z

Young Writers Society

Hey everyone

Reviews: 2
Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:54 am
XtremeDino says...

Well, I just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been writing for nearly all my life, have finished a trilogy with a word count of 410,000 words total, and am hoping someday to become a published author. I just turned 17 and I live in Colorado.

Oh, before anyone asks, this is hardly my first forum, so don't worry, I won't act TOO newbish. :lol:

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:58 am
ProfessorRabbit says...

Welcome to the site, Dino! I'm Rabbit. :D

Anyway, the only real thing you need to know on this website is that there's a 2:1 review-to-story posting policy. That is, post two reviews before you post a piece of your own, and maintain the ratio. Simple enough.

Hope you have a great time on the site! I know I love it. XD
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:01 am
XtremeDino says...

Yeah, I read that. I tried to brush up on the rules before I attempted to do anything. Thanks for welcoming me! :D

47 Reviews

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:04 am
View Likes
ProfessorRabbit says...

Figured I'd mention it, since I was actually the first to welcome you. XD Usually four or five different people will tell you that, so don't be surprised if you hear it again real soon.

So, how did you find YWS?
-Master Shake

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:08 am
XtremeDino says...

Well, I was trying to find a way to get a publisher for my trilogy, but then I decided that perhaps I should join a writing community or something that could help me with my work. I already have an English teacher helping me, though, but I figured it'd be fun. I just googled "Young Writers Forums" and you guys were the first ones on there. I'll probably recommend some of my writing friends to this place!

47 Reviews

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 am
ProfessorRabbit says...

Sounds like as good a way as any! I think I stumbled here from Gaia on day, a long time ago. Last month I got an email in my inbox from this place, so I came back and created a new account. I love it here; recommend as many people as you want, and I'm sure they'll love it, too. Unfortunately, my trilogy is in my head instead of on paper. I envy you your discipline in actually writing the whole thing!
-Master Shake

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:17 am
XtremeDino says...

It took seven years and three rewrites to actually complete it! It's a long story, I started this one draft in 2004 just for fun, then I decided I could really expand on the idea, and wrote another draft in 2005, decided to turn that draft into a trilogy, but never finished the second book because I wanted to rewrite it again. I wrote that draft in 2006, finished both sequels (the final one I finished in April of this year), and here we are! I'll post some of the first one later, after I feel more comfortable here and review some others' work.

47 Reviews

Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:22 am
ProfessorRabbit says...

*envies* I came up with my concept for NaNo in.. what, '05? I think that's right. I only got a couple of thousand words before I petered out because the plot wasn't good enough. Now, it's expanded into a three-generation trilogy plot that actually fits together, but I just never seem to get the words out on paper. *rolls eyes*

I bet it's a wonderful thing to have a finished product, something you can actually consider selling. You should definitely feel proud of yourself!
-Master Shake

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:44 am
Meshugenah says...

Does that mean you've already read the rules, too? :P

Anyhoo, welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to send 'em my way! Congrats on finishing a trilogy! I wish I could say the same!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow