downfall world that existed before our own. Could be kind of controversial, so I wont say much about it.

My second book is another historical fiction, highlighting events in history that few people know about. Again, could be controversial, so I wont say much else.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:47 am
Boots_snob says...

Yeah. First to post...

Welcome to YWS...

My name is Bootsie and I am the Queen of Crazyness (Since when did I get fired?!?!?! - Uni)

Have fun
Uniaeca was here
here she was
was she here?
coz she was!

"Crazy? I was crazy once, they wrapped me in a pretty white jacket and put me in a pretty white room. And then the worms came. I hate the worms they were hyperactive"... "Hyperactive? I was hyperactive once..."

Random avatar

Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:06 am
Kilty says...

Thanks!

So what kind of genre do you write in? Or do you prefer poetry or script writing?

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:20 pm
niteowl says...

I prefer poetry. Takes less time.

Here's your gift: :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :xmas_wink: :xmas_happy: :xmas_cool: :xmas_evil: :dreidel: :menorah: :frosty: :thumb: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( :-k ](*,) :whistle: O:) =; :sick: :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-# :hearts_eyes: :love: :lots_hearts: :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:28 pm
Rei says...

Good to see another person joining who's closer to my own age. I look forward to reading your stuff.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:24 pm
Chevy says...

Welcome to YWS, Kilty! I love Ireland even though I've never been there before. And I love Gaelic too.

Well, my name is Morgan...I've been here since the beginning..well, not the beginning beginning but a few days *after* the beginning...anyway, welcome aboard!
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:26 pm
Lollipop says...

Hey there!! Im Lollipop! Art freak and video games addict! Welcome to the YWS!! :D
Way hay!!!!

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:48 pm
Crysi says...

Hey Kilty! I'm Crysi. Wow, you speak Gaelic? That's amazing. I want to learn that so badly..

Anyway, your stories sound great! And we're pretty accepting of controversial stories here, so don't be afraid to post some of your work!

As for my work.. I tend to write Fantasy, but I've been thinking of writing historical fiction. As much as I hate history, I'm drawn to certain historical fiction books and I have an increasing urge to try to write it myself.

It's great to have an older member here on the site! You're always welcome here. Have fun! :)

Oh, and if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any of the other mods or admins. Or simply post your question here! Someone will answer it eventually. :D
Love and Light

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:54 pm
Areida says...

Welcome!

I'm Ari... and I'm weird... but really friendly like a hyperactive puppy. *grins*

You speak Gaelic? That is so cool. I'm jealous. :wink: I don't speak a word of it... but my name is Irish/Gaelic! Spiff-ay, huh?

Anyway, glad to have you here at the YWS, and if you need anythin' at all don't hesitate to PM me, okie dokie?
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:59 pm
Sureal says...

Hey :D.

You should post up your stories. I doubt any one would mind if their controversial. In fact, if you don't, I shall personally skin you alive.

Hah! How about that for controversiality?
- That's not controversial...
Huh? Then what is?
- This.
What? Why?
- You're clearly insane.
I find that offensive. Anyway - why d'you say that?
- I'm not real.
I wrote the above just for you.

Random avatar

Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:21 pm
Kilty says...

Hehe I'm too much of a lazy arse to quote all of you and write back, so I'll just write you all back in this post. ;)

To Niteowl-- I like poetry, but I'm not very good at it. I've written one that I was proud of called "Barbadosed." Maybe I'll post it sometime. I'll be sure to read your poetry. :)

Reichieru- Thanks, I look forward to reading your stuff as well.

Chevy- Do you speak any Gaelic?

Lollipop- Art as in painting? Who is your favorite painter? I love Salvador Dali.

Crysi- Thanks! I think that I feel more comfortable about posting my work here now. It's good to know that controversy is accepted. I've been scorned for my opinions before, so I guess I was just a little wary of posting my work. Tapadh leat! (Thank you in Gaelic. Hehe there's your first lesson. J/K.)

Areida- That's ok. Weird people are the best. Cool name! Areida.

Sureal- Umm, ok. Thanks. I'll be sure to post my work. I'm glad to know controversiality is accepted.

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me. I can't wait to read everyone's work.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:28 pm
Areida says...

Well, my real name is Kelley. *wrinkles up nose* So cutesy. I like Areida better. Or Ari. *grins*
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:54 am
Kilty says...

Do you know what Areida means? I'm fascinated by the meaning of names.

154 Reviews

Reviews: 154
Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:56 am
Armadian says...

hello and welcome to the yws.
How can you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist...

Random avatar

Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:37 am
Kilty says...

Thanks.

As if you were on fire from within. The moon lives in the lining of your skin.
— Pablo Neruda