z

Young Writers Society

New Here

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:22 pm
ScarletGryphon says...

I hate being new... but we're all at one time or another.
I've been RPing for years, but I've been trying to write a novel since April, even though I'm only teenage. I've had to re-write the beginning amongst numerous times, and to get some help with my work, as well as gain some more appropriate vocabulary and plotting skills, I've joined the Young Writers Society.

Random Stuffs:
I'm not just a writer, but I'm a varied artist, I like to scribble on my tablet as well as traditionally.
I like poetry, though I don't like writing it. I'm a horrible poet, and don't intend to write poetry outside school projects.
My parents say I put to much pressure on myself and my works, they say I should stop being so hard on myself... but... I... can't. It has grown onto me.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:29 pm
StellaThomas says...

Hey Scarlet! Can I call you that, or do you prefer Gryphon? Welcome to YWS! You can call me Stella.

Please check out our rules if you haven't already done so. The pretty much golden rule here is that you keep a ratio of 2:1 of reviews to pieces. In other words, you need to review two people's work before you submit your own. That way everybody gets reviewed.

There are a lot of people trying to write novels here, I have very shakingly begun handwriting the first draft of mine. It's scary. Relax. There are people here to talk and listen. It's what YWS is all about. We're a helpful bunch :D.

I can't write poetry either, so no worries there.

So if you need anything, feel free to PM me -that's if you need anything from questions to critiques. And you can always ask the Greeters- with turquoise names, it's their job!

Anything else we should know about you? What music do you like? What books? What RPs?

-Stella.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:44 pm
ScarletGryphon says...

Either way to address me will work. I was just using a a different username here than I do elsewhere on the web because I have to show my age.

I'm using a computer to write my novel, it's an easy fix.
I just need to get Microsoft Word for Mac (is such a thing) or something other than TextEdit to write in, at least so I can number the pages and insert headers and footers.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:57 pm
Dr. Jamie Bondage says...

Hey! welcome to YWS!

If your interest in more types of rpg, try storybooks. They're fun. XD

For reviews, check out the forum Will Review for Food. a lot of people there will be happy to critique your work. I can also critique anything for you if you need it. I normally don't do sci/fi, fanfic, or non-fiction. But I'll do any other kind of fiction...and I'll do sci/fi...Lol. XD
So...anyways, if you need any help, want me to edit something, or just want to talk, feel free to pm me. XD

Jamie

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:53 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

welcome to YWS.

if you need anything, feel free to pm me.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:03 pm
Layleun says...

Welcome Scarlet! You name caught my attention so I thought I'd drop by and say hey. My name's Lupe. Welcome to YWS!

You sound like you're a little up tight. Relax! We don't bite too much here. Actually, not at all. If you don't want to be bitten don't talk to Boon =P Anyway, we're pretty friendly here and overly helpful at times ^.^

As for your RPing, I RP a lot too, you'll love the Storybooks. They're pretty much long term roleplays that you can enter and leave when ever you want. Just go to writing and storybooks and try to join some ^.^

Any questions PM me or someone with a colored name. They'll definitely help you out since they're easy to spot. I also want to remind you of the post to review rule. You need to post two reviews before you post one story.

Welcome to the Family,
Lupe

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:10 pm
Kyuubi says...

Welcome, welcome, welcome. To YWS!

If you're into RPing, the storybooks are the way to go. They are fun, interesting and you get to make the character you've been dreaming of.

Since you're also an artist, there is a Art & Photography forum where you can post your various works. There are so many wonderful artists on this site. So you'll fit in quite well.

And, like Layleun said, your name is pretty different. I think it can catch many people's attention.

So good luck on the site!

~Wolfie~

P.S. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to send me a PM. I'll help you as best I can.

When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet