z

Young Writers Society

'Ello

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:56 pm
Fire In Bleeding Hearts says...

I just joined.

My cousin joined this site before and I decided to check it out. She got kicked off because people got her mad and she defended herself.

Down with defence!

Hardy har har.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:06 pm
Monki says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! My name's Monki!

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. But, I'm sure she didn't get kicked off just for defending herself. The mods are usually very good at only kicking off the problem-causing people...

Well, I'm glad that you decided to give YWS a try for yourself instead of just going by what you hear. :) Kudos to you.

Before you get started posting your work and such, I just wanted to point out one of the few rules that we have on YWS: there is a 2-1 ratio; meaning that for every work you post, you should review at least two works of other peoples. :) Try to follow this rule. This is what YWS is about. Getting critiques, and in return, critiquing work.

Also, if you need any help, you should click on the 'Help and Support' tab at the top of the screen. It will give you so much insight on YWS!

And if you need further help, you can always PM me! I'm almost always on, and I would love to help you with anything at all.

Good luck and happy writing!

<3,
Monki
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:08 pm
Fire In Bleeding Hearts says...

I know the rules.

She told me about them.

And, yeah, she got kicked off because of that and she didn't post a paragraph long review. Yay.

I'm tried, that's why I'm being sarcastic.

What I really mean is:
I know the rules, I'm just looking for something to review that captures my interest.
My writing is MY writing. If I don't follow your suggestions, yes they are suggestions not orders, deal with it. Bug me and you'll see why I warned you right now.

Random avatar

Reviews: 64
Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:51 pm
Yatta! says...

Welcome. I hope you enjoy this site. I'll be looking for something excellent to review soon, so don't keep me waiting.

Well...I hope you are able to right though...I've got huge writers block, so I suppose I'm just cruising through this sucker. Sorry your cousin got kicked out? It's a tough world out there and it's a shame she had to receive the bitter blow.

Hooray for new bees!

Hardy har har.

Ciao.

99 Reviews

Reviews: 99
Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:51 pm
Monki says...

It is definitely not probable that she got kicked off for not posting a long enough review. Look at this: post380568.html?highlight=#380568

That *points up* is definitely shorter than a paragraph. That is the shortest review I've ever written. So, yes, it's true that not many people appreciate short reviews, but there's no rule saying that you will be kicked off of YWS for making your review too short. That's basically like saying you got kicked off for reviewing some ones work; and isn't that the main focus on YWS? Yup! So, that is definitely not probable, like I said.

It's okay that you're being sarcastic. Lol. I know how it is to have a bad day. ^ ^ Just don't be so sarcastic that you come off as rude. And there's definitely no need to be rude.

Well, I'm sure other people will be here to greet you soon, so I should probably get outta here!

Again, PM me if you ever have any questions!

<3,
Monki
Tom Riddle: "You read my diary?"
Harry Potter: "At first, I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad, handwritten book."

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault