z

Young Writers Society

Beneath the Opera House - Inside The Phantom's Thorne's head

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:29 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

Everything you wanted to know about The Phantom's Thorne...

My background in storytelling was inherited from my mother, who would tell me stories about a rather naughty bird named James Edward Thrushbottom. I was known in primary and high school by many of the teachers as 'most likely to write a best-selling novel'.

I finished my first novel at eighteen, a crime thriller called 'Streetcop'. a twisted story of a corrupt cop trying to save a teenage girl from a life on the street. For a while, I worked on Law and Order: Criminal Intent fanfics, including the hugely popular Goren Withdrawals.

Recently, I reignited my fiery passion for the music and glorious story of Gaston LeRoux's Phantom of the Opera, thanks largely to Australia's Anthony Warlow in the titular role. From there, I've been researching and writing two new novels; The Mask and The Phantom Lives.

My literary heroes are Leroux, de Mendes, Dahl and Pratchett.

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:23 pm
Angel of Death says...

Wow you seem like a very interesting person oh and welcome to YWS. By the way this short bio is written I can tell you write really well and that you would likely be a best selling author. I have never finished a novel, I've only gotten to maybe the 200th page and quit. So I wish you luck on your next two novels.
You're a Law and Order: CI fan too? You should really post some of your fanfics on here I'd love to read them. I grew up watching Law and Order and since then Det. Robert Goren has been my idol especially since I always wanted to be a detective. Well, I hope you go on to write great things on this sight,
Angel
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:35 am
The-Phantoms-Thorne says...

Hi there, Angel! Most of my fanfics, including my Doctor Who ones, are over at fanfiction.net under the pen-name of Lina-Baggins, I believe. I have a few completed CI ones, though.

You are quite complimentary over my writing style, thank you very much! :)

The two CI fics I'm most proud of are The Goren Withdrawals and Redemption Song.

Hope to speak to you soon!
~@ Hyde's Classic Lines @~
“I must say, I enjoy a bit of carnage in the evening.”
“Well, this is the oddest angle I've seen London at, I must confess.”

Just think happy thoughts and you'll fly.
— Peter Pan